New Seedlings, look okay?

• Thread starter CannaBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaBudz

CannaBudz

How much water should they be receiving? I have the “overwatering” paranoia... tent is about 25*C, 70-80%Rh, good air intake and circulation. Grown in Mo’koko mix with 5% pearlite. First Planter pots are 2.5gal. (transplant before flower to 5 gal fabric) Have not seen much above ground vegetative growth the past day or so.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
How much water should they be receiving? I have the “overwatering” paranoia... tent is about 25*C, 70-80%Rh, good air intake and circulation. Grown in Mo’koko mix with 5% pearlite. First Planter pots are 2.5gal. (transplant before flower to 5 gal fabric) Have not seen much above ground vegetative growth the past day or so.
you should get used to lifting the pots to see when they need watering,
roots are growing first than the plant will start to grow slowly as the roots keep growing. it’s important that the roots get oxygen, so wet/dry cycle.. patience and less is more.
you see something going wrong, try figuring it out and post it here to see if you were right and for help.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello, I have a 4 plant setup going and successfully germinated all 4 on the 18th. (Seeds planted on 15th) 3 seem to be a little bit slower than the other, just wondering if this growth seems okay for day 4, or a little slow?
Nice selection!

3 gallon would probably work for Coco, and you might want to consider starting them in smaller containers next time, good luck!

CannaBudz

CannaBudz

Well the GG#4 is not looking so great today, it was starting to go pale green last night, I figured I have to feed them this morning a 1/4 dose of cal/mag watered in at a pH 6.5 (coco pH is getting higher, 7.3 - I’m thinking I under watered from beginning, allowed the coco to dry too much And now it’s going alkaline?) anyways - small dose of some food, watered to small runoff. Symptoms are yellowing, leaves folding up.. room has great ventilation, humidity and temps. Thought heat stress...

some things I am aware of, and some things I would have changed...

- people are not a fan of the “mr canucks grow” method - I’m now realizing this online, works for some, not for others... and yous may not be able to help me

- I regret not starting them in solo cups, not sure why I thought 2.5gal pots for beginning would be great, I am transplanting to 5 gal before flower (if I can even get started)

any advise?

Madbud

Madbud

They are pretty slow at first. Here’s a 12 day old seedling to show the roots already reaching the bottom and sides of a solo cup but barely starting the first true leaves. Whats your lighting and distance?
31850EB4 85D0 4769 9114 DA4D3B38DD9C

Madbud

Madbud

Nice looking setup, maybe someone familiar with that light will offer better advice but i would have it closer.
Edit: the manual suggests 24”
B4C907F7 10FA 4724 A628 52404721C28E

CannaBudz

CannaBudz

Nice looking setup, maybe someone familiar with that light will offer better advice but i would have it closer.
Thanks, you can throw money at it, but doesn’t make you a better grower.. recommended height for seedlings is 24-30” from manufacturer, but since I hadn’t seen stretch at all, I didn’t drop down further. When GG#4 sprouted it wasted no time making first set of serrated leaves, and looked like it was praying, until it slowly yellowed...

B5C301F6 4BB5 40BF 8F1F 4FBD7D23BBAB
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Yeah, in the end your right... shouldn’t assume or argue with what’s written on paper... dropped it down.

I would start right at this height. I use similar lights, and move them up and down depending on if I want to stretch or stack the nodes. But they are still fairly young so they shouldnt need as much light.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I would start right at this height. I use similar lights, and move them up and down depending on if I want to stretch or stack the nodes. But they are still fairly young so they shouldnt need as much light.

Edit: Writing these off your phone is difficult. My point was I veg about 12 inches with Leds for the duration.. Then I move them to 18-20 to encourage stretch before i flip . Its what I am working on now. These pics are 24 hours apart after raising.

08709010 1192 4DDF 914F 8981606A68F2
17ADBD56 B0E0 4E8E BD3E A425C7095C25
Last edited:
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Second pic is 24 hours ago with lights 12 inches off top. First is today. I moved them 12 inches up to encourage stretch before I flip to flower. You should be able to see the difference. You can get much closer to plants with LEDs compared to other setups

this is after defoliation today. You should be able to manipulate the plant pretty easily with these lights. You should have some pretty good success with these

0C17EB13 C5F2 43B7 AA04 44A4BF33932D
Slap

Slap

Hello, I have a 4 plant setup going and successfully germinated all 4 on the 18th. (Seeds planted on 15th) 3 seem to be a little bit slower than the other, just wondering if this growth seems okay for day 4, or a little slow?
Those look good!

CannaBudz

CannaBudz

Not too sure what’s going on with my northern lights now...

F6233F5D 7678 4947 AEE6 7F5D7346D6D0
FD8B0C78 DE60 436A A0B8 D24851B334DE

Latest posts

Top Bottom