new to growing need help/ advise

• Thread starter floridagrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

floridagrower

ok, well to expand on title, i am an avid pot smoker. i love smoking the best bud and it seems its the only thing that can hold my attention. I have done a few weeks worth of research and i am trying to learn everything i can about growing before i actually start. For the most part i am doing ok but im hoping you all can help me perfect my passion =).

To start i need help with just about everything. My 1st op will be rather small. i only want about 5-10 plants. For this i was thinking about ak47x lowryder #2. from what i read its 7-9 weeks seed to harvest if done right. what i want to do for this is get one 400w hps light and set it up in my closet. but i dont know what would be easier to start with, hydro or soil? also how much would a small op cost to start? would i need to run to many wires around? can i just blow a fan on the plants or does it need proper ventilation for a small amount? or will a fan on it at all times be fine?

next, for my long term goal i want to eventually master this craft and become a caregiver or open my own head shop/ med mmj store in SF, CA or somewhere in CO. If i did have a green thumb and wanted to pursue a career in this how do i start? (question for people who are currently doing this). Where could i find start up cash for such a major op? Do growers ever take an apprentice?

This plant imo is one of the underground dragons in this world. I honestly believe it can solve many problems and wont do much harm (other than horrible shits after the munchies). With it we can eliminate the countries money problem, take out illegal drug cartels, cure many medical issues. It is something i see myself being motivated and happy to do everyday. Growing, if at all possible, is a dream.

i really dont mean to sound like a noob and sorry if this is a repeat thread, im just new here and wanted my own thread ^.^.

p.s any info at all for a beginner would be nice, i joined this site because after reading many threads i saw you all are a nice group of people. i was hoping someone would have the time to help me out, and if at all possible, point me in the right direction as to how i can start up my own business. im willing to put in alot of time and hopefully gain this communities respect.

Thanks for your time,
FG

J

jvotta420

hey bro i have 5 little babies that are currently in there 1st week of veg just some seeds that i got out of a good back have them under 2- 6ft cfl and i have a 150 watt hps that i use to grow i bought it from greenspirithydro.com for you ventilation i just use a simple fan to blow my babies that all i need, and soil would definitely be the easiest to start out would although hydroponics would decrease the time it takes and increase yields if you were to grow hydro do some research on how to make your own system from buying supplies at lowes you can find many good videos from green man on youtube. im going to start mine when i move into my new apartment in august.:banana1sv6:

F

floridagrower

is 150w enough for a small amount? i know if they dont have enough sun it wont be worth my efforts i just dont want to grow shwag. i want to get some nice dank shit but in small amounts.

F

frogeye

get 1 400 hps,ditch the idea about lowrider.get some good seeds from here at the farm u have so many to choose from.the ko kush from sannies seeds seem to have ur name all over it,great stuff and even greater price. go to barnes and nobles and get urself a grow book or wherever u can find 1.and read it and follow instructions.u want soil period,this is ur first time and obviously no 1 with exp is helping u so keep it simple.good soil and fox farm nutes.best advice i can give u as a noob is keep it simpleeeee.dont try and be an expert overnight u only end up disapointed by the end product.by ur 2nd run ull have a little mo confidence to maybe try hydro but for now soil with simple fox farm nutes only at 50% of recommended strength and post pics as u go on here,many experienced growers on here will help u if they know u really want the help.the forums on here have all the info ull ever need to be a sucessful grower.look at them take notes they r ur friend lol.2nd part is keep quiet about fight club or u will be joining fight club unexpectedly.good luck peace

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Yeah I say start out with just a few little plants. Better to mess up a couple then a whole crop. Start out with a nice three part nutrient package..grow micro bloom. I use fox farm with great resutls. Also..especially for a first time..SO WITH SOIL OR SOILESS ANWAY. sOIL IS SO MUCH MORE FORGIVING THAN HYDRO SO BEING YOUR FIRST TIME KEEP IT SIMPLE. i USE PROMIX and enjoy the results that I get. As for lights. A 400 is good, but it's going to put off some heat. If their is anyway you can get an extraction fan, I would go with an air-cooled 400 w. Hope I didn't miss any of your questions!

F

floridagrower

ok, so ive been doing some research. ive decided i want a hydro system. this is what im going to be getting, tell me what you think;

hydro pump system;

light (its a 400w mh/hps dual system)

the tent will most likely be this one;

now this is where i have a problem. can anyone link me an entire list of nutrience i will need? and also am i going to need anything for the air in the tent? if so please help with links.

thanks for the time,
FG

buffbuds

buffbuds

If you were looking for advice........ I gotta tell you, (so you never run into trouble), I, and every other resident grower I know do our best to undermine the annoying money grubbers from Florida who have been moving to CO like mad this year. I hate you guys soooo much I can't describe it. Like, you are moving here to make money, with no regard for following laws. All the kids I've seen are ex-cocaine dealer's children, with unlimited funds, trying to retire in 3 years, thats ALL... I moved here for the climate, skiing, hiking, attitudes and school. You don't care for the politics of the state, aren't going to be doing any good to the movement, as far as expanding the availability, decreasing the price, and making it more socially acceptable. We all feel like your moving here is an attack on us. If it keeps up, the state is going to put an end to marijuana production, and that ruins my life. There is another bill slated for a vote this year saying you must be a resident for 2 years before you can be a patient or caregiver (thanks to anti marijuana legislators actually) so, good luck with that. Stay in Florida and keep doing it illegal. Oh, also, CA is so saturated, I knew 3 growers who each tried to move to CA after getting successful in CO, they said the reception was so cold they felt threatened just being there. All moved back, and kept doing their thing here... and these were very experienced legal growers mind you.. You are kinda too late to move into CO or CA, it's saturated, even with most of the decade worth of experience, I am struggling, and this is a full time job. If you want legal weed growing rights.... TALK TO YOUR LEGISLATORS and do it yourself there. (but, if you do stay there, I'd be happy to tell youe verything about how I do it, because you won't be competeing with me, and ruing my income)

buffbuds

buffbuds

Read the FAQ before you start asking questions. If you're too lazy to read that, you are probably gonna be too lazy to take care of your plants. As the founder of THSeeds said the other night, if you've decided to grow, you have decided to dedicate yourself to a 24 hour responsability, and you'll never go on "vacation" again.

F

floridagrower

well i dont know if im to high or if you really sound like this much of a douche. you dont know shit about me my beliefs or my ways of business. for you to stereo type florida growers is offensive. i know growers who put in as much work into their plants as a doctor would to a patient. im talking family guys who are a part of the community. maybe you got the zoe gang out there. the greedy bastards from miami that care less about our life than a bug. the same way you like your laid back life style i do as well. im not a gang member or into any illegal activities. (besides the obvious). I have always ran my business in a weed not greed style. i believe the plant has great medicinal purposes. i know people who smoked it to help with depression. i know people who were addicted to pills because of back pain, they started smoking and their pain has not bothered them since, no pills. i think this is a product that could solve alot of problems in the states from our countries debt, eliminate drug cartels, and make the sick better. not everyone from florida is out to take over CO, many people, like me, are just someone who wants to make an honest living around a product they respect. not there to rob anyone or take any business, but what makes you any better to live there than me? i think its fair if i want to try and make my mark in this business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom