New Setup Seeking Help/advice

• Thread starter AniZaTo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AniZaTo

hello growers!

I am planning my first grow YAY !!!!!
I am looking for advice and suggestions and ideas for my garden. I pretty much have everything picked out for what I want to use. How to use it properly? That is where you all come in. If you think I am missing something or if anything could be improved, please let me know. I have until February 2019 to begin purchasing stuff for the garden.
I will be doing DWC with 4 buckets in a 3x3.

First, I have a few beginner questions:

1.- I have a concern with the water temp in the root bucket, do people use aquarium heaters or what is the deal here?
2.- What are the essential nutrients that cannabis needs, without the steroids. (I know of CalMag, Micro, Grow, Bloom) but is there anything else that is essential?

Equipment List:

2temApollo Tent 36”x36”x72”
Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 400 LED
AC Infinity Cloudline T6 6” in-line fan
iPower 6” Air Scrubber Carbon Filter
VIVOSUN Air Pump 1110GPH 50W

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm! The search bar will help you tremendously on your growing journey!

Fangthane

Fangthane

VIVOSUN Air Pump 1110GPH 50W
I've just recently thrown my first hydro setup together, a 4-bucket top-feed deal. I'm not much more experienced than you, so there are much better people here to answer your actual questions. I do, however, want to point out that your chosen air pump is pretty overkill for a 4-bucket setup, especially if you're not also running air to drip rings. I got the Vivosun 285gph pump and it's plenty strong enough for 4 diffusers to keep your nutrients aerated. Unless you're planning on expanding your setup soon, you could cut down some noise, save a little $ on purchase price and electricity used if you go with a smaller pump.

A

AniZaTo

910E95AE 263F 404E ACB3 664827BB8B46

I made this visual of what it should look like roughly. The rest of the equipment is below the tent to give you an idea.

5BC683E2 E255 4A0D B9CA 59FD506731AF

With a whopping total of $1,915.03
Still have to get the seeds.

Also forgot to add that I will be using an RO unit to filter my water.

I couldn’t find any other posts asking about how to setup a ventilation like I am thinking of doing.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. I am trying to figure out if placing the inner recirculating fan (inside tent>fan>carbon filter>inside tent) to be the Cloudline T6 fan or if you would choose to use use the Cloudline T6 as an exhaust fan instead (inside tent>fan>outside tent)? Which setup, between the fans I selected, do you think would be best configured to maintain a stable environment?

I've just recently thrown my first hydro setup together, a 4-bucket top-feed deal. I'm not much more experienced than you, so there are much better people here to answer your actual questions. I do, however, want to point out that your chosen air pump is pretty overkill for a 4-bucket setup, especially if you're not also running air to drip rings. I got the Vivosun 285gph pump and it's plenty strong enough for 4 diffusers to keep your nutrients aerated. Unless you're planning on expanding your setup soon, you could cut down some noise, save a little $ on purchase price and electricity used if you go with a smaller pump.

Thanks for the suggestion buddy, I left it there just for $$$ reference but I will probably end up using one of the aquarium air pumps I have lying around.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

RO water may be more trouble than its worth. I didn't find it necessary. It has to be plumbed in somewhere, and thats a pain.

Top Bottom