new to growing, help with soil.

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

i am going to begin my first harvest soon and do not know what to use for soil. but before i decide on a soil im confused with acouple things.
first, if im using a soil mixture for my plants, can i add liquid nutrients such as big bud and bloom,etc to my water and water the soil with it or does my nutrients have to be in powder form, or to be more specific something i have to mix with the soil?

second, can i mix multipile nutrients together in the water such as piranna for root development and bloom for fast growing and water my plants as long as the ph is fine or no?

third, can i use nutrients in the flowering stage and mix it with say big bud?

now to the soil. after reading the threads i think im gunna go with plagron royalty mix. it says that its soo strong that i cant add any nutrients for 6to 7 weeks. but after that the flowering stage begins so do i need to add nutreints at that point anyways? should i or just go with the big bud or bud ignite until the plant is ready....

is plagron royalty good? and can i just mix liquid nutrients with the water that i use to water the plants? do you recommend any nutrients with this soil ?

G

greenops

Got me confused there.. in your first sentence i think u mean you're going to begin your first grow, not harvest right?

I'm no expert.. but i think i can help u a out a lil.

Your nutrient doesnt have to be in powder form. Maybe you were reading about organic soil, where they mix all kinds of nute ingredients in non-liquid form with the soil.

But since you're going with Plagron Royalty Mix.. yes this soil is being recommended in the grow shops where i live. I'm using the lighter Plagron Grow Mix though. Id use starter soil mix for the seedlings first, then transplant after 2 weeks in a bigger pot filled with the Plagron Royalty. There should be no need to feed them extra during veg as you know that soil is loaded.

I'm using Plagron Nute line as well, the Bloom and Green Sensation for better yield. I cant compare it with other brand tho.. but you should be good with other brands too.

Mixing hormones and nutes in the water should be fine.. at least thats what i do too. But dont get crazy and overdo stuff.

Yes u can and u should use nutes in the flowering stage. I would give a lil less than recommended dose bloom nute when u add stuff like big bud.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

ˆˆPretty much right. I wouldn't use the super strong soil to start, You'll burn your babies. Use the starter soil and then bump up to the stronger mix. You may not even need to use too much extra in the way of nutes or ferts. If you did use them I'd wait until the plants were in bloom then use sparingly. The soil is strong enough to probably keep your plants healthy even through the flowering process with just water. You don't wanna over do the ferts and nutes or you'll just end up killing your plants or reaping a poor harvest.

Edit: this comes from the description of Plagron Royalty Mix through hydroponics-hydroponics.com:"A complete harvest can run from start to finish without adding extra fertiliser: only watering is required! (Additives can of course always be used, but are not necessary for an outstanding result.)"

darkpink

darkpink

i suggest roots organic soil and yes you can use your liquid ferts with the soil. just the soil for a week or two then add nutes every other watering or so.

S

shibbyshawn

roots is good so is sunshine mix, you can add shit to it too like pearlite or similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom