New Room, splurge on LEDs or dial in hps?

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

10x10 canopy area, 4 lights, already have raptor hoods and digital 1000w ballasts. big mini split can cover it, sealed using bottled co2. question is, go for a run with the hps and get leds down the road, or borrow some ducats and splurge on some leds right out the gate? seems like dialing in the genetics (kush mints) would be helpful before benefits from changing from hps to led.

looking at the mammoth 10 bar setups to cover each 5x5 area. anyone have any exp with these rigs?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Let me ask — do you depend on the heat from the hps lamps, or is it all just waste heat you have to get rid of? In winter, I found my tent benefited from the heat from my old HPS lamp, after I switched to LEDs.

If that 10 x 10 were mine, I'd try replacing one HPS at a time. There would be the benefit from lower electricity use and getting the hang of growing under LEDs, while not completely throwing off the temps in the tent.

pork

pork

The mini split can cover the temp spread. In general, if I need heat it won’t be when the lamps are on. Northern California, so it’s not too cold. Especially as we’re coming out of winter

good idea on swapping in 1 at a time. That hadn’t occurred as a thought!

Top Bottom