New to coco coir and am looking for advice

• Thread starter cd420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cd420

Hey im hoping to get some help switching from promix soilless mix to a organic coco coir mix.I read that coir has a ph of about 6 and the peatmoss ive been using has a ph of about 4 and gets lower the longer it sits.Im relatively new to indoor growing ive been growing big outdoor crops for years.This is my 3rd grow and ive had many bumps in the road so far but i have a very dank crop ready to cut.But i know i can do better,my tapwater ph fluctuates around 6.2-6.8,i just need to get a better coco coir mix.Has anyone ever mixed coco coir w/promix?Would anyone suggest it?:afroweed:

S

sirshamus

Fairly new with coco too, but I just use straight B'cuzz coco, nothing added and try and keep my pH 5.8 to 6.0. Good luck.

H

Highlander

yea I just switched to coco and I do the same as Sirshamus, I use B'cuzz coco only in 4x4 beds and I keep my PH about 5.8 and my PPM at 900-1100, I've noticed Coco drys out alot faster than soil so you have to keep up with watering but other then that small negative ,I feel coco is my future! my root growth is crazy and my plants just look healthier and bigger being coco beds!

C

CharlesSprkleaf

highlander can I ask how many cubic feet of coco you use for your beds? thanks

W

WillytheWeed

Hi,

Just use the coco on its own no promix.
Not sure how you water the plants, but i hand feed mine, make sure that the water stands for 48 hours, measure Ph, add feed, measure Ph, adjust if needed, then water.
As long as the Ph is in the range of 5.2-6.2 you will fine, the plants will soon let you know what Ph level they like.

WtW

Top Bottom