New setup, looking for new lighting!

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

I’m going bigger, getting rid of my tent and blowing out the closet!
I have a 4x6 area and looking to get a new light to try to cover that space more.
Option one: HLG Scorpion Diablo
Better light but a bit less coverage then needed
Option two: 2x Growers Choice E-420
Not the best wattage output but will cover the area better
What’s your thoughts?

New setup looking for new lighting
New setup looking for new lighting 2
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The Growers choice ROI-E720 is just under 1600ppf which would be perfect for 4x6. If you're going with growers choice lights I think CCFC gets you 10% off but it might not work anymore.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

The Growers choice ROI-E720 is just under 1600ppf which would be perfect for 4x6. If you're going with growers choice lights I think CCFC gets you 10% off but it might not work anymore.
Im currently using 2 spider farmer sf1000's for these super silver haze auto's but i to need more light for a bigger grow area next time so im goimg with the gavita pro 1700, but this is the results of the sf1000's

20201116 193805
Received 394074044975093
20201116 193839
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Im currently using 2 spider farmer sf1000's for these super silver haze auto's but I to need more light for a bigger grow area next time so im goimg with the gavita pro 1700, but this is the results of the sf1000's
I don't have any experience growing with spider farmers but I know that they're pretty expensive compared to lights with similar ppf. If I'm not wrong, I think they hardly produce any heat though and I think they have a pretty good spectrum.

Last edited:
Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I don't have any experience growing with spider farmers but I know that they're pretty expensive compared to lights with similar ppf. If I'm not wrong, I think they hardly product any heat though and I think they have a pretty good spectrum.
Those sf1000's were $175 each. Thats not expensive, great results. DWC has alot to do with the growth but the lights are cheap in my opinion.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I don't have any experience growing with spider farmers but I know that they're pretty expensive compared to lights with similar ppf. If I'm not wrong, I think they hardly product any heat though and I think they have a pretty good spectrum.
I have that dwc system in a closet in s.e. ga., highest temp with 2 fans goimg is 81 F, they run cool. Amazon prime can have them to you in a couple of days.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Those sf1000's were $175 each. Thats not expensive, great results. DWC has alot to do with the growth but the lights are cheap in my opinion.
The sf1000 puts off 190ppf you got it for $175 (I assume thats USD) so that's 1.09ppf/$ and the viparspectra xs1500 puts off 280ppf and costs $145 ppf and that's 1.93ppf/$.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The mammoth 10 bar might be a bit too powerful for your space but it's the same price and is better.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

The sf1000 puts off 190ppf you got it for $175 (I assume thats USD) so that's 1.09ppf/$ and the viparspectra xs1500 puts off 280ppf and costs $145 ppf and that's 1.93ppf/$.
Lol i dont know all those breakdowns, i just know for the money i love the lights. Its my first go on dwc indoors. Since its illegal in Ga i grow secretly for myself and 2 others people. Grown outdoors for yrs but its gettimg harder outdoors so i built a small dwc system to test and im about to go much larger to about 20-30 plant system. Im learning right now, but im highly impressed with the setup. 2 sf1000's over 2 super silver haze auto's being fed advanced nutrients ph perfect grow, micro, bloom and big bud bud booster. So far so good. And that ph perfect fertilizer is badass, never have ph issues with it

cottageman

cottageman

2 of the growers choice is probably what will work best. Since you’re in a tent you want a low hanging height with as uniform coverage as possible and 2 bar style lights will do that perfectly. Plus growers choice is a reputable led company so far

Anthem

Anthem

2 of the growers choice is probably what will work best. Since you’re in a tent you want a low hanging height with as uniform coverage as possible and 2 bar style lights will do that perfectly. Plus growers choice is a reputable led company so far
Yes they will be happy to send you out warranty lights free of charge once the originals fail and cost you a grow. They might be 300 dollars less my cost but not worth losing a grow over. Gavita or Fluence is the way to go.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Yes they will be happy to send you out warranty lights free of charge once the originals fail and cost you a grow. They might be 300 dollars less my cost but not worth losing a grow over. Gavita or Fluence is the way to go.
You have a faulty light that cost you your grow?

I’m only into HLG or GC maybe LUX. I have a 600 Rspec DIY HLG now that’s in a 3x3, I know it’s a great light but looking for a bit more coverage. 30% off GC at ledgrowlightdepot, 20% off at HLG and 30% off at LUX this Black Friday so I’m just looking for my best buck per watt and coverage

0CBA2B5B 2378 44CE A3BF E1CCA8CC80AB
Top Bottom