new to growing mmj grow op.need help.

• Thread starter shagfrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NorCalGonja88

when I first posted your pics werent showing up

that pic of the roots is not good - those should be nice white roots

what is your water temp? those might be a lost casue if they all look like that and you cant keep you water temps under 70

honestly youd be better off with coco or something if you cant hit the 66-70 water temp target

This happened to me almost on the exact type of set up, it was a mixture of water temp, and ph levels. What happened to us was algae was absorbing all the nutes depriving our plants from them. The algae is caused by to warm of water temp and a little of the ph levels. What I did (cause i couldnt afford a water chiller) I froze water bottles and put them in the res ever couple hours it lowerd the temp to about 68 which i was told algae has a difficult time growing in anything colder than 70 degrees. Also the ph is very important as not only does it determine how much nute uptake the plants are allowed it also can combat against algae because PH is the measure of how acidic or alkaline the water is. It also could be as someone below said it could be your nutes staind the roots. I would also lower your light as your plants will stretch like crazy to get to the light. hoped that helped a little also when you go to change your res out clean it really well not with soap but with water make sure you get off all the salt build up from your nutes.

S

shagfrag

Dont bug me spray

hey just but some don't bug me spray any suggestions on how too use it most effectively. can i use some in my res or would that be plain stupid.

S

smokestack23

I dont know what that stuff is or how to use it. No directions on it?

You'll find the correct mixing instructions for H2O2 and/or bleach with some searches here.

Personally I wouldn't run either in my res. I have nothing against either of them for cleaning my systems and rooms and I'm not saying that either of them would be BAD for your plants..I just prefer DM Zone and SM90.

A litre of either (Zone or SM-90) is gonna be less than $25. You use the Zone at a rate of about 2ml per 5 gallons of water/nutes. That's peanuts and it'll last a LONG time.

Don't quote me on this but I don't know if Zone or SM-90 will actually get RID of brown algae. They will deter or totally prevent it from happening in the first place though.
If you have brown algae (and that might not even be what you have) I "think" you might have to use benes to actually get rid of it. I could be wrong though...but...that's why I keep the Great White and EWC on stand-by.

Since my reses are well aerated, relatively cool, dark, and sterile I haven't had any rootzone problems and (fingers crossed) won't...but...just in CASE...the GW and EWC are ready.

S

smokestack23

Oh AND...cover/wrap your totes in lightproof material.
And lower your light I say.

S

shagfrag

smokestack i no longer have brown algea my res is fine i'm talkin about bugs on my leafs eating at the the dont bug me spray has prythierum in it so it will kill flying insects and other bugs.

B

bigloudvtwin

Light is getting in.

Dude I use those grey totes and they DO let light in. I wrapped mine in mylar and covered the top with the same. Also I covered the cups with it with a hole for the stem to keep algea from growing on top of the clay pellets and rockwool or peat plugs that the clones came in. Good luck

S

shagfrag

so far its been a month 2 weeks 3 days for my babies to vege. also finding out my diamond og is actually tahoe og. other then that looking healthy and bushy.
most the problems are gone about to add a chernobyl and popped off 3 white widows and a blue dragon so yippie hahaha.

IMG00285 20110530 1920

Top Bottom