New Setup

• Thread starter LouchiXGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

I'm setting up a new grow area. Moving up to 1,000 watt light in my flower room.

I have a few questions about my 1,000 watt light setup.

Can I just run my 1,000 plugged into the ballast, which would be plugged into a regular wall socket?

How many plants can I run under a 1,000?

surfguitar

surfguitar

for most homes around here the socket is running off a 15amp breaker, perfect for a 1k just make sure you don't use other wall sockets also running off that breaker.

for plant #s depends on veg time, you could veg 1 month and do 16 plants or veg 1 week and do 48. Strain also influences this, less plants for stretchy strains.

I hit ~3/4lb my first 2 rounds under the 1k only utilizing 30-40% of my foot print due to not enough plants/veg time/proper training. Should have no problem exceeding the 1lb mark this round.

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

if the amps are there on the socket you can plug in for sure. 120V @ 1000 watts = around 9 amps. never go over 80% of breaker ability.

as far as plants, you can fit 1-250 under there.... all what you want to do. as for the pound, try it!

Thanks for the help i really needed it. I'll be using that advice along the way.

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

for most home around here the socket is running off a 15amp breaker, perfect for a 1k just make sure you don't use other wall sockets also running off that breaker.

for plant #s depends on veg time, you could veg 1 month and do 16 plants or veg 1 week and do 48. Strain also influences this, less plants for stretchy strains.

I hit ~3/4lb my first 2 rounds under the 1k only utilizing 30-40% of my foot print due to not enough plants/veg time/proper training. Should have no problem exceeding the 1lb mark this round.
So wait your saying that only the 1000 watt can but plugged into a socket alone? Or other sockets in that room cant be used ?

That's amazing that you pulled 3/4lbs of your first 2 runs. Im crossing my fingers for a grow like that.

& I like the sound of the one week veg / 48 plants I have the perfect amount of room.

Thanks for the help wish to hear more insights in the future.

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

My fuel box says its max amps/125 could that be true for an apartment?

surfguitar

surfguitar

You only want to run 1k and maybe a fan on 1 15amp at 120v. You have to get the electric map for your apartment or justexperiment till you pop breakers ;)

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

You only want to run 1k and maybe a fan on 1 15amp at 120v. You have to get the electric map for your apartment or justexperiment till you pop breakers ;)
Thanks, :) dont want to die trying to get some P's lol. drop in soon to show some pics of my new setup thanks for the support.

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

Added a little something on the door :) must be a working member of the team. & I don't know why my pic is sideways. Hope everyone learned the art of reading sideways lol.

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

Okay so I'm almost at the peek of being down with the design for my room adding in another fan with some filters & no co2 not a fan of it. I'm running some fox farm stuff such as fox farm [ Happy Frog Soil ] & Nutes are Fox Farm [Tiger Bloom] ,and [ Cha Ching ] only close to harvest.

Others
General Hydrophonics [flora Nova]
& Earth Juice [ molasses ] & might add on a few more things to my line up.

It works for me.

At the moment I'm only blooming with my 600 watt HPS. Was thinking of blooming with a 1,000 buts I'm just going to go with 2x 600 watts = 1,200 watts should be seeing some great results coming in soon

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

Nope!
Sorry only personal grow.
Maybe try your local dispensaries.

Lmao.
Sorry I'm not hiring.

LouchXGrow©

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

Worst advice ever DO NOT experiment with electricity! Find out what sockets go to what breaker and don't exceed 80% unless you want a fire

Yeah it wasnt the best advice lol.
& thanks for the insight.

Im all setup now.

Delerium

Delerium

Put something down on the floor also. Worst is carpeting in a grow. All i see when I look at carpet in a grow is BUGS BUGS BUGS.

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

Put something down on the floor also. Worst is carpeting in a grow. All i see when I look at carpet in a grow is BUGS BUGS BUGS.

Yeah that problem was solved i laid out some thick white plastic on the floors throughout the room. And yeah I know what you talking about with the bugs but with my floors laid out it seems to keep me protected from the bugs havent had any problems with bugs lets cross fingers I dont. & I keep it very clean.

LouchXGrow©

Delerium

Delerium

Yeah that problem was solved i laid out some thick white plastic on the floors throughout the room. And yeah I know what you talking about with the bugs but with my floors laid out it seems to keep me protected from the bugs havent had any problems with bugs lets cross fingers I dont. & I keep it very clean.

LouchXGrow©
Smart move. Recipe for disaster in the long run. If your running a timer on the 1K ballast get a decent one. Try to stay off the same circuit. Typically in an apt, you will only have 1 circuit for both bedrooms. Depends how old it is. Plug a lamp into the receptacles and turn the breakers on and off so you know which is which. Get yourself a cheap mutlimeter, no need to spend a lot on that for your grow, 25 bucks tops. Not like your going out on the job using it daily. You might have to run a cord from the bathroom in case you start tripping that bedroom circuit. The bathroom receptacle is on its own circuit.
Should be a amperage rating on your ballast

LouchiXGrow

LouchiXGrow

Smart move. Recipe for disaster in the long run. If your running a timer on the 1K ballast get a decent one. Try to stay off the same circuit. Typically in an apt, you will only have 1 circuit for both bedrooms. Depends how old it is. Plug a lamp into the receptacles and turn the breakers on and off so you know which is which. Get yourself a cheap mutlimeter, no need to spend a lot on that for your grow, 25 bucks tops. Not like your going out on the job using it daily. You might have to run a cord from the bathroom in case you start tripping that bedroom circuit. The bathroom receptacle is on its own circuit.
Should be a amperage rating on your ballast
Thanks,
This some helpful word of advice that I will use. I know to stay away from running too much of an high output on breaker. I dont really have much going right now im waiting to throw in my 1000 watt im just running my 600 but ill be adding in 600 soon im running off enough amps but a lack of fans/ airflow im working on some ways I can manage to get more air flow my room temps are okay but kinda scared to be running an extra fan in my room dont know what to do with that ill find a way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom