New to A.C.

• Thread starter meanwhile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meanwhile

I have a 9X6 sq ft flower room. The time has come to need a.c. I have limited floor space so i think i need a wall mounted unit. Does anyone have any suggestions for a model/type? The flower room is in the basement and pulls ambient basement air from a hole cut in the bottom corner of the room. I have access to windows to exhaust the a.c's warm air, but it would need to run through a hose to the window. I use a carbon filter on my inline exhaust, will the a.c. exhaust smell if it were to exhaust out a window through a hose? Does it pull air from outside the room or inside if its wall mounted?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a 9X6 sq ft flower room. The time has come to need a.c. I have limited floor space so i think i need a wall mounted unit. Does anyone have any suggestions for a model/type? The flower room is in the basement and pulls ambient basement air from a hole cut in the bottom corner of the room. I have access to windows to exhaust the a.c's warm air, but it would need to run through a hose to the window. I use a carbon filter on my inline exhaust, will the a.c. exhaust smell if it were to exhaust out a window through a hose? Does it pull air from outside the room or inside if its wall mounted?

Does both. The part inside the room just recirculates and cools the air in room. The part outside the room will exhaust air from roof if not installed and sealed correctly. You will need to build a box with a fan to exhaust air from a/c thru window. Make sure you only cover the coil end of a/c with a box 24 inches deep with a proper size hole for exhaust fan to connect to it. You will need to exhaust 400-500 cfm per 12,000 btu/hr of a.c. Do a search on here for "window a/c box" for ideas how to do the box. I am a HVAC pro. Best of luck.

M

meanwhile

thanks for the reply. Its great to have a hvac pro to ask questions to. My basement room is 400 cubic ft. two of the walls are exterior and two are interior. i do have access to a window on one ext wall so i could put in a window unit there. Will smell from the room exhaust out the window or does not exhaust the rooms air? another option i have is to put in a window/wall unit in one of my interior walls. It would then exhaust into the basement. Ive seen wall units that have exhaust ducting, about 4" of so diameter that could be ran to another ext window in the basement. What would be the best way to go? What size unit would i need. Good brands?

thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom