New to measuring PPM'S

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Just got myself a PPM pen, I will be using it for the first time tonight. Just wondering if anyone could tell me the range that I should be looking for. I'm using GH FloraNova line.

TIA

GG

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What stage of growth? early veg, veg, late veg, transition, early flower, flower, late flower, finish?

Tex

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

What stage of growth? early veg, veg, late veg, transition, early flower, flower, late flower, finish?

Tex
TK sighting. Good to see you in the mix Tex. Missed your sage insight round these parts brother man.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Tex

I'm on week 5 and week 2 of flower. both are 8 week strains. I mix my nutes at approx 60-70% of the recommended dose. I have done this for over a year without the PPM pen.

I checked it last night and my PPM is at 420 (in one bucket) and 450 (in the second bucket) I did not run any veg nutes so I will check that in a day or two.

I started this because I have yellowing leaves and cant figure out why?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Sound a little hungry, what is the ppm of your water before nutes?

I like to be in the 600-800ppm range where your at in flower, basically one week outta transition

I usually deduct most of the tap water base ppms from my nute number, your ppm of your water may be 200ppm right out of the faucet so that 420ppm on your pen is really only 220ppm of effective nutes..

I would hit it with a little base and maybe some florolicious plus and flora nectar to kick up the ppms a little

Tex

Green Giant

Green Giant

Do I take the PPM reading from just the base nutes, or is it with all the additives in it?

That reading was with Florabloom (2tsp), Rapid start (1/2tsp), Florolicious plus(1/2tsp), Koolbloom(1tsp), and a small amount of Bio weed(1/2tsp). in 5 gallons of water ph is at 6.0ish

I have not used the Flora nector.

I have been thinking of switching up to H&G line up, are they any easier to run with?

This is what I'm trying to overcome...
DSC01390
DSC01392
DSC01400
DSC01401

Top Bottom