New to growing. help for a scrog stealth growbox?

• Thread starter dubsak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dubsak

dubsak

so this is pretty much my first time starting a grow op and i need some suggestions. My area is a 14 x 22 x 26 inch cabinet. I was planning on using 2 105W fluorescent lights. But as for the ventilation i need your insight! i was thinking about using pc fans but im not sure what kind to use and how to connect them to a wall outlet. also any info on a carbon filter and scrog growing techniques? any help would be great

DSC 0017
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

nice little cab my friend...go radio shack buy the pc fans..then go to goodwill and buy some dc converters..look on plug it will say was watts..more watts the faster the fan will move..just conect wire ends to one of these and Bam!!..as for odor control..that small cabnet just get youself an air freshner plugger in behind the cabnet..are you going to use milar? we need some replactive material on the walls..Millar is cheap and the stained cab would be tough to paint..maybe even some white paper..anyway hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

dubsak

dubsak

damn i didnt realize how easy the fan process was! and i actually bought some white poster board that im going to use to line the walls. should be enough i think. thanks alot for all the help. oh and also how fast should i be running these fans to efficiently ventilate the area?

hubcap

hubcap

oh and also how fast should i be running these fans to efficiently ventilate the area?

fast enough to exchange the volume of air in that little cabinet, at least, twice a minute. sounds like alot...but its really not.

2 or 3 lil pc fans should handle that just fine.
also, to extend the life of them its best to run them using correct rated voltage. while more voltage will speed them up, it also exceeds their intended 'range' if you will, and in turn, shortens its functional life time. (and makes em louder)

good luck and keep us posted.

-cap

dubsak

dubsak

Thanks for the input guys! Ive actually gotten a good deal of work done and its far different than my original plans. This is what ive got so far.. pics up soon enough..
150w HPS fixed to the ceiling of the cabinet, bubbleponics hydro system i made, two computer fans at 200mm and 167 CFM connected to an adjustable speed controller, and i just finished lining the inside with panda plastic. little worried about space... but this is a SCROG grow so we'll see how it goes

Top Bottom