New To Coco

• Thread starter dilligaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dilligaf

dilligaf

Just freed up growroom..going to change styles of growing. Ordering general organics go box and mars 300w full spectrum led.
Going to use chunky/shredded coir mix with perlite for the medium.
Has anyone here used the mars hydro 300w led..i dont know anyone who has used any kind of led light.
Going to go with hanna ph meter..any reccomendations on organic ph up and ph down
Thanks for taking the time to look at this

D

Nugteq

Nugteq

Hey bro good luck
Any ph up or down should work just fine. better off just getting some general hydro bottles their cheap and work good.
definitely want to keep your ph between 5.85 and 6.15 and make sure you add a calmag supplement at 2ml to 3ml per gal if you are using ro water, if not and using tap water maybe some epson salts

do some research on "head goes coco"/ donjuanmatus growing trees in coco thread / and search "a few things i learned about coco" by Hundred gram oz and also youtube "growpotcheaply" all of these guys put out a ton of useful info for first time coco growers

and i recommend hps lights over LED even a 400 or 600 W can outperform any equivalent LED at half the cost

keep it green bro!

cheers

dilligaf

dilligaf

I am just going to use the led to sprout and early veg under..i have a 400w hps for flowering..wasnt sure about led so i got this one to try out..will see if i like them before spending big bucks..

What size led has actual 400w draw..i think this 300 has 145w draw.

The go box claims no ph adjustment needed..time will tell.

D

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I am just going to use the led to sprout and early veg under..i have a 400w hps for flowering..wasnt sure about led so i got this one to try out..will see if i like them before spending big bucks..

What size led has actual 400w draw..i think this 300 has 145w draw.

The go box claims no ph adjustment needed..time will tell.

D
Hi brother..
I got some advice if you want it?
Get reg chunky coco coir in a bag.
No peralite.
Get cns 17 nutrient.
And silica blast..
Its simple, proven and easy on the wallet..
Thats it...
If you want i got several gardeners here that run that exactly and they have no problem following your grow and guiding you!
Welcome to the farm and good luck..

dilligaf

dilligaf

Thank you for the replies..am switching from organic soil..have the organic go box for this run but i would like to know if the cns and silica blast are considered organic or all natural.

I have 2/3 bucket chunky coir i have used to mulch my last soil grow..also same amount regular coir.

Since this is an experiment for me i sprouted 6 jack herer seeds..i have 25 more if this flops..my durban/c99 are fewer and cost enough to experiment with freebies was more logical to me

D

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How early can you lightly feed seedlings..sprouted yesterday in reg coir with bubbled tap water.thanks for looking

D

in my mind in coco they should be getting something straight away, never plain water by itself.. even if its only a tiny bit... coco needs feeding or you might get issues later..;)
Hi boys!
Top of the morning to you.

So Whitebob is right, coco needs fed every time..
Um but before i tell you what.

Lets make sure we are on the same page.
What is your water source? Ph? PPM? of water source?
And what nutrients?
Im sorry I help a lot of ppl and sometimes i can get confused on who has what unless i been with them for a month or better.

dilligaf

dilligaf

Water is local tap water..ph meter is in the mail literally. .i have general organics go box for first attempt with liquid organic nutes..box claims no ph adjustment needed..i know ph in organic soil is more forgiving but i am doubtful of that claim..
I have a bottle of 5 1 1 alaskan fish..i have been known to put 1/4 teaspoon in 8 oz water to water rooted clone

D

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm using tap water I'm using coco natural my feed is cana a+b 10 days into flowering why add calmag into mix so can I add cana boost and calmag and a+b into feed will that be over feeding as nutrients have they???? I veg my baby's for 4 weeks they started to get yellow new growth down to bottom but I gave them there first feed perked right up got some bad advice I was told feed then use plain water then feed but I was told of forum that coco has no nutrients reason why you need to feed I feed them 2 days ago leaves on flowers and other's our yellow only had this problem since I add just ph waterhelp???,
feed every day to 20 percent run off

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That's a good question I'm using coco natural soil
coco natural soil is dumber than dumb to me..
Its either soil or coco..
They are 2 diff medians and always cause this exact problem with every newbie that buys this

Top Bottom