jdog22

jdog22

600w MH
aircooled hood
vent system with 6inch exhaust
70% coco coir 30% perlite mixed myself
lights 18/6
space between plants and light 30cm

i think i covered everything with all those specs out the way, im using a 3 part nute with cal/ma and monosilicic acid. following back label instructions, fert 2twice a week, water each day.
i dont believe i have under nute issue's i could have a N toxicity though now just feeding her water for abit. they are 4 weeks old but im noticeing the branches are almost flopping down spacing apart seen in the pictures, 3 pic = 3 weeks
did i do something wrong? how do they look? what could i do better? did i top to early ? also can anyone tell me should i need to repot these in the next 2 weeks ?

i have an AC pointed towards them as the temps get way to high so they are a steady 23C now

can provide any info i missed

New to growing please help
New to growing please help 2
New to growing please help 3
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looks like you’re off to a good start. Welcome. 12 inches sounds a little close with the light but I am no indoor grower so wait until someone else pipes up.

jdog22

jdog22

Looks like you’re off to a good start. Welcome. 12 inches sounds a little close with the light but I am no indoor grower so wait until someone else pipes up.
super speedy reply thanks :)
ive only just lowered the light since i can keep the temps nice and low. day temps 23 - night temps 20, ive dropped the light since yesterday and they seem to be drying up alot better i was experiencing them staying wet for 2-3 days, also everything on google is saying fert every watering ? ive just essed up as ive seen them become darker and tips were starting to curl downwards.

i think i may need more than what i currently have for ferts as the plants go further in life.
these are also reg seeds and nothing special just something a friend gave me.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on! Just read the plants. It just sounded a little close. But they look good.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

i think i covered everything with all those specs out the way, im using a 3 part nute with cal/ma and monosilicic acid. following back label instructions, fert 2twice a week, water each day.
i dont believe i have under nute issue's i could have a N toxicity though now just feeding her water for abit. they are 4 weeks old but im noticeing the branches are almost flopping down spacing apart seen in the pictures, 3 pic = 3 weeks
did i do something wrong? how do they look? what could i do better? did i top to early ? also can anyone tell me should i need to repot these in the next 2 weeks ?

i have an AC pointed towards them as the temps get way to high so they are a steady 23C now

can provide any info i missed

When you have a nutes issue it's typically burnt tips on the leaves that show up first. As plants get older they have more obvious issues but your plants aren't spotty with curling leaves so I suspect they like what they're getting now. The "flopping down" can happen at the end of the day but in the morning they're back up and praying to the sky. This still describes a healthy plant.

Did you top too early? It depends on the shape of plant you want in the tent and the type of seeds you are growing. There is no info on what type of plant you are growing. Most people don't top autos. I didn't notice a size of tent you are trying to grow in or a number of plants in there. I have a 4x4 tent and 2 plants mostly fill it the way I grow. 3 plants would be pushing it. I grow regular seed though so with males possible I'll grow more plants and lose the males when they show up. The worst I've ever had is 3 out of 3 males. I've also gotten all females. If the plants are started from clones or feminized seed you should have all females. Depending on how much tent and how many plants you have you probably want to lay off the topping and lst. The plants get A LOT bigger as they grow.

I suspect some plants will be ready to repot within 2 weeks and some will be okay in the pots they are in.

You're doing the most important thing (which we are all doing), getting some experience. Best wishes on your grow.

DSC01949a

jdog22

jdog22

When you have a nutes issue it's typically burnt tips on the leaves that show up first. As plants get older they have more obvious issues but your plants aren't spotty with curling leaves so I suspect they like what they're getting now. The "flopping down" can happen at the end of the day but in the morning they're back up and praying to the sky. This still describes a healthy plant.

Did you top too early? It depends on the shape of plant you want in the tent and the type of seeds you are growing. There is no info on what type of plant you are growing. Most people don't top autos. I didn't notice a size of tent you are trying to grow in or a number of plants in there. I have a 4x4 tent and 2 plants mostly fill it the way I grow. 3 plants would be pushing it. I grow regular seed though so with males possible I'll grow more plants and lose the males when they show up. The worst I've ever had is 3 out of 3 males. I've also gotten all females. If the plants are started from clones or feminized seed you should have all females. Depending on how much tent and how many plants you have you probably want to lay off the topping and lst. The plants get A LOT bigger as they grow.

