new to growing mmj grow op.need help.

• Thread starter shagfrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shagfrag

hey i'm new to growing and thcfarmer.i have a grow tent 4x4x6 with dwc stand alone 18 gls. with 400wt mh light. so far i have cns17 grow and bloom and liquid karma nutrients and i'm in my 3rd week of vege. what nutrients should i use and i really Want to get as much info as i can.also this is a mmj grow op. please respond asap thx for your time.if you would like pics please ask.
New to growing mmj grow opneed help

New to growing mmj grow opneed help 2
here are some pics of my setup

S

smokestack23

Well..depending on your medium and methods, just about any of the quality nutrients will give wicked results...GH, H&G, AN..

You're here asking questions so that's a good start. I'm not familiar with the nutes you mentioned so pretty much all I can add is..
Use the search button and read all you can here and at other sites/forums. This is an ever changing hobby and even the old pros learn something new all the time.

Continue the way you're going and you should be fine. The trick is to always keep low expectations so you won't be too disappointed..only happily surprised. Start slow like you are and continue to expand as you go. Knowledge is the best weapon..followed by feel and keeping it simple.

That formula works for a lot of people.

Good luck and PEACE!

H

Highdrophilia27

Any hydro grow and bloom nutes will work. Just make sure you keep track of the PH and PPM.

S

shagfrag

here are some pics.

IMG00157 20110415 1928

IMG00171 20110420 1537

IMG00186 20110423 2102

IMG00189 20110424 1321

IMG00191 20110424 1624

IMG00195 20110424 1626

IMG00199 20110425 2234

IMG00204 20110426 0850

please comment and give advice ask any questions i want to absorb all and any knowledge all i do all day is sit at home and play games,get medicated and now i want to occupy my time by growing my own meds.

what is in the pics is diamond og (2) platinum og (2) and a vanilla kush (1)
i know i should have stuck to just one strain but i'm a noob what can i say lol
IMG00208 20110426 1644

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
cns 17 is a good line to get your feet wet with - a few of the newb grower patients Im helping are using it with good results along with some mag-i-cal (cal/mag additive) which is extremely important in dwc if your using filtered water or growing og type strains

I really like botanicare products with the exception of cal/mag - to me its very harsh, inconsistent and sometimes doesn't play nice with other nutrients

being in dwc it wont hurt to get yourself some aquashield to keep things clean and healthy

S

shagfrag

so all i need is a an additive that gives it cal/mag can you suggest any good ones.anything else i might need other then the cal/mag and aquashield?what about silica blast.and i'm using tap water at the moment i was going to switch the water asap tryin to get them in a smaller dwc setup so be easier on res. changes.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when I first posted your pics werent showing up

that pic of the roots is not good - those should be nice white roots

what is your water temp? those might be a lost casue if they all look like that and you cant keep you water temps under 70

honestly youd be better off with coco or something if you cant hit the 66-70 water temp target

hiboy

hiboy

Good eye m lode. Saw those dark strands also. Is it too late for zone when they are that far gone. Im still running tables so im unsure about that one.

hiboy

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
tough to say - I never had to fight the rot in my UC

maybe some hydrofungacide or even some physan 20

the rot could be caused by overfeeding, light getting into the res or temp or all of the above

dwc is not the most forgiving - let me rephrase that

dwc is the least forgiving way to grow

H

Highdrophilia27

Sometimes the nutrients stain the roots and looks like root rot. Are the nutrients dark brown?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry but that is clearly not stain

roots clumped together covered in slimy greenish brown with bits of white poking out

if they were stained they would be colored consistently

IMG00204 20110426 0850
S

shagfrag

yeah but when i rinse the roots with water they look fine they look white i thinks its the nutes getting on them and highdrophilia yes the liquid karma is dark brown but i read that you can use it on the leaves is that better to do cuz if so ill do my regular week flush tmrw and cut it out.

S

shagfrag

oh forgot i have a res heater set at 68 so i'm guessing that my temp lol

S

shagfrag

roots look good

heres a pic of todays roots look way better i think i was just freaking out lol.
IMG00213 20110427 1833

IMG00214 20110427 1834
also whats going down here i'm doing LST on the one platinum og and i cracked the stack is that bad.

hiboy

hiboy

Yah def. brown.
Im scared to start my UC now. I can see myself looking at brownish in the future. My top fed tables are producing so well now. Figure a run or two will be disappointing.
hiboy

S

smokestack23

Woah photos now.

Yeah you got some serious root issues. You gotta keep your tote covered so NO light gets in. Use that silver insulation or aluminum tape.
You do NOT need a res HEATER...well...unless your temps are really really low.
You do have airstones in there right?

How do your roots smell? If like nothing then you probably have brown algae. You'll need beneficial bacteria and fungii to get rid of that. I can't remember if Physan works on brown algae.

The thing with the brown algae is that it doesnt need light and will grow in well aerated solutions.
Keep your temps low and DON'T use organic anything in your res. DO get some DM Zone and SM-90.

S

shagfrag

naw everybody roots are fine dudes i have a pic from yesterday there nice and whit.also doing a res change and dropping them in to smaller totes.5 gallons to be exact.i have to 2 12 in airstones but no water pump to agitate it.

M

Mmmmasonite

naw everybody roots are fine dudes i have a pic from yesterday there nice and whit.also doing a res change and dropping them in to smaller totes.5 gallons to be exact.i have to 2 12 in airstones but no water to agitate it.

Use Roots Excelurator for dwc....It protects from, and cures root rot.....Plus you will see some of the craziest root growth you will ever see. CNS 17 is a good, cheap, and easy to use base nute. You got the Karma ....That's good....Adding the Calmag....Good....Now for an enzyme that eats away at the dead shit on ur roots. You can use Multizen, Hygrozyme, or Sensizyme. Maybe some Dripclean to stop salt build up in the medium.....and......If you really wanna get crazy, naturally control the ph using Silica blast for up and Mad Farmer's N.U.T.S. (Fulvic Acid) for down. Silica will also strengthen the plant. The fulvic acid will also break down existing nutes in the rez making them more readily available to the plant. ...................Good Luck

H

Highdrophilia27

naw everybody roots are fine dudes i have a pic from yesterday there nice and whit.also doing a res change and dropping them in to smaller totes.5 gallons to be exact.i have to 2 12 in airstones but no water pump to agitate it.

Keep using the liquid karma. I've heard it is really good!

Top Bottom