New To Growing

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

hey guys so I just planted the seed last week and I was just wondering if it's looking like it should. My first plant was not good at all so I want to make sure everything is correct. I am usin ecoscraps soil with 2 23cfl lights. I have a small fan on slow and a humidifier on low. It's on 18-6 lighting. I water it once or twice a week but little water but enough to keep it growing. How is it looking so far?
New to growing
New to growing 2

Mari420

Mari420

Looks good. But that soil looks way too woody to be a great long term cannabis meduim. Might want to look into some grow diarys and research a better soil type.
Best of luck. Peace
How do you find the good medium? I know online but I can't do that right now. And my state isn't a legal growing state so the stores (Walmart, lowes, and Home Depot) don't sell fox farm. I've been researching good soil and I've found that ecoscraps will work, Miracle gro can work (if used very carefully), and black gold coco blend soil will work.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

How do you find the good medium? I know online but I can't do that right now. And my state isn't a legal growing state so the stores (Walmart, lowes, and Home Depot) don't sell fox farm. I've been researching good soil and I've found that ecoscraps will work, Miracle gro can work (if used very carefully), and black gold coco blend soil will work.
Local pet stores sell blocks of coco husk that is used for reptile bedding. I have used it and it works in a pinch but you need to use lots of calmag because it isnt buffered. Amazon sells nutes, lots of garden stores have discreet shipping, just google discreet shipping hydro.

The pet store coco comes pre loaded with beneficial mite eggs, recyclers and predators, dont freak out if you see them scurrying along the pot.

H

hawkman

like mentioned 2-5 inches from top of plant 2 inches work well in seedling stage - no heat burn !!!!!

Mari420

Mari420

like mentioned 2-5 inches from top of plant 2 inches work well in seedling stage - no heat burn !!!!!
I know you guys are more active growingers but with moving it up that much , my only worry is that the seedling doesn't get enough light. I mean it's CFL lights and they don't work well far away. I haven't felt any heat close to the plant. Would maybe 3 inches away work?

Mari420

Mari420

Local pet stores sell blocks of coco husk that is used for reptile bedding. I have used it and it works in a pinch but you need to use lots of calmag because it isnt buffered. Amazon sells nutes, lots of garden stores have discreet shipping, just google discreet shipping hydro.

The pet store coco comes pre loaded with beneficial mite eggs, recyclers and predators, dont freak out if you see them scurrying along the pot.
With soilless medium I worry about the constant need to give it nutes and water it. Don't yell at me like some people do, but I'm a minor growing in my closet. I don't have much money to keep spending on this, that is why I chose soil. I have some nutes but it's only 2-2-2. I honestly don't where to get some that is stronger at stores.

H

hawkman

I know you guys are more active growingers but with moving it up that much , my only worry is that the seedling doesn't get enough light. I mean it's CFL lights and they don't work well far away. I haven't felt any heat close to the plant. Would maybe 3 inches away work?
3 inches will work - don't be afraid to use 2 inches ; it will not hurt the plant at all + get better/stronger light -(uses back of hand test for/ to determine light distance

Mari420

Mari420

3 inches will work - don't be afraid to use 2 inches ; it will not hurt the plant at all + get better/stronger light -(uses back of hand test for/ to determine light distance
I used that method on my last plant. I was using 2 40w cfls and 2 23w cfls. Since the 40s get a lot hotter I put them a little farther away. I used the back of the hand method. My hand didn't get hot, but my plant still had signs of heat burn.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hola Mari! Mira, just buy the best quality potting soil mix you can find. You can literally feed the plant *all* it needs with urine, it just needs to be diluted. Don't mess around with coco coir, don't mess around with anything that *isn't* soil right now.

Make certain the lights are measured in Kelvin and are 4,500K-6,500K.

Ahora, there's a difference between air circulation and air ventilation. If it's getting too hot inside the closet, you need to ventilate the air. I think the easiest way to do this is to have something pulling air out of the space near the top (heat rises), and then to have an opening that acts as a passive air intake at the bottom for fresh air. If you can ventilate the warm air directly outside, even better.

Y, keep in mind that the plant can appear to be heat burned, but it's been physically burned by improper pH, or salts in the soil (anything concentrated and especially blue).

Mari420

Mari420

Here is an updated pic of the plant. The roots are growing very fast now and I'm wondering if I should transplant it yet.

Mari420

Mari420

Its time to transplant into a bugger lot.. And it needs holes at the bottom.. I can't see it very well.. You should do 3 gallon
I have holes in it but should I really transplant it straight to 3 gallons? I have a 1 gallon but no holes in it cuz it's a clay pot

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I have holes in it but should I really transplant it straight to 3 gallons? I have a 1 gallon but no holes in it cuz it's a clay pot
Yea that won't really hurt it.. You don't wanna keep transplanting numerous times or else you could end up messing up root chemistry and transplant shock..
IMO opinion just about all plants do great in 3 gallon pots

Mari420

Mari420

Yea that won't really hurt it.. You don't wanna keep transplanting numerous times or else you could end up messing up root chemistry and transplant shock..
IMO opinion just about all plants do great in 3 gallon pots
I don't want my plant to be too big, maybe 2 feet at most. I've heard a gallon should be good for that but any bigger will need a bigger pot

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I don't want my plant to be too big, maybe 2 feet at most. I've heard a gallon should be good for that but any bigger will need a bigger pot
The size or height depends on how tall or short you want it
If you leave in a small ass pot its whole life you will create root bound or whatever else there is
Good luck

Top Bottom