New Theory On Landrace "extinction"

• Thread starter MrBelvedere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

WORLDWIDE it is routine for police to destroy cannabis. However in some cases the cannabis was not destroyed (perhaps when the cannabis was associated with a "serious crime" like murder, etc.) Therefore the police evidence storage facilities may still be holding seeds of "extinct strains" from the 1960's to today.

I am not claiming it is feasible to get the seeds out of the police evidence rooms, however the possibility exists.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

@ShroomKing thanks, yes I agree let's have them focus on the 1970's. That is where the popo needs to start their research. How hysterical would it be that the people who put us in jail for this sacred herb have unknowingly preserved landraces ;) We need popo worldwid (Thailand, Colombia, China, Mexico, Colombia, Vietnam, etc) to all join the search.

@waayne In first world countries the evidence lockers are usually in climate controlled, secure facilities. Since they are climate controlled and (hopefully) therefore were not subjected to extremely high temperatures, they may be viable. Your thoughts?

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I think you have a better chance of finding landraces where they were originally, world is a small place but there is lots of unexplored corners of the planet. Get a job as a evidence locker janitor, someone has to clean it. Likely could be a lucrative career ;) just my 2 cents

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Interesting idea @MrBelvedere how viable do you think those old seeds are,after laying around in evidence lockers for decades.....?

They are still good before they disappear. the main point is let the suffering result in some good some way. For sure a pipe dream, but the seeds are there. For sorry I only replied I am trying to find an old post about finding original cut of NL #5 that Siri messed up. :)

zeke

zeke

It's a great thought. The reality unfortunately isn't that cool. Far from a shagadelic disco ball laden vault stacked floor to ceiling with Afro pics, Thai sticks, Colombian Gold and micro dots I'm sure it's much more boring. Cardboard boxes and lots of shelves and reference numbers. You'd have to have access to the evidence data base. Even then you would find that the stuff from the seventies was disposed of in the seventies. I got a buddy that works at a place called Stericycle. They burn medical waste, pharmaceutical waste and police drug seizures. It's all done under intense surveillance and licensed by the DEA.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Watched a documentary about the massive genetic stockpile of seeds in Norway called Svalbard Global Seed Valut, its this big facility in the ice, i was wondering if anyone knew if they had been saving cannabis seeds in there as well? If not it would be intrseting to see if you could contact them and ask if theyd like to store anyone them.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Watched a documentary about the massive genetic stockpile of seeds in Norway called Svalbard Global Seed Valut, its this big facility in the ice, i was wondering if anyone knew if they had been saving cannabis seeds in there as well? If not it would be intrseting to see if you could contact them and ask if theyd like to store anyone them.
Svalbard’s database includes 21,500 cannabis seeds in its vault. That equals more weed than there are asparagus, blueberry, or raspberry seeds also held at the facility. There also happens to be more marijuana genetics inside the vault--
than there are for pear, cranberry, and artichoke combined...
http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetrut...the-apocalypse-thanks-to-doomsday-seed-vault/

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

The U.S. Feds has a hidden seed vault also and I bet you my Fire Og seeds I ordered from the attitude was confiscated and sent there :mad:. I did get my $100 tshirt. :confused:

LOL, mine is sitting right next to yours I'm sure. I also got my $65 socks as a souvenir with a nice little note that was shredded in the heat of the moment. Wish I kept it. I mean I did pay for that note.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
LOL, mine is sitting right next to yours I'm sure. I also got my $65 socks as a souvenir with a nice little note that was shredded in the heat of the moment. Wish I kept it. I mean I did pay for that note.
I'm gonna put my letter in a frame lmfao

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I love the Norwegians, Cannabis is also a very nutrient rich food, I eat all the premature seeds I get from seed runs, as well as some sketchy looking ones. My chest hair is very shiny and lush the next day. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom