New to clones. Yellowing leaves. 🙄

• Thread starter Lillth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lillth

Lillth

New to clones. They are in in a humidity dome. Temp is at around 25°Celsius and humidity is at around 70%. Is it normal that after 3 days from cutting the lower leaves turn yellow. I mist 3 times a day.
IMG_20210604_140117.jpg

Last edited:
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I never mist or spray the clones. They need to search for moisture and that creates roots. Spraying them is not causing the yellowing in leaves though.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What light are you using, how close is it to the clones and how many watts?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it happens, you should be fine.
it’s a fight for survival..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks, I will look into cutting the tips.
yep fairly easy to do..
you say dome by windowsill? is the sun shining directly into the dome? that might be too much intense light and creating too much heat inside the dome.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

No lights at this point. The dome is put near a well lite windowsill.

It might be too much light and heat, I know when the sun comes thru my kitchen window, it's hot as shit.

I would recommend an 18-24" daylight (5000K) LED shop light for about $10 from Walmart, 12-18" above the clones.

Besides that, did you use a rooting hormone?

Lillth

Lillth

I was told to mist them to create
I never mist or spray the clones. They need to search for moisture and that creates roots. Spraying them is not causing the yellowing in leaves though.

yep fairly easy to do..
you say dome by windowsill? is the sun shining directly into the dome? that might be too much intense light and creating too much heat inside the dome.
No the only sun is for about an hour during that time I move them to a table opposite the window.

Lillth

Lillth

yep fairly easy to do..
Widow is open and netted. It hot here in the Mediterranean.
The sun is only for about an hour in the morning and I remove the dome at that time. They are in my kirchen.

Lillth

Lillth

It might be too much light and heat, I know when the sun comes thru my kitchen window, it's hot as shit.

I would recommend an 18-24" daylight (5000K) LED shop light for about $10 from Walmart, 12-18" above the clones.

Besides that, did you use a rooting hormone?
I did use a rooting hormone.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok patience than
don’t spray plants well not all the time as clones, once rooting no reason to every mist the plants.
instead mist the inside of the dome.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

What i have learned so far is that at first you want to mist the plant itself. That's how it's going to absorb water. And when you mist them make sure some water is on the tray so the roots have something to search for. Only until you see roots. Then water the medium and roots. With like a 5ml syringe. Use a diluted nute mix. About 1/4 strength.

Top Bottom