New to DWC

• Thread starter FMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FMJ

FMJ

Changed the nutes today , following the same method as prescribed by aqua man..... pH@ 5.3 in each one. PPM is @ 520-530 range. Solution is about an inch above the bottom of the net. With the heat wave we are seeing, the solution gets used more , so it won't be long before it's below the net. Maybe a week....🤷‍♂️
Staked the big one out some , so the other limbs get more light. Seems to like it.... It hasn't complained yet....😁
My lights are now on at 7pm , off at 7am.... No lights during the heat of the day....😉
I'll start posting pics every two or three days, maybe every day, during this stage of growth... It's neat to see how much these things change in just short time , in my opinion....
Got some nuggs from Cali yesterday. Called White Runtz .... Pretty tasty..... Trying to arrange some fem seeds of it.....🥰 And Fruity Pebbles ..... 🥰🥰
Till next time my friends......

IMG 20200608 230713
IMG 20200608 230830
IMG 20200608 230835
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Changed the nutes today , following the same method as prescribed by aqua man..... pH@ 5.3 in each one. PPM is @ 520-530 range. Solution is about an inch above the bottom of the net. With the heat wave we are seeing, the solution gets used more , so it won't be long before it's below the net. Maybe a week....🤷‍♂️
Staked the big one out some , so the other limbs get more light. Seems to like it.... It hasn't complained yet....😁
My lights are now on at 7pm , off at 7am.... No lights during the heat of the day....😉
I'll start posting pics every two or three days, maybe every day, during this stage of growth... It's neat to see how much these things change in just short time , in my opinion....
Got some nuggs from Cali yesterday. Called White Runtz .... Pretty tasty..... Trying to arrange some fem seeds of it.....🥰 And Fruity Pebbles ..... 🥰🥰
Till next time my friends......
PH 5.6 is what i like and drift to 6.0 The 5.3 should not be an issue and should climb to 5.5 to 5.6 by the end of tomorrow

FMJ

FMJ

PH 5.6 is what i like and drift to 6.0 The 5.3 should not be an issue and should climb to 5.5 to 5.6 by the end of tomorrow
That's what I figured , so I left it at that . I know as the big one sucks up water the pH rises fast..... Getting the hang of this I think...... 😉 Thanks !

Roadblock

Roadblock

Dont know what your climate is like but if you have any substantial fluctuations in room temp the root zone will also fluctuate quickly which is no good at all, if you are going to continue with this system you need to insulate the buckets and pipe them together as said earlier.

Personally I would do away with the tubs and make one big tub connected by 2x 3inch pipes to a epi center tub ouside your room, dont use aerators use external pumps instead and just make a lot of splash in the grow tub at different points and also splash in the epi-center, pull water from the grow tank and have dump in your epi-center. I made this out of 2inch thick timber sleepers and pool liner with a Whiteboard lid that has net pot holes cut in it and it is the most stable system Ive ever ran, the grow chamber holds 200 gal and 50gal in the epi-center there is 9 plants in a 3mtr square and its like jurasic park.

Benefits , root zone has no restrictions and no small pipes to clog up and restrict flow, very stable constant root zone temp. very stable PH .

If you dont run a chiller run sterile, I run both and never have any root issues.

Good luck with finishing this one out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dont know what your climate is like but if you have any substantial fluctuations in room temp the root zone will also fluctuate quickly which is no good at all, if you are going to continue with this system you need to insulate the buckets and pipe them together as said earlier.

Personally I would do away with the tubs and make one big tub connected by 2x 3inch pipes to a epi center tub ouside your room, dont use aerators use external pumps instead and just make a lot of splash in the grow tub at different points and also splash in the epi-center, pull water from the grow tank and have dump in your epi-center. I made this out of 2inch thick timber sleepers and pool liner with a Whiteboard lid that has net pot holes cut in it and it is the most stable system Ive ever ran, the grow chamber holds 200 gal and 50gal in the epi-center there is 9 plants in a 3mtr square and its like jurasic park.

Benefits , root zone has no restrictions and no small pipes to clog up and restrict flow, very stable constant root zone temp. very stable PH .

If you dont run a chiller run sterile, I run both and never have any root issues.

Good luck with finishing this one out.
Sounds like a nice setup.

I used to run a heater and live system never had root issues either. Temps were low 70's. Found 72-73f the best for growth rates.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Next go round, or this if you can replace the buckets with buckets (square or round) that you can put feeder/drains in. This will allow you to have an outboard rez, which will simplify your life

hth

IMG 4878 2
IMG 4879 2
IMG 4881 2
FMJ

FMJ

Can't remember what all is in these pics as they upload... 😁 Big plant looking good. Little plant is starting to catch up....🙏 GOTTA get more light but haven't been able to . Will try this weekend, if my check is looking better...😁 (Fucking flu bs )
Few lower leaves dried out, but seems like I had this happen with my soil babies . Probably normal...
These pics are from 2 days ago. I'll take more tonight. Gonna TRY to do every 2 days....

