New set up ideas

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

Its HOT. I cant afford to keep dumping my hot exhaust into my house. Here is what I plan to do about it.Long winded, dead camera batteries so no pics yet.

4x4 tent
1k light
9 5g smart pots of 50/50 chow coco hydroton
ART dne feeding will manually dtw feed every couple of days, as schedule permits.

Dedicated 6 inch fan on speed controller cooling the light with outside air, dumping it back outside. Desert air in the summer will stay 70+ at night, early mornings will be 85-90.

I have a cupboard in my room that shares a wall with an outside storage closet. Its about an eight foot straight run to the tent. I have a 6 inch bugnet as a filter and am thinking of a 5gal homer bucket filled with polly stuffing as a filter/muffler with the bugnet as this is outside air.

Also thinking of going 8 inch intake to the tent, reducing down to 6 inch at the fan for better flow.

At the tent the intake will hit the fan and be pushed past a 180 degree turn, through the light, and back outside. This will have an even longer run, as much as 15 feet, to be ended in a homer bucket muffler. Again, this will be a straight shot.

A 4 inch fan on a VSC-dne will control tent temps and provide carbon filtered exhaust. Twin Exhale bags should be enough co2 to keep me going. Room has its own window banger to cool.

Will it work?
Tips tricks or suggestions to make this work? Im on a budget and about tapped out.

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

for the 8 in intake down to the 6 in where is the air coming from? just as long as it is cool and fresh you should be good to go. I had a similar setup and it works just fine. Just remember have the lights on at night and it should be okay.

Just to get it straight you should have fresh air going in the tent . Then you exhaust out through the lights to the outside. so you should have 1 fan taking air in and another fan with the filter going out

Cort

Cort

Lost, Thanks for the feedback. instead of fresh (hot desert air) as intake I will be using 2 exhale bags so my girls can stay in the AC without me having to run a full co2 sealed room that I cant afford.

The air to cool the light will be outside air pushed back outside. Desert air at night is 80+ degrees and it will be a longish run to and fro. Was really hoping for someone who had done something similar to chime in with tips before I go pick up the misc ducting and parts needed.

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

you cant get fresh air in from your room instead of outside air? Your using a 4x4 tent correct? You should be able to draw air in from a room instead of outside air. Then from the inside of your tent you should have a fan exhausting outside through the lights. I have ran a similar setup without co2 and temp range from 70-80 lights on in the summer. I stay in socal so it get hot in the summer. hope everything work out for ya bro

BTW mines was a 2k 18 plants with 5x10 tent size, running a flood and drain with rockwool. I did help a buddy setup a 4x4 tent which is temp range from similar to mines.

Cort

Cort

You are describing exactly how my last set up was.

Old set up was 2x 6" passive intakes into the tent,
Air sucked through carbon filter and pushed through light and out of the tent. That worked great. When it wasnt 110+ and my house AC + my window AC working overtime.

What I am doing is using 2 fans. One fan taking outside air and cooling the light with it, taking that hot air back out of the house.

The air that comes in contact with my girls will be the air inside my house, supplemented with exhale bags for co2 and filtered so my work clothes dont smell like my play clothes.

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

I dont know if it is late at this time or I am a bit stone or maybe it is both but that is exactly what I meant. the fresh air is coming inside your house to your girls and hot air back outside through the carbon. I hope everything will work out for ya bro

Cort

Cort

Must be stoned while its that late.

The outside air has its own fan. outside air thru the light and back outside.

Inside air stays inside.

Cort

Cort

Pictures added:
Work is not complete, still need final placement of ducting, tape up connections run cables and set up duct muffler etc.

Pic 1 shows the inside basic design. 4" fan pulling tent air through carbon filter and out into the room, Room is cooled with window shaker. Fan speed controlled by CAP VSC-DNE to keep the temps constant.
Intake with 2 filtered 6" passive intakes. CO2 added by 2 Exhale bags. Id love to run CO2 but my funds will be tied up keeping the house cool when its 115 outside. Maybe next winter.

6" fan will blow filtered outside air thru the light and back outside.

Summer setup 001

Pic 2 is kind of a blurry view looking up from tent floor. Again, ducting still needs to be tucked in and item placement needs adjustment

Summer setup 004

Pic 3 is the holes where my exhaust and intake will connect for outside air to cool the light. Yes, the holes are not level, nor perfectly round tight quarters on the other side.

The area you see through the vents is an outdoor storage closet. The shelf you see through the right vent shares a wall with another outdoor storage area. Ducting will be ran to that far wall for exhaust.
Summer setup 003

Now that pics are attached I hope it makes more sense. Now I cross my fingers that it all works the way I want it to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom