New tent what lights to use

• Thread starter Gmix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

I am moving to another room & The tent I was gifted is massive 7.5ft long 3.5ft wide, I only intend to grow 4 plants in it veged for six weeks.

I have a 300w lumteck I am using to flower atm.

When I move to the tent I was wondering witch is better one 600w or two 300w

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I am moving to another room & The tent I was gifted is massive 7.5ft long 3.5ft wide, I only intend to grow 4 plants in it veged for six weeks.

I would rather have 2 300w lights. My reasoning is that allows you to grow different strains of different sizes. Keep the shorts on one side and the taller ones on the other side.

I could be wrong with this one,
but i think 2 lights would also lower the chance of having hot spots.

Gmix

Gmix

Yeah i used to use 2 x 250w hps before I moved to led & I did like it for them reasons ; different strain heights just wasn’t sure as someone said a 600w would be better tbh I would prefer 2 x 300

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What light are you looking at?

Most 600s are built to fit a 4' wide tent, you may struggle to fit them in 3.5'.

For example, the Spider Farmer SE7000 would not fit, 2 SE3000s would.

I would definitely recommend a bar style light whatever you get.
I've 2 SE3000 in a 5x5 and width wise they fit great but there's a 2 ft gap up front that needs filling if I want to fill the tent....as is there's room for equipment and 5 big plants...............So 2 has more coverage to answer your question

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’d personally go with two 600’s. Like a couple hlg scorpions or similar.

Gmix

Gmix

The lights are lumatek Bar type lights. Ok thanks I think I’ll go with two 300w.

Atm ones enough for me to get 16 ouches back from 4 plants per grow witch is all I really need just the tents a whole lot bigger, still can’t complain 😋

Top Bottom