IMG 20200615 225645
IMG 20200615 225641
IMG 20200615 225628
IMG 20200615 225548
IMG 20200615 225449
IMG 20200615 225439
FMJ

FMJ

What is going on ? ! ? My pH was at 4.8 ish.... Ppm at 360 for little one , and has no issues . Big one is at ppm of 480'ish . Has burned spots ? Leaves are curling and dying. HELP!!!! (Please)

IMG 20200616 234256
IMG 20200616 234305
IMG 20200616 234309
IMG 20200616 234317
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is going on ? ! ? My pH was at 4.8 ish.... Ppm at 360 for little one , and has no issues . Big one is at ppm of 480'ish . Has burned spots ? Leaves are curling and dying. HELP!!!! (Please)
Do you check ph and ppm daily? Never let ph go below 5.4 if ph is dropping there is an issue. I'm going to say let's see the roots.

Are you running any beneficial bacteria like hydrogaurd or great white?

Or sterile like h202?

When was the last res change. And exactly how are you doing it?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Definitely going to need a res change but let's figure the issue out

Reactions: FMJ
FMJ

FMJ

Yes , using beneficial germs ( hydroguard) as directed. Did not check pH yesterday ☹️ was busy with family.... I added 1.5ml of pH up a little bit ago cuz I figured it was the problem. They are both currently at 5.5 ..... Roots looks brownish again. Maybe add more germs and cal-mag ?
Was originally planning on changing res Friday after work. That would be 2 weeks since the switch. This is the root ball from big plant .

IMG 20200617 003516
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes , using beneficial germs ( hydroguard) as directed. Did not check pH yesterday ☹ was busy with family.... I added 1.5ml of pH up a little bit ago cuz I figured it was the problem. They are both currently at 5.5 ..... Roots looks brownish again. Maybe add more germs and cal-mag ?
Was originally planning on changing res Friday after work. That would be 2 weeks since the switch. This is the root ball from big plant .
Your roots look fantastic. That's just staining from the cal mag and a bit from air exposure

The ph and nutrient balance is your issue. I would do a res change asap.

You need to do them more frequently now. I can see that easily by the root system. You may even need more than once a week.

Top up daily and write it down. This is important.

Once you add back 3.5gallons of top up change the res completely fresh. As they get bigger it's going to be a lot of work and you will have to change it every 3 days even in late flower. But it's a must bro.

This is why RDWC is sooo much easier and stable. A lot more water to work with.

But your doing very well and those roots are beautiful 👍.

• Love
FMJ

FMJ

Damn , I had a feeling this was the wrong set up to buy...😁😁 Oh well I like a challenge.
So a res change that often ? I've only added 1.5 gallons since I made the batch , to each bucket. I guess I'll order a bunch more Tiger Bloom ...
When I change the res , I make fresh buckets , hold up the lid and roots (gloved hand) and rinse with RO.... Then transfer into new bucket . Is this correct?
With how my box is built , I think I'm going to modify this set up before next grow. I can add a couple 5 gallon buckets outside , that would keep the water level inside about the same. Then I can add a chiller , make changes easier and whatnot....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Damn , I had a feeling this was the wrong set up to buy...😁😁 Oh well I like a challenge.
So a res change that often ? I've only added 1.5 gallons since I made the batch , to each bucket. I guess I'll order a bunch more Tiger Bloom ...
When I change the res , I make fresh buckets , hold up the lid and roots (gloved hand) and rinse with RO.... Then transfer into new bucket . Is this correct?
With how my box is built , I think I'm going to modify this set up before next grow. I can add a couple 5 gallon buckets outside , that would keep the water level inside about the same. Then I can add a chiller , make changes easier and whatnot....
Just support the roots and transfer. No need to rinse them now. Only if you have a root infection.

I would do it atleast weekly. I'm surprised thats all you added? Are you measuring it?

threatco

threatco

Roots that big if they aren't drinking it's not a good sign

I would worry about pH shock with rinsing The Roots

Good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Roots that big if they aren't drinking it's not a good sign

I would worry about pH shock with rinsing The Roots

Good luck!
Absolutely. And now that you mentioned it the ph may be why they are not drinking that much. I would guess about 1/3-1/2 gal a day. Probably closer to 1/3 only because the lower lighting.

Great call man

FMJ

FMJ

Just support the roots and transfer. No need to rinse them now. Only if you have a root infection.

I would do it atleast weekly. I'm surprised thats all you added? Are you measuring it?
Yeah , I fill 2 1 gallon jugs with RO, one for each plant. I top of using their own, so I know who's using what.... I guess I should really start writing all this down if I'm gonna continue and expand my garden.
Thanks for the help. Don't think I would have gotten this far with out it.... 😁
@threatco , thanks.... Did not even think about pH shock from a rinse....☹️ Still learning....😁😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah , I fill 2 1 gallon jugs with RO, one for each plant. I top of using their own, so I know who's using what.... I guess I should really start writing all this down if I'm gonna continue and expand my garden.
Thanks for the help. Don't think I would have gotten this far with out it.... 😁
@threatco , thanks.... Did not even think about pH shock from a rinse....☹ Still learning....😁😁
You doing well bro. We are all still learning. If you make it to harvest and have something to smoke you made it further than many in DWC first time

• Haha
Top Bottom