New Room, optimal height???

• Thread starter Wevie Stonder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Wevie Stonder

Hey Guys,

I'm starting a new room in a big shop/garage that I have. I am doing 8 lights, either 600's or 1,000's-- I think I've got the width dialed, but I'm not sure how tall to make the room. I've got about 15 ft to work with, so I can pretty much make it as tall as I'd like-- I'm doing hydro in buckets, not sure if I want to grow tall girls, or just a big bushy SoG.

Any ideas or recommendations would be quite welcome! I'm pretty new to this, and haven't done hydro before. Room will be something like 9 x 16 (ish) with 6 plants per light. I'm looking to pull 1 lb per light....

Thanks,

Wevie

matamus

matamus

shit i would use it all, you can always lower your lights. I would run the light bare no hoods, and use all that vertical space, i guess it really depends on your technique an how often you wanna harvest. If you wanna grow trees then use all that vertical space. Just a matter of choice an how much room you'd like.

W

Wevie Stonder

What's the advantage to bare lights? What about heat problems? I may want to go tall, but I've never grown that tall before-- is it more difficult?

lollipopman

lollipopman

look at the mpb section, thats what i would do, since you running that many lights

Top Bottom