New tent. Light recommendations please.

• Thread starter Legalizeiteverywhere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Legalizeiteverywhere

Just set up a 4x8 today and I’ll be looking at getting lighting for it. I currently have a 2x4 tent with a quantum badboy (6) bulb t5 in that. I really like the light that I’m currently using but does anyone have any recommendations for new lighting. I want to keep the wattage around 50ish per bulb and the price per fixture $200-$300 if possible. Do you think (2) of the current fixtures I have would be sufficient for a tent that size? Thanks in advance!

MEGA956

MEGA956

Are you going to use LED lights or HPS? I have a Gavita 1700e and it lights up my 5x5. Runs about 680watts, I think. And very minimal heat.

L

Legalizeiteverywhere

I was thinking of sticking with the t-5 fluorescent lights but wouldn’t be opposed to the idea of using led’s. Obviously I want to light up as much of this beast as possible.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

You could do four of the Durolux 4-foot, 8-bulb T5HOs that Amazon carries. I have one in my 2x4 veg tent. The price is right, too.

hillbil

hillbil

Modern Board and Bar Grow Lights are far more efficient and powerful than any Fluorescent.
Not even a fair fight.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Modern Board and Bar Grow Lights are far more efficient and powerful than any Fluorescent.
Not even a fair fight.
There are other reasons to use flourescents other than efficiency. A bank of flourescents can get up very close to a larger number of seedlings, or cuttings, and they run cool. It might be the only real remaining use for them but some people prefer them.

Top Bottom