I suspect some plants will be ready to repot within 2 weeks and some will be okay in the pots they are in.

You're doing the most important thing (which we are all doing), getting some experience. Best wishes on your grow.

View attachment 2018463
im currently using a 80cm x 80cm but will flower in a 120cm x 120cm i have 8 plants and im hoping for 4 fems from these reg's which ill let get 2ft before i turn them im after them to all split nice and early for topping. so i can spread the colas out later. im still curious weather to add bio deisel guano and bio deisel ryhino K can i use these with all my ferts now ? thank you for your knowledge!! your plants look amazing. is there any root stimulates that would be a good idea to add?

B

Bdubs

I like to suggest to new soil growers to keep it simple. Focus your nutes and light. Find out what works and stick to it. Adding soil supplements makes your feed mix needing to change. Do not adjust all the time or the plants will not like it.
To succeed you must find what works and stick to it. Same feed mix, same soil components, same lighting. The less you adjust through the process the more they will like you. Be nice to them and give them consistency.
Find the limits if you must, read the plant and only adjust accordingly. Gotta keep it chill and try not to chase yourself by changing things to try and make things better. They will acclimate to their environment, just dont change those components or they won’t acclimate and you’ll chase all grow.

jdog22

jdog22

I like to suggest to new soil growers to keep it simple. Focus your nutes and light. Find out what works and stick to it. Adding soil supplements makes your feed mix needing to change. Do not adjust all the time or the plants will not like it.
To succeed you must find what works and stick to it. Same feed mix, same soil components, same lighting. The less you adjust through the process the more they will like you. Be nice to them and give them consistency.
Find the limits if you must, read the plant and only adjust accordingly. Gotta keep it chill and try not to chase yourself by changing things to try and make things better. They will acclimate to their environment, just dont change those components or they won’t acclimate and you’ll chase all grow.
love this comment man <3 clearly youve done some grows! ive usually grown in soil/coco coir/perlite but this time ive decided to try coco coir/perlite without the soil. from what i read online im ment to fert during every watering is this right ? first signs i saw my plant understress i took away the daily feedings. in the first picture they were almost that size for about a month very stunted growth. adjusted everything where it needs to be so far seem happy i was a little worried about how low my branches seemed to be laying but i think it will look pretty good once they flower. will defs keep you guys posted on how they are tending :D thank you

B

Bdubs

love this comment man <3 clearly youve done some grows! ive usually grown in soil/coco coir/perlite but this time ive decided to try coco coir/perlite without the soil. from what i read online im ment to fert during every watering is this right ? first signs i saw my plant understress i took away the daily feedings. in the first picture they were almost that size for about a month very stunted growth. adjusted everything where it needs to be so far seem happy i was a little worried about how low my branches seemed to be laying but i think it will look pretty good once they flower. will defs keep you guys posted on how they are tending :D thank you
If they are “bubbling” on the leaves, overwatering. Stunted growth, check roots, do they have enough room or bottoming out. If you start growing only 3 leaf new growth, you have some pest/mold/root rot issues, it is an indication of a major stress. Once they choose to grow 3 leafs, they may not want to grow more fingers going forward. If in doubt, run 80temps/60 humidity until flower, taper those numbers down appropriately for flower.

I honestly have done one run. But I’ve killed/hermed many many before I started my journeys.

I don’t have soil experience as I find it more complex. If you are not an avid “farmer” or green thumb with other plants, soil will take you by storm. I do read a lot and most issues have come from individuals working with complex soil mixtures and guessing what nutrients work with what the soil already has plenty of. I can’t even go into detail how complicated some soil growers make it for themselves.

jdog22

jdog22

If they are “bubbling” on the leaves, overwatering. Stunted growth, check roots, do they have enough room or bottoming out. If you start growing only 3 leaf new growth, you have some pest/mold/root rot issues, it is an indication of a major stress. Once they choose to grow 3 leafs, they may not want to grow more fingers going forward. If in doubt, run 80temps/60 humidity until flower, taper those numbers down appropriately for flower.

I honestly have done one run. But I’ve killed/hermed many many before I started my journeys.

