New Room! Co2 Gen Heat Creation? 6k Flower 3k Veg Ac Questions

• Thread starter CannaTech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaTech

CannaTech

Hey Farmers!

I am building a new room and need to know how many BTU's to compensate for a CO2 burner while sizing my AC unit.
The Co2 Gen is going to be a Titan Ares 4 burner.

The AC is going to be a Ductless Mini-split I am thinking 30-36K unit to cover veg and flower. the burner will only be in the flower room.

Anyone have a 6K flower room with a ductless and a Co2 Gen? How big are your head units on your ductless blowers? how many heads are in your flower room, 1 or 2?

Flower room will have 2 danner air pumps AP-100 in it and a 600GPH water pump.. I may have a 1/2HP chiller in the room, although I can locate it out of the room if I need/want to.

Does anyone know the exact figure for recommended airflow per site in liters per h/m? 15-lpm? I saw this figure somewhere last year on the site in someones guide but have been unable to relocate it.

Much help appreciated farmers!

Stay Green!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I hope you have a way to flush that room out with fresh air every now and then with that burner,im not a fan of burners in small rooms at all,have caused me more problems than any other thing.Depending on burner size 1-2k should cover it,good luck!

G gnome

G gnome

I have a 6k flower rm w a 4 burner gen-2. My a.c. is not a mini split tho. Its 24k btu. 36k will do ya

CannaTech

CannaTech

Is it s 24K Btu window unit?

Also, does it over control your room or just get the job done?

And Fish, flushing a sealed room is called, not knowing how to setup your room.

Maybe having an emergency exhaust would be wise but having anything that allows for gas/air to escape = more money out the window with it.

Maybe its worth knowing what kind of CO2 controller you were using that gave u the problems.....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If your running a burner and your 100% sealed you are creating ethylene buildup in that room,its just a by product of a burner.Lots of guys here have experienced it,im damn glad for you if your not but it will cause you BIG problems if you do.BTW it has nothing to do with the controller at all.Lots of threads here by very good growers that have experienced this,im not making it up or maybe we all just dont know what were doing?lol.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

If your running a burner and your 100% sealed you are creating ethylene buildup in that room,its just a by product of a burner.Lots of guys here have experienced it,im damn glad for you if your not but it will cause you BIG problems if you do.BTW it has nothing to do with the controller at all.Lots of threads here by very good growers that have experienced this,im not making it up or maybe we all just dont know what were doing?lol.
I will second that!!! I have had issues in rooms 12x12 up to 20x20....4 burners-8 burners. In a well sealed room you will have BIG problems without an air exchange. or you can wait and see your plants all curled and twisted

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I will second that!!! I have had issues in rooms 12x12 up to 20x20....4 burners-8 burners. In a well sealed room you will have BIG problems without an air exchange. or you can wait and see your plants all curled and twisted
You must not know what your doing either greeneye!
Throw a tomato plant in a room with a burner and watch what it does,its like a canary in a coalmine and tells the story.
Im kind of surprised people ask for help and then when its given to them they tell the person reaching out to help them they dont know what their talking about?why ask if you think you know it all already?
http://www.hort.cornell.edu/mattson/leatherwood/
For people having issues with burners in smaller rooms there are a couple cures,Unseal the room and vent fresh air in at timed intervals or use bottled CO2(best) or just do what you THINK you know is right and watch your plants eat shit,been there done that.
Best of luck to you CT.

Last edited:
CannaTech

CannaTech

Throw a tomato plant in a room with a burner and watch what it does,its like a canary in a coalmine and tells the story.
Im kind of surprised people ask for help and then when its given to them they tell the person reaching out to help them they dont know what their talking about?why ask if you think you know it all already?
For people having issues with burners in smaller rooms there are a couple cures,Unseal the room and vent fresh air in at timed intervals or use bottled CO2(best) or just do what you THINK you know is right and watch your plants eat shit,been there done that.
Best of luck to you CT.

I asked specific question and expected relevant answers. You telling me to be worried about ethylene is not really relevant. Several people I know personally as well as people here run a CO2 Gen in a 100% sealed room without issue. a hand full pull in O2 at night for 15 mins or so, to flush their room out, others do not. it is to each's own. My questions are more relevant to heating and cooling, not how things work. also, since when is 1400Cuft small?

G gnome

G gnome

Is it s 24K Btu window unit?

Also, does it over control your room or just get the job done?

And Fish, flushing a sealed room is called, not knowing how to setup your room.

Maybe having an emergency exhaust would be wise but having anything that allows for gas/air to escape = more money out the window with it.

Maybe its worth knowing what kind of CO2 controller you were using that gave u the problems.....
Not a window a.c. its a cental air unit.
Its works perfectly. It get up to 90 round here and i am able to stay under 80 in the rm w no problem

S

Seed Buyer

Is the 6K in flowering going to be SE 1000 watters or DE 1000 watters? The DE 1000's will create more heat than the standard 1000 HPS.

CannaTech

CannaTech

Single Ended 1000W with 8" vented hoods.
I am looking at a 36K unit with a 24K and a 12K head. Or three 12K heads. Should cover me, the question now is brand and cost.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Single Ended 1000W with 8" vented hoods.
I am looking at a 36K unit with a 24K and a 12K head. Or three 12K heads. Should cover me, the question now is brand and cost.

Avoid multi zone units if possible. More potential for problems and much more expensive. You need 36k just for flower unless u are properly air cooling your lights. Also locate chiller outside of room. It adds too much heat to room. I'm a HVAC pro by the way

CannaTech

CannaTech

Yeah, John I know you well from over the years I am just not as active as most. I was thinking about posting in your thread but figured it would be better if i just made a new thread.

The Hoods should be properly cooled ill have two-three 700CFM+/- fans to cool them with one pushing and one pulling.

3600 for the 6 1k's should be the 6K BTU per open air bulb. If I am not mistaken the vented BTU to bulb ratio is about 4K although by experience it appears you can get away with a little less being I do not live in Arizona. By that math I should be good with a 24K head in the flower room

John, Whats is a good multi zone unit? like a two zone with a 24 and a 12K head or three 12k's?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Yeah, John I know you well from over the years I am just not as active as most. I was thinking about posting in your thread but figured it would be better if i just made a new thread.

The Hoods should be properly cooled ill have two-three 700CFM+/- fans to cool them with one pushing and one pulling.

3600 for the 6 1k's should be the 6K BTU per open air bulb. If I am not mistaken the vented BTU to bulb ratio is about 4K although by experience it appears you can get away with a little less being I do not live in Arizona. By that math I should be good with a 24K head in the flower room

John, Whats is a good multi zone unit? like a two zone with a 24 and a 12K head or three 12k's?

Mitshbushi Mr Slim or LG

G gnome

G gnome

Best of luck to you CT.
I completely agree and thats exactly what I do. I have an exaust fan on a timer

Top Bottom