new to indoor

• Thread starter abracadabber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

abracadabber

What's up guys?
So I have a 10x10 room with closet. Closet for veg, and I'm planing on separating the room so I can run cycles.
I was given two 600w lumatek ballasts, and two 8" hydrofarm hoods, and bulbs.. Not sure what kind but 600w. I plan on running an A/C and box fan to control heat.
We have a sizeable outdoor Op, but I was given this stuff so why wouldn't I use it right?

My question to the indoor pros;
These lights produce alot of heat and light, and if I separate the room into two smaller ones will one of these lights be two much for three ladies?
Because I plan on doing 3 and 3 more in a month. These "rooms" are going to be separated by pandafilm and I have ducting to pump in and out A/C.

Totally new to indoor and open to all ideas, and any suggestions.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think you're on the right track. Just beware, growing indoors is even more addicting than smoking it. Not sure about outdoor, never tried it.

P

PuregenetiKs

If you are talking about splitting the 10 x 10 room into a 5 x 10, you will be fine with only 600 watts. A good rule to follow is 50 watts per square foot. That is 2500 watts. I would run 2000 watts in a room that size, air cooled or sealed. I have ran a 2k 5 x 8 with only 6ft headroom, air cooled. Right now I have 2 1K 5x5 tents sealed. So you will be just fine, just get your cooling right, and leave room for expansion :) How big is your veg closet?

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you are talking about splitting the 10 x 10 room into a 5 x 10, you will be fine with only 600 watts. A good rule to follow is 50 watts per square foot. That is 2500 watts. I would run 2000 watts in a room that size, air cooled or sealed. I have ran a 2k 5 x 8 with only 6ft headroom, air cooled. Right now I have 2 1K 5x5 tents sealed. So you will be just fine, just get your cooling right, and leave room for expansion :) How big is your veg closet?

Funny, everyone I know talks about 80W/ft² as a minimum for good production. To optimize a 5x5 space, consider a Gavita fixture running the new 1000W Phillips Greenpower double ended HPS. The is nothing better in HPS.

A

abracadabber

The closet is a normal 2x6ish closet with slider doors that I removed. I plan on running the panda down the face and have frame poking or something to drape the panda over it to make the closet deeper. Then seal it up, make it open In the middle..
I guess I should have thought of that earlier, but they use the same lights in grow tents and I'm making the same thing pretty much. (unfortunately I don't have a good light for the veg yet.. Just a florescent. What do u guys think about veggin for a few weeks then finishing veg under the hsp? Maybe add a Flo? .. Yeah, I kno, I need a metal halide..)

And I'd love to try some dope light out but if I wasn't given this equipment I wouldn't even be trying this.. I'd just wait till next june..
but after this harvest that might be the way to go. I'll spend money, I'm tapped at the moment.

also if anybody was wondering about the Orion 1, a Titan Control that uses two 120v (different phases) and converts it into two 240v outlets.. I was scared to spend that much and have it be janky and not work.. But its a champ, super dope. Running 240v equipment upstairs in my spare room!!! Idk that's awesome to me

P

PuregenetiKs

I would veg with one 600 and flower with one if you really want a perpetual crop. Or I would just veg and flower under both 600's because it easier and cheaper to run one room as far as cooling and air movement if money is a factor. After a run or two you should be able to build whatever you want. Flouros will veg just to damn slow for you to keep two flower rooms full.

A

abracadabber

Yeah a few runs I'll be able to make a proper veg. I still need timers, my seedlings are at 24 right now.. The sun has always been my timer, so I've never done 24.
Hehe, this is my first run from seeds as well. I've always been able to make clones from the Burmese but I wanted to try a new flavor this time.. They look great so far. Like 10 days old.
Hey thanks for letting me bounce ideas off u guys.. Makes me feel more comfortable, I was wondering about staring a fire but if u have run hotter in a smaller space I should be fine.
Thanks!!

Natural

Natural

I think I missed the reason why you need to split the room?
The thang about 6's..is that they are pretty weak honestly. I would want them running side by side. 3 plants is an odd shape to me also..it would make a nice rectangle for 6 plants under 2 lights.
You should maybe ask around for an extra light..or scoop up a bargain..the room could easily run 3 600's..even without AC if you're venting good.
Just makes sense to me to over-lap lights and fill the space all proper...you could pull 2-3 easy with what you've got in gear.

A

abracadabber

I agree with ya bro, I wish I had bigger than 600s. After awhile I'll get to 1000w. I'd love to try dual arc. What do you guys think about those?
The reason to split the room is to run two cycles.. Hopefully harvest every month or so. The white lemon I got says its 8weeks..
I would blow out the whole room.. But my card only allows 6 ladies and 18 in veg.

Top Bottom