I don’t have soil experience as I find it more complex. If you are not an avid “farmer” or green thumb with other plants, soil will take you by storm. I do read a lot and most issues have come from individuals working with complex soil mixtures and guessing what nutrients work with what the soil already has plenty of. I can’t even go into detail how complicated some soil growers make it for themselves.
yeah i was having an over watering issue but rectified it fairly quick, actrully lowering the light and increasing airflow made it possible to water on a daily basis. i do enjoy soil, though soil comes with ferts in it which can damage the seedling so young and fresh, like you said people make it way to complex. i love the fact coco has no nutes at all and i get to controll it all. did some mega research prior to the grow so i think i have the basic's down but trail and error until i make the god bless merry jane of jane's haha

B

Bdubs

I keep looking and we need to remember that the root growth equals top growth. Even if you cut leafs, those roots that grew with the creation of those past leaves are still working and growing. Those plants look like they want out of the pots and put into bigger ones. Their growth looks good enough to need a bigger pot. I bet if you tipped one upside down, the roots are starting to lock at the bottom. I have a 6 week veg mainline/manifold and she has consumed all space for a 6” block x4” height. The plant would be 2x the size of yours had I not chopped leaves for the mainline process. They will stunt growing if their roots can’t go anywhere new. Too much humidity can cause them to stunt as well. Hence my suggestion of 60 humidity. Temps over 80 are not required for veg and make things more complicated when you do. They like the high temps to grow fast but be ready to make those moves fast too (upgrading their pots). Root growth matches top growth.

jdog22

jdog22

do you know if coco coir needs fert every watering ? im not sure im reading the right info online about it all

jdog22

jdog22

I keep looking and we need to remember that the root growth equals top growth. Even if you cut leafs, those roots that grew with the creation of those past leaves are still working and growing. Those plants look like they want out of the pots and put into bigger ones. Their growth looks good enough to need a bigger pot. I bet if you tipped one upside down, the roots are starting to lock at the bottom. I have a 6 week veg mainline/manifold and she has consumed all space for a 6” block x4” height. The plant would be 2x the size of yours had I not chopped leaves for the mainline process. They will stunt growing if their roots can’t go anywhere new. Too much humidity can cause them to stunt as well. Hence my suggestion of 60 humidity. Temps over 80 are not required for veg and make things more complicated when you do. They like the high temps to grow fast but be ready to make those moves fast too (upgrading their pots). Root growth matches top growth.
lucky i live in aus, low humidity and high temps :P i have to use an ac to cool them and have their day time during my night time, again lucky i have blackout curtins, i will be sure to move them to their next pots tomorrow. this will be their 2nd last pot. final pots are beautiful air pots 5gal

im actrully fairly shocked how fast these plants are growing! i use mono silicic acid which in a easy way promotes growth

B

Bdubs

i have no clue. I know you can use fees every watering. But that you may want to just water every 2-3 days by reading your soil. If the spill doesn’t need water don’t give it to them. Even if it’s 4 days before the next watering. So if using fertilizers every time, allow for time for the soil to dry up a bit, but never let it dry too much and create dry spots. When you water with straight water, you wash your nutrients out. If you want to be specific and know what your soil nutrient levels are, let it run off on a feed and measure the PPM/EC of that runoff to determine if your nutrients in your feed are accumulating within the soil. Because the soil will retain nutrients as deposits and ever increase your PPM even if you keep the PPM of feed water the same every time.

B

Bdubs

Same goes for PH of the feed water, the run off can tell you if you are accumulating acid deposits and as you feed 6.0 it could rise to 7 and you’d never know until they crumble and crisp their leaves.

jdog22

jdog22

also i just checked and i can see the start of a root where the water drains. so ill repot them tomorrow thank you :)

jdog22

jdog22

Same goes for PH of the feed water, the run off can tell you if you are accumulating acid deposits and as you feed 6.0 it could rise to 7 and you’d never know until they crumble and crisp their leaves.
at the moment im using ph perfect 3part nute where apprently it locks its PH, i have checked the ph and it says 6.2 - 6.5 after added to water. should i check the drainage water ph ?

B

Bdubs

If you see Nitrogen deficiency, or yellowing of the leaves, your Ph may be below the threshold for the plant to absorb it properly. Which I believe is 5.4 and above 7 when Nitrogen slows uptake by the plant. Or you need some more Nitrogen, which tends to be your main base feed fert.

Top Bottom