New room - 8k - 2ton AC

• Thread starter Wanderlust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Hello everyone. I'm currently constructing a new basement room and could use some advice.

I have 8 magnums that will be running quantum 1k dimmables. I have two 10" can fans for exhaust and one 10" vortex for an intake, plus a 2 ton split to help cool things, and 6 oscillating wall fans + 3 oscillating floor fans to move air. I was gifted four 4x4 botanicare trays and two 4x8 trays.

I'm new to indoor and am used to using soil, so this will be a drain to waste soil room. Plus I can also take all the used soil and use it to improve the soil quality outside for a potential future orchard. The room is roughly 12x20, but has a height constraint of 6'5". My original plan was to put the trays on cinder blocks and 2x4s and drain to rubbermaid totes, then pump the water out of the totes. Simple and easy, and I can pump the waste water to my rose garden.

The problem with this is that I have now have a limit of about 3'6" for my plants to grow. I want to grow a gram per watt, or at least .75 grams per watt minimum. Most of my strains are lanky lower yielding kushes, so I
this poses a challenge.

I have enough 5 gallon white square pots to let me run 16 plants per 4x4 tray. I could buy larger pots, but the height constraint prohibits this. Can anybody suggest a way to give me more room to let my plants grow, or perhaps a way of keeping a good yield with shorter plants and less veg time? I would like to minimize the veg time under the 1000Ws to no more than 2-3 weeks. I have four 4' T5s set up on racks that can veg 128 1 gallon squares until they are about 2' tall, although doing so will probably give them a bean pole appearance. I was thinking about the idea of building a trellis, if anything to just support the plants so I don't have to stake anything up, but I have no experience with this. Please, any advice would be appreciated.

I also have a question about a nute lineup, but I will post that in the general indoor forum. Thanks for reading!

Top Bottom