New to Indoor Grow tent

• Thread starter Leonking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Leonking

So I'm new to Indoor grow. Have done very well with outdoor grows til this last year.
Bug infestation was a major problem.
Decided to grow Indoor in a 9x9 grow tent.
Products:
9x9 Gorilla tent w/ extension. 8' total height.
2- 4x8 grow trays.
4- Gavita 1700e LEDs
1- 10" A/C infinity fan with carbon filter inside tent
1- A/C infinity fan w/ filter and silencer outside tent for cool air intake from Mini split a/c.
4- 6" fans inside tent to help with air flow circulation
Ideal-Air commercial Grade humidifier
Frigidaire dehumidifier
Trolmaster hydro X system controlling everything.
Co2 system
Leader Ecotronic pump
Water chiller set at 70' F
Trolmaster Aqua X for irrigation control
Trolmaster moisture meter
Growing 60 clones on Super Lemon Haze on 4" Grodan cubes on top of Growdan slabs. 2 floraflex .5 Emmiters per cube.
I have a cpl of questions.
1. How long to run pump for feed.
Currently- first feed starts 2 hrs after lights on and every hour after.
Last feed is 3 hrs before lights off .
Light schedule is currently at 18/6
Lights on at 10pm thru 1400pm .
2. What percentage should moisture meter show at lights off? Currently, there is little to no run off and displays 25% at lights off... meter located at bottom of 4" Cube just above slab
Ec- .4
PH-5.9
Tent temp 81-82' constant
Lights at 85%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I'm new to Indoor grow. Have done very well with outdoor grows til this last year.
Bug infestation was a major problem.
Decided to grow Indoor in a 9x9 grow tent.
Products:
9x9 Gorilla tent w/ extension. 8' total height.
2- 4x8 grow trays.
4- Gavita 1700e LEDs
1- 10" A/C infinity fan with carbon filter inside tent
1- A/C infinity fan w/ filter and silencer outside tent for cool air intake from Mini split a/c.
4- 6" fans inside tent to help with air flow circulation
Ideal-Air commercial Grade humidifier
Frigidaire dehumidifier
Trolmaster hydro X system controlling everything.
Co2 system
Leader Ecotronic pump
Water chiller set at 70' F
Trolmaster Aqua X for irrigation control
Trolmaster moisture meter
Growing 60 clones on Super Lemon Haze on 4" Grodan cubes on top of Growdan slabs. 2 floraflex .5 Emmiters per cube.
I have a cpl of questions.
1. How long to run pump for feed.
Currently- first feed starts 2 hrs after lights on and every hour after.
Last feed is 3 hrs before lights off .
Light schedule is currently at 18/6
Lights on at 10pm thru 1400pm .
2. What percentage should moisture meter show at lights off? Currently, there is little to no run off and displays 25% at lights off... meter located at bottom of 4" Cube just above slab
Ec- .4
PH-5.9
Tent temp 81-82' constant
Lights at 85%
Sounds legit as hell bro. Welcome to the farm.

@Dirtbag @tobh @PK1 maybe able to help ya out on the feed requirements of RW. I personally have not done RW yet but will try my best to help if you dont get some advice from all the great RW members we have here

L

Leonking

Measure the volume that 7sec gives you and measure the runoff volume, ph and ppm. That info will help others help you
So ran the test twice at 2 different stations.
7 sec. gave 9ml of solution
Currently there is no run-off
By the way, running the Remo nutrients line at half potency for first week of feeding.
Will then flush with r/o water and slf-100 after first week is complete.
Will go to full nutrient potency the start of second week.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Here is a feeding chart that @tobh hooked us up with. I go with this and then minor adjustment to what i want it to be since our pumps and setup is slightly different. I've found that depending on vegative or generative feeding i want different amount of waste. I do 10% waste for veggative and 5% waste for generative. It's good to have the timer at 1 min so you can figure exactly how much fluid you get in that min. With a valve or a ballvalve you can adjust the pressure of the feed for micro adjustment.

Welcome to the farm!

Last edited:
L

Leonking

Here is a feeding chart that @tobh hooked us up with. I go with this and then minor adjustment to what i want it to be since our pumps and setup is slightly different. I've found that depending on vegative or generative feeding i want different amount of waste. I do 10% waste for veggative and 5% waste for generative. It's good to have the timer at 1 min so you can figure exactly how much fluid you get in that min. With a valve or a ballvalve you can adjust the pressure of the feed for micro adjustment.

Welcome to the farm!
View attachment 1278644
Thanks for the advice... this helps a lot.
I

L

Leonking

Welcome to the farm!
View attachment 1278644
So I made the adjustments to my feeding system. Thanks again gor the chart.
I did notice that it is a 12/12 for both veg and Gen.
I made an adjustment for my 16/8 schedule still keeping the 2hrs start after lights on and lights off 3 hrs after last feed.
Will keep an eye on ladies and will follow up.

L

Leonking

Wanted to give a follow-up...
I did another test.
My original test gave me 9ml of solution on 7 sec. Pump feed.
I ran test today with 2 min run time on pump and got 50 ml of solution.
Does that sound about rt? Still not getting much run off and moisture meter is showing 26% at 9 hrs after last feed. Next feed starts in 4 hrs.
Lights out at 1400 and lights on at 2200 hrs.
I'll try to get a better read tomorrow at 1400 if I can make it home on time from work.
As forbthe ladies, they are growing but I see a little wilting. Can make out if it's from over feeding or under feeding.
I want to say under because I see no run off but not sure.

L

Leonking

Hello Everyone,
So Herr is a follow-up. I was able to get home early today. Day 18 after transferring clones on 4" rockwool cubes onto slabs.
I did start full strength nutrients feeding 2 days ago.
The ladies are growing fast.
I am still getting little to no run-off. Moisture meter has been indicating between 18% to 20% most of the time...
The Moisture meter was inserted about 3/4" from bottom of 4 " Cube.
I was thinking.. all the roots have now transferred to the slabs so decided to relocate the Moisture meter to 1" below top of slab. The moisture level jumped up to 36%.
Should I have left the meter on the 4" Cube?
Or should I move the meter lower on the slab?
Here is a picture of the ladies now.

20220923 112329
20220923 112337
L

Leonking

By the way, I am still using the feeding schedule that @PK1 Sent me.

Reactions: PK1
L

Leonking

20221030 154802

Things got a little out of hand. My work hrs. Have been crazy not giving me time to maintain an even canopy. ladies are looking great though

20221107 140939
Top Bottom