New Room Design Ideas

• Thread starter Islander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Islander

I have the opportunity to start from scratch with 2 side by side 11' x 17' rooms. They are in a basement space and i can install intake outake vents anywhere along the upper 3 feet of wall space. Both rooms will share a center wall and will have 2 walls (back and one side) that are exterior wall. (access to outside air) I already own 8 hoods with convertible ballasts and 1000w bulbs in both mh and hps. I have always grown in the past using soil but see this as the perfect opportunity to switch to hydro. What are your ideas regarding design or layout of the space to best utilize the room and lights. I would buy new lights for room #2 and would like to try LED. Looking for some feedback.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

LED is good for 1ft of light. PreVeg, Veg, clones, there OK. I rather have a health and robust stocks from a MH1000.

I keep 4 lamps for each room. If you got sealing space. Flat bed res and tables, EBB and flow seems to be vary easy to use and fair. Top drip is another fav with rock-wool. When it comes to feed its all up to the grower.

O

OZUT

If you can pull the amps, a really sweet set up with be 8 lights per room. Put 4 on one wall, 4 on the other side and you'll have 3 feet in between to walk around and do your thing. You could go with an E&F system. I would suggest an E&G system but that may be too many plants to do on it.

I

Islander

My original plan was to go with the 8 lights, as you say four down each side leaving 3 feet down the middle. I can handle the amps on a 220 set up. This set up also makes ventilation the simplest. I was just curious, as I have done only soil grows before and have decided to build these rooms as hydro, what is the best system to go with and will it be adaptable to the two 11ft rows 4ft wide, each under 4 1000w hps lights? Another idea in order to save power was to veg using LED in the one room and then move the plants into the "Bloom" room when ready.

O

OZUT

I would go with an Ebb & Flow system. One thing to consider is your room height. Your trays would be lifted off the ground and your hoods take up space from the top, so keep that in mind when setting up. That's why soil works out fairly nice like that. I would even consider a perpetual grow. Look at it this way, 2 months is a fairly long time to veg and by the time you go to flower, your plants are gonna stretch a lot. Use 1 side to flower, then the next month, throw the new plants on side 2, then every 30 days, your harvesting one side and filling it up again with plants that have vegged for about 30 days....Plus it makes harvesting a lot quicker.

As for air cooling, since your hoods are all lined up, attach a 10 inch fan for each set of 4 lights, drawing cold air from the outside, through the lights and up into the attic or another room. With air cooled, every 3 lights would need a 1 ton a/c...Light this, you would be really well off with a 3 ton a/c and your air cooled hoods

C

chefrey

Dwc

you have much more space than I do but I start with the emily's garden system for my veg make it easy to pull the basket out then transplant to a 5 gal bucket in my flower room

R

RMCG

I would do 2 UC Evolutions. Flip flop the rooms, 4/5 weeks apart.

Or (2) UC 12XL per room, smash 4k over each system, scrogged. Flip flop again.

Top Bottom