New to growing

• Thread starter karleon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

karleon

Hello forums. I am new to the growing idea. Well i tried a closet grow a year or so ago and got impatient so i quit. Now i want to try it again (the correct way).

I have been searching all the marijuana forums that i can find and doing my best to do all the research i can before i start. I am not going to rush this grow. Would like to make sure everything is best as i can get it. Anyways, before i dive in i had a few small questions before i decided to get started.

First of all... Anyone on here have a nice reliable seedbank that they have ordered from? I am thinking about getting some feminized seeds to start with. Just so i don't have to go through the hassle of weeding out the males. I live in the U.S. Would prefer not to purchase anything international.

Secondly.. I was planning on doing my grow in the attic instead of the closet like my last grow. At first i had the closet space but now that my g/f has moved in with me its just clothes and shoes everywhere. Anyways, i noticed my attic gets very very humid. I was up there measuring it trying to figure out how much space i had to work with and i was sweating pretty bad with only being up there 10min at the most. Now i know at night and mornings its rather pleasant. Its just when the sun is out. I was wondering would 2-3 box fans do the job? or would i have to do more. I dont want to spend alot of money trying to make the attic cool. Would like to get away with the bare basics when it comes to ventilation.

My attic is fairly small. I can stand up all the way in it. and it has the triangular shape to it. The most useable area is in the middle. I did some measuring and these are my figures...

I have about 41-42inches in height to work with. (I could probably squeeze a little bit more but then i start running into wood beams. Plus i figured i should leave that space for the light.

I can go probably 76inches wide if need to be. And i can come out about 52inches. I am sure my plants will have to be fairly small in height. But does this sound like enough room for a decent grow? Most importantly... About how many plants do you think i can fit in this area for growth. Im thinking about getting a 600W light to use. (i know i probably would not need the full 76inches or 52inches....but it is there if i need it.

I might also start another grow on the other side of the attic. Pretty much the same measurements. (40inches in height, 76inches in width, but i can only come out about 28inches deep)

I would like to keep growing all year around. So any help with these questions would be much appreciated.

Note: I will be posting this to every marijuana forum i come across. So for the members that are also members of other forums I apologize in advance if you are tired of seeing the same message on every forum. Just trying to get a wide range of help. Thanks alot ladies and gents.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello forums. I am new to the growing idea. Well i tried a closet grow a year or so ago and got impatient so i quit. Now i want to try it again (the correct way).

I have been searching all the marijuana forums that i can find and doing my best to do all the research i can before i start. I am not going to rush this grow. Would like to make sure everything is best as i can get it. Anyways, before i dive in i had a few small questions before i decided to get started.

First of all... Anyone on here have a nice reliable seedbank that they have ordered from? I am thinking about getting some feminized seeds to start with. Just so i don't have to go through the hassle of weeding out the males. I live in the U.S. Would prefer not to purchase anything international.

Secondly.. I was planning on doing my grow in the attic instead of the closet like my last grow. At first i had the closet space but now that my g/f has moved in with me its just clothes and shoes everywhere. Anyways, i noticed my attic gets very very humid. I was up there measuring it trying to figure out how much space i had to work with and i was sweating pretty bad with only being up there 10min at the most. Now i know at night and mornings its rather pleasant. Its just when the sun is out. I was wondering would 2-3 box fans do the job? or would i have to do more. I dont want to spend alot of money trying to make the attic cool. Would like to get away with the bare basics when it comes to ventilation.

My attic is fairly small. I can stand up all the way in it. and it has the triangular shape to it. The most useable area is in the middle. I did some measuring and these are my figures...

I have about 41-42inches in height to work with. (I could probably squeeze a little bit more but then i start running into wood beams. Plus i figured i should leave that space for the light.

I can go probably 76inches wide if need to be. And i can come out about 52inches. I am sure my plants will have to be fairly small in height. But does this sound like enough room for a decent grow? Most importantly... About how many plants do you think i can fit in this area for growth. Im thinking about getting a 600W light to use. (i know i probably would not need the full 76inches or 52inches....but it is there if i need it.

I might also start another grow on the other side of the attic. Pretty much the same measurements. (40inches in height, 76inches in width, but i can only come out about 28inches deep)

I would like to keep growing all year around. So any help with these questions would be much appreciated.

Note: I will be posting this to every marijuana forum i come across. So for the members that are also members of other forums I apologize in advance if you are tired of seeing the same message on every forum. Just trying to get a wide range of help. Thanks alot ladies and gents.

I can address ur attic issues. Your attic w/o a/c cooling will run 25-30F warmer than outside at peak of day when sun is out. It also takes a long time to cool down after heating up. Depending on ur outdoor temps a gable fan maybe ur answer if you have gables on both ends of attic. One for fan and one to draw cooler outside air in thru. That installs in gable and can be put on a thermostat to run when attic is above say 75F or so. The best it will do is cool ur attic down to 5-10F above outside air. So plug in ur outside air temps and see if it works for you. Typically if ur outside is 85F or above it won't work IMO. I am a professional a/c tech and installer.

hubcap

hubcap

if you dont find anything you need, here, at the farm, as far as seedstock, send me a PM and I can share some other reputable places, as well.

without going TOO in depth about attic grows....
i just wanna say, INSULATE, and, cool/ventilate.
in winter....the warm grow room and melt snow on the roof, and in summer, attic temps can, literally soar. good insulation and cooling/ventilation is absolutely KEY.

you stand out like a sore thumb when every house in the neighborhood has snow on their whole roof but yours, dig? and, yes, people have been caught this way. like it or not....legal or not.

anyways.....

what kinda strain did ya have in mind?
generally, i steer people away from fem stock. but thats just the purist in me talking. nothing wrong with guaranteeing yourself some smoke. i just wouldnt think about making any seedstock for the masses with em.

-cap

Top Bottom