New To Me Air Stone/tube...

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

This thing kicks ass... Thought about buying one before but didn't. It's be fat the best air "stone" I've used. I started with the simple cylinder stone, and flat discs, balls, and redfrog "ait", all the way to no stone which works better than most stones.

This thing is flexible and it holds what ever shape you bend it to. Literally cover the whole bottom of a 10gal brute trashcan with bubbles. I'm running about 1000gph through it.

First two underwater pics are differences between small pump and commercial pump.

What do y'all use? And anybody got any experience
New to me air stonetube
New to me air stonetube 2
New to me air stonetube 3
New to me air stonetube 4
New to me air stonetube 5
New to me air stonetube 6
New to me air stonetube 7
with these?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

They really are. I'm gonna put this in the 5 gal and get a bigger one or 2 of them for my 10gal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Does it stay fully submerged in the water column? That's always been the biggest problem with these things, once they fill with air, they float.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Does it stay fully submerged in the water column? That's always been the biggest problem with these things, once they fill with air, they float.
It's hard to tell right now because the roots are holding it down. But I imagine I'll have to add some sort of weight to it. I've been using redfrog (ait) they float if you don't have them weighted. They come with washers that you weight them with. I deal with the same shit in fishtanks, I got a bunch of suction cups laying around too.

whitebob

whitebob

This thing kicks ass... Thought about buying one before but didn't. It's be fat the best air "stone" I've used. I started with the simple cylinder stone, and flat discs, balls, and redfrog "ait", all the way to no stone which works better than most stones.

This thing is flexible and it holds what ever shape you bend it to. Literally cover the whole bottom of a 10gal brute trashcan with bubbles. I'm running about 1000gph through it.

First two underwater pics are differences between small pump and commercial pump.

What do y'all use? And anybody got any experienceView attachment 607811 View attachment 607816 View attachment 607817 View attachment 607820 View attachment 607821 View attachment 607822 View attachment 607823 with these?
used one of these in my rdwc aeroponics worked well!!! I'm going to buy another...for my bubble bucket:D

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Definitely have to get me one of these! From the pic it looks like you can daisy chain them together? I have one of those flat 3" discs right now which I like better than the tube kind I think lacing it back and forth on the bottom of my res would be pretty groovy:)

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

They make them in different lengths. I got the 3', not sure how long they make them. I'm sure you could daisy chain them. Just need a pump capable of pushing them.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You are right they are floaters!!! @Seamaiden what I do is take those little suction cups with a half moon clip attachment from my Ph monitor from my reef tank and it holds them in place. I just clip em to the side of my rez

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

You are right they are floaters!!! @Seamaiden what I do is take those little suction cups with a half moon clip attachment from my Ph monitor from my reef tank and it holds them in place. I just clip em to the side of my rez
Actually this one doesn't float. It's kinda heavy and holds its shape. Not sure what's on the inside tho. Feels like a heavy wire or something like that.

ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

What do y'all use? And anybody got any experienceView attachment 607811 View attachment 607816 View attachment 607817 View attachment 607820 View attachment 607821 View attachment 607822 View attachment 607823 with these?
At least this one ain't haunted... I don't see any tormented souls in those bubbles! Or did you excorcise your system?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They make them in different lengths. I got the 3', not sure how long they make them. I'm sure you could daisy chain them. Just need a pump capable of pushing them.
I was just gonna ask if I used my big air pump on them if they might get blown out. Sounds like not!

Latest posts

Top Bottom