New to group, could really use some help !

• Thread starter Mommabud62
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mommabud62

Hello, I'm an old timer but this new stuff has me kind of 🤪
I decided to try a different way of doing my drying and curing hoping for some nice firm nugs. I've dried in 65* Temps, give or take a few degrees, for 10 days. Had fans circulating 24/7.
Debudded and placed in Mason jars. Opened once a day first week, once a week second week, kept closed now for 10 days. I opened o`e jar this morning hoping for something nice and these buds look the same as they did the very first day. If someone could please help me with this I would sure appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving All !!

Ponky

Ponky

Hello, I'm an old timer but this new stuff has me kind of 🤪
I decided to try a different way of doing my drying and curing hoping for some nice firm nugs. I've dried in 65* Temps, give or take a few degrees, for 10 days. Had fans circulating 24/7.
Debudded and placed in Mason jars. Opened once a day first week, once a week second week, kept closed now for 10 days. I opened o`e jar this morning hoping for something nice and these buds look the same as they did the very first day. If someone could please help me with this I would sure appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving All !!
Moisture from the stem. Dry em out again. Seal again. Repeat until it's ready.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Spend the cash on humidity meters, they are for cigars and you can get a good digital one for around 20 bones online. I like to base my dry time upon the buds, lower temps and more humidity make for a longer dry time. Ten plus days doesn't scare me at all, actually low and slow is better imo....My method so far is cut branches, semi break them down and break down colas with chance to mold getting largest lumber out, allow to dry until buds crispy and stems crack but do not break off clean, then you can buck or not, but you break down all the buds off the stems and tub in SEALING tubs. Slap a meter in there, burp when its above 65, trim as soon as the consistency allows, prolly around a week or so of tub, when humidity is getting to the lower 60s. Back into tubs or jars for final cure getting humidity to around 58 via burping then long term jar or sealed storage.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Dump them out on a tray, let dry 24 hrs.
Then 12 hrs in the jar.
Do this until they feel right when you open the jar.
Then jar the bud and Burp the jars every day for a week. When your satisfied with the moisture content and how the buds feel.
Seal the jar for 90 days 120 is better. In the dark!

Beza

Beza

I put in double paper bag for 2 to 5 days and feel for crunchy dryness before jars. Then at first more time required when burping and may have to lay out like suggested for a day.

If jars begins to smell at all like dirty socks then take and lay out and wash jar clean again before putting bud back in. When small stem of bud dosen't bend but snaps then can smoke but still far from cured.

Each time the bud dries on the outside when put in jar it draws the moisture out of center back to the outer edge of bud and so on until cured. Slow cure can make your bud stronger and tastier but also most likely to mold. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
M

Mommabud62

Thank you very much for the replies. They come out to dry tonight for sure. I'll start from scratch. I'm also going to take more leaves off. Thanks again !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom