new to growing hydroponics

• Thread starter annya2013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

annya2013

I have Mr Nice Seedbank - G13 x Widow seeds. I was wondering if anyone has grown these before? I have looked on this site, I haven't found and other posts about this strain. I bought the seeds threw the attitude this is the link...

I am running a hydroponics set up in a 3'x3'x6.5' grow tent (space is limited). I currently have 4 seeds starting, and they are about 15 days from when the seeds cracked and were planted in the rockwool. They are currently under 4, 6500k 35w cfls; on a 20/4 light cycle. I have the Flora nutrients and was running them at 1/4 strength for the 1st week, then went to full strength at 2 weeks. Although I believe I may have over done it, they have a little of what looks to be the beginning of nutrients burn, I changed the water after the 1st week although I have not gotten a chance to do it again since I do not have distiled water. Which brings up another question I have, what kind of water is the best to use in a hydro set up? I have only been running the system on distiled water and was wondering if there is another tried and true method that works? Buying the distiled water is killing me. I know that there has to be a cheaper way, I just haven't found it.

I guess to sum it all up I'm looking to see if anyone has any advice on this strain, or general grow tips for a new grower? And also what type of water to use in a hydroponics set up?

Any posts or even links to other threads is great. Thanks to everyone on here who replies!

S

smokestack23

I have no experience with that strain bu you seem to be on the right track

Personally I would run the lights 18/6.

You don't mention what type of hydro you're doing. Whatever it is, when plants are young give them WEAK nutrients (1/4 strength). When they're more mature and growing vigorously you can up the strength to like half. Very rarely do I ever get even close to full strength running RDWC.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

P.S. You'll get a lot more replies if you fill out the form hat asks ALL about how you're growing. The more info the better.

H

Highdrophilia27

I usually keep it 24/7, especially if using CFL cause they do not produce high temps really...

In terms of water, what I do is go to the hydro store and buy RO water. 50cents a gallon. But if you do that you have to make sure you buy CalMag for the plants. The cheapest rout would be to use tap water but it depends on how hard your tap water is.

Also do you have a PH or PPM meter?

Top Bottom