New To Indoors, Glad To Be Here

• Thread starter Zen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zen

Hi everyone.

I'm a second generation outdoor grower. Technically third -- but that begins and ends with my grandfather working on a hemp farm in the mid thirties. So, technicality, no knowledge shared. Nevertheless, I learned a lot from my father, and consider my knowledge quite adequate in that field. There is always more to learn, but I was taught well, and have never really felt out of my element.
Well, then I moved to Europe. I eventually got a small garden going. Then Leo decided to get a sparkling new academy within ten miles from here. I heightened security, and moved to a greenhouse setup. Then Leo got another treat. An airfield.
While stopping would be wise, I don't really want to. It would be like putting down my pets. I don't know how much sense it makes.
I've always been curious about growing indoors. As a kid I saw my uncle's aeroponic setup, and while fascinated by it, I didn't have a chance to learn much. What little I picked up is likely extremely outdated, and so I've decided to try a much humbler setup in the form of a tiny indoor garden. I've decided to put max energy consumption at around half the max recommendation, but heat masking shouldn't be too hard. It should, if anything, make the house appear more normal.

At any rate, that's who I am and why I'm here. I have a ton of questions, but I expect it'd be better to save those for relevant subforums. Thanks for having me.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Welcome to the farm Cobba like you I was taught by my grandfather and father to grow they were some of the first Aquarius people to move out the Nimbin in Australia. Happy indoor I'm on my 4 th indoor crop and love the farm crew here so much to learn from some talented growers . Regards OD .

Z

Zen

Thank you. Yes, I've lurked on several forums, but fell for this one due to the high level of skill in the community, as well as the overall welcoming nature of the place. A combination you don't see a whole lot. Looking forward to learning from you all.

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy and welcome to the farm; I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Reactions: Zen
Top Bottom