New To Coco' And Need Some Help!

• Thread starter Mickygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mickygreen

Mickygreen

His guys , I'm a newbie grower with coco and got of to a good start, first I spent 12months growing in soil ' and for the most part had fun! And no problems.
The only thing about soil is, takes to long from seed to harvest ' expecially when you have limited space & plants?

Anyway! I wanted a style of growing that wasn't to full on' but still challenging lol. Well I defiantly got what I wished for.

My plants are 5weeks from seed still in veg and starting to show what I think is both calcium & magnesium deficiency?
I started feeding very low amounts of GH 3part nutes from week 2 at equal ratios of 1ml per gal and steadily raising it to 2.5 ml per gal until week 4 when it was at 4ml per gal.
Ph is always between 5.8/6.0?
I haven't been using calmag because I was told I didn't need because my tap water is 240ppm consisting of these elements at these ratios:
Calcium= 61mg/l
Magnesium= 9.8mg/mg
Chloride= 29mg/l
Nitrate= 4mg/l
Phosphate= 1.9mg/l
Sulphate= 50mg/l
Floride= 0.09mg/l
Conductivity= 430us/cm
Ph=7.8
Total hardness= 193mg/l

I have no idea if this is good/bad/fucking amazing! No idea!
I've got every kind if product avaliable to solve the problem'just don't know enough to make a final diagnosis?

Here is a few pictures to help aid you cleaver buggers lol
New to coco and need some help
New to coco and need some help 2
New to coco and need some help 4

New to coco and need some help 3
hermit186

hermit186

Yes you need Cal/mag.
Read some cocojoe and Seamaidan
If those are in coco your in need of Cal. I pretreat my coco with Cal25.
Coco is low on C from the get to.
You are also showing a -Mag
Also the Red lines are -Mag.
You need to check your meter if you use one I use drops and check with meter.
Drops don't change and the meters do regularly.
I would be sure of my meter first.
If good then hit them with 1/2 strength Cal/mag just before lights out and mist them well.
You will see a Lessing of the red quickly. Spray twice.
The -C your showing is just starting and you will get a bit more.
If you have only a few effected leaves pluck them.
Then watch and read you in coco you should treat -C &-Mag individually
Coco increases your chances to see the HOOK of cal/mag the plants are fine the leaves are stretched a bit but look good. In the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower you will suddenly develop N-tox.

Mickygreen

Mickygreen

Yes you need Cal/mag.
Read some cocojoe and Seamaidan
If those are in coco your in need of Cal. I pretreat my coco with Cal25.
Coco is low on C from the get to.
You are also showing a -Mag
Also the Red lines are -Mag.
You need to check your meter if you use one I use drops and check with meter.
Drops don't change and the meters do regularly.
I would be sure of my meter first.
If good then hit them with 1/2 strength Cal/mag just before lights out and mist them well.
You will see a Lessing of the red quickly. Spray twice.
The -C your showing is just starting and you will get a bit more.
If you have only a few effected leaves pluck them.
Then watch and read you in coco you should treat -C &-Mag individually
Coco increases your chances to see the HOOK of cal/mag the plants are fine the leaves are stretched a bit but look good. In the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower you will suddenly develop N-tox.
If my tap water ppm is 240 and the calcium/magnesium in the water is as stated ubove , what ratio of call mag per 3.79 litre would you suggest?
I have read a few posts from people running Ro/water ato 30ppm 'and suggesting to go to 200ppm of calmag?
If this is so, how much do I use?

Mickygreen

Mickygreen

After spending the ' best part of yesterday reading grow journals, water reports, NPK ratios, deficiency fix tutorial ' I finally got the "jist of things in regards to how/when & how much to feed my plants to avoid deficencys

I started the beginning of the week feeding lucal formula with tap water after being advised to by another grower who convinced me with picture evidence and general information that sounded credible

However, my mistake was not suplimenting with cal&mag or epsom salts ect , my plan was to feed 3 part gh at equal ratios until 14days before the flip then move to lucal formula ready for flowering?

Within 18hours I started to see calcium deficencys , nitrogen deficencys & also magnesium?

HOW I TREATEN THE PROBLEM:

First I flushed 10 litre of 1/2 strength nutrients ph 6.0 until ppm was around the same out as inn

Then I added 1/2 tsp empsm to 1 gal of tap water that is 240ppm and fed a 3/4 strength nute at a total ppm of 800
With a ph 0f 6.2

I also misted them at lights out with a 1litre spray bottle containing Epsom salt disloved at a ratio of 100g to 1000ml tap water, l then extracted 2ml of the solution and mixed it in 1litre sprayer and misted the plants?

Before & after pictures
20170328 111057
20170328 111458

Plants were starting to fade bad! And calcium dedicency along with mag deficency was getting worst.

sincethen i installed the scrog net on so the structure if the plants are obviously different in the pictures ' but the overall colour has in proved a lot in 48hour's and the new growth looks fine?
20170330 161222
20170330 161214
20170330 161155

I think I'm going to give them 1 more night of misting and just continue to at emsom with every feed (feeding every day)

Top Bottom