New to both outdoor growing and using Gaia Green

• Thread starter Powerstroke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Powerstroke

Powerstroke

So I have 2 clones that I have decided to grow outside for the first time. I know there are tons of threads online about Gaia Green, but nothing about specifics.

I want to know if I can use Fox farms happy frog soil with just the 4-4-4 and the 2-8-4 amendments. Do I have to add worm castings? What about the recharge as well? Do I still need molasses with every water if I am using recharger every week or every other week? So to recap, I will be using a 10 gallon fabric pot with pure happy frog soil, Gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4, recharge, molases and well water. Will this work? Thanks!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I want to know if I can use Fox farms happy frog soil with just the 4-4-4 and the 2-8-4 amendments.
Yes, you can. It's low on nutrients, though. I mix FFHF with FF Ocean Forest in a 1:1 ratio.

Do I have to add worm castings?
No, but it will help.

What about the recharge as well?
I haven't used it, but I understand it can be helpful.

Do I still need molasses with every water if I am using recharger every week or every other week?
It probably would be helpful.

So to recap, I will be using a 10 gallon fabric pot with pure happy frog soil, Gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4, recharge, molases and well water. Will this work?
It sounds good to me. You might want to review this thread:

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Do I still need molasses with every water if I am using recharger every week or every other week?
I may have goofed on my previous reply. If you're Real Growers Recharge, additional molasses may not be necessary because it is included in the product. It's on the list of ingredients:

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

I may have goofed on my previous reply. If you're Real Growers Recharge, additional molasses may not be necessary because it is included in the product. It's on the list of ingredients:

View attachment 1988438
I guess the glacial rock dust isn't necessary. I have seen some package deals with them, but I see a lot of growers who just use the 2.

I will try the OF/HF soil mix next time, The clones are already in their final pot.

Top Bottom