New Room Soiless Grow

• Thread starter DesiretheFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Sup! I took a year and a half off from growing bought my first house and just finished my new room! Im pretty excited about it, and to get back to growing!

Im rocking a 14' x 10' room with 4k air cooled watts. I have a 10k btu AC on an interior wall cooled by a homemade box with a 6" inline fan to the outside. My lights are cooled by a 6" inline fan connected to a carbon filter (which isnt ideal but works for me) i also have a 4" intake from the outside for extra cooling help during winter and so my AC isnt on as much

For veg I have a 8' x 4" tent which can hold my two big fluorescent lights. Also in that room is another carbon filter that leads to the outside

I have 16 plants that are blueberry x OG kush and Purple OG from DNA. Im in 5 gallon smart pots and i decided to throw my mothers in there which are in 3 gals. i also took clone to make new moms. This is the first time ive grown these strains they are from feminized seeds. It will be cool to compare the difference between the 5s and 3s

Im using AAA mix soilless with GH flora series nutes with some additives. Just bought a new probe for my hanna meter so i can make everything perfect. I built some custom trellises which seem to be working pretty good. My next round im gonna put reflective tarp material on the walls to cover up the weird painting on the wall haha. Also going to set up automatic watering with manifold drip lines, decided to just hand water this round. oh and im putting some more fans in the room just waiting for them to get delivered.

Just put these in flower 3 days ago! Looking forward to this one!

PS posted this in the wrong area meant to put in "Grow Diaries" gonna have it deleted and will repost there

New room soiless grow
New room soiless grow 2
New room soiless grow 3
New room soiless grow 4
New room soiless grow 5
New room soiless grow 6
New room soiless grow 7
Last edited:
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

:cry: Thats one thin tent!

What mL/gal are you using with the GH flora?
Haha

I actually havent used them yet they are supposed to arrive via mail here in the next couple days. Was just gonna use the ppms off the feed chart and go from there. Got any tips for these nutes!?

Spectre

Spectre

Haha

I actually havent used them yet they are supposed to arrive via mail here in the next couple days. Was just gonna use the ppms off the feed chart and go from there. Got any tips for these nutes!?

When I ran it I used 6mL micro / 9mL bloom week 1-6, then cut out the micro and just run 9mL bloom week 7-8 and flush week 9. I'd also recommend getting some liquid Koolbloom which I used @ 1mL week 2, 2mL week 3-6, and 2.5mL week 7.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Here is the room on flower day 32. Buds are growing basically where i want them to be in the trellis. Bud growth is coming along well i have some phenos that are yielding pretty good. Im growing from seeds so im doing pretty good keeping the ppms where i want them without having to water with individual mixes. i have checked each plant individually and all plants are in the 800 to 1100 ppm range. I give the 3 gals a different mix than the 5s tho

I read somewhere that soiless with pre mixed organic nutrients like a higher ph. So i tried a 6.2 for a while but from what im seeing they like more of a 6.0 to 5.8. but one of my biggest yielders has a slighty higher ph than some of the others but is just a little less green, but im prob going to relate that to just being a higher yielding pheno, ph on it is not that high

IMG 8045
IMG 8056
IMG 8035
DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

When I ran it I used 6mL micro / 9mL bloom week 1-6, then cut out the micro and just run 9mL bloom week 7-8 and flush week 9. I'd also recommend getting some liquid Koolbloom which I used @ 1mL week 2, 2mL week 3-6, and 2.5mL week 7.

Hey do you Run that strength with straight watering or light feeds in between? I find that is a good range that my plants like to be in but I definitely wouldn't be able to water that strength frequently or my ppm ranges would be way too high. but im also watering pretty frequently in this soiless medium

Spectre

Spectre

Hey do you Run that strength with straight watering or light feeds in between? I find that is a good range that my plants like to be in but I definitely wouldn't be able to water that strength frequently or my ppm ranges would be way too high. but im also watering pretty frequently in this soiless medium

I feed full strength every feeding in coco, up to 5 times per day. Actually the more frequently you feed with runoff, the more stable your EC / pH will be. It allows you to feed more consistently at higher strength. Your pots are a bit oversized so it might be more difficult though.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I feed full strength every feeding in coco, up to 5 times per day. Actually the more frequently you feed with runoff, the more stable your EC / pH will be. It allows you to feed more consistently at higher strength. Your pots are a bit oversized so it might be more difficult though.

Yeah I agree my pots are oversized, My buddy gave me a good deal on this mix not telling me it was just organic soilless. so i have pots sizes for soil. But im good at adjusting to what the medium needs. Ive done quite a few coco grows and learned the hard way that you dont need much coco to maximize results. If i feed full strength even in my small pots that im running right now i still have the need to give lighter feeds in between to keep my EC where i want it. I just really dont like to overfeed at all. Its a little harder to make everything perfect when i have 6 different phenos drinking at a different rate.

Another friend of mine runs 8oo ppms drip line watering 4x per day in 1/2 gal pots coco prob close to what your doing and says his results are good. he said he might have higher EC before flush but he dosent worry to much about it. I plan to go the dripline route in the future. Im switching back to straight coco after this, ive been doing organic soil for the past year or so before this run.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom