New to running CO2 Any help would be great

• Thread starter devildog1986
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devildog1986

devildog1986

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is growing like crazy. I have a issue with my new grow room setup hope someone on here can help. My Amazing and great wife got me a complete CO2 system for valentines (hold the awww's lol) I have never ran CO2 But I have it so why not right? my dilemma is simply how to exhaust without exhausting CO2 I read up on it and CO2 always falls never rises but i just want to make sure i do this the right way. I normally run a filtered intake and a carbon scrubbed exhaust. Because i have the CO2 i no longer need to run a intake so i am going to direct Cool my lighting the hood is a sealed hood, but i don't know what would be my best approach for exhaust without exhausting my CO2 a whole lot of blabber on youtube, nothing really educational on it. any Suggestions or help would be great because i am setting up my new room at the moment. Thanks again guys. Happy and peaceful growing to all!!!!

budm

budm

If exhausting, you will exhaust co2 so plan on going thru bottles quickly (assuming your complete system is bottle/regulator/controller). Best use is in a sealed room, is this an option for you?

devildog1986

devildog1986

it is, i would simply air cool my hood directly, but the only concern i have about not scrubbing the air with a carbon filter is the smell. thats the most important thing to me.

and yes i have the bottle/regulator/controller.
the tent i have is 8ft high so i was going to scrub at the very top and add 1/4 in. line that i can move up and down as ladies get taller, but again I've never ran CO2 i have two small fans that i adjust as they grow, i was thinking of adding the CO2 line in the back of the fans so they would spread it. they are not oscillating. but again these are just Ideas going through my head, anyone that has experience with CO2 will know a whole lot more than me. thanks for the response budm.

budm

budm

Keep in mind you can run the scrubber so it does not exhaust but just recirculates in the tent. It will still scrub the smell, and if you stand it up on the floor pointing up it will also grab the co2 from down low and circulate it as well. Co2 is heavier than air, so if this isn't an option for your scrubber you should at least put a fan down low that blows up to the undersides of the canopy.

devildog1986

devildog1986

that is probably what i will end up doing. can i still run a filtered intake? being that the tent is in a A/C cooled room wouldn't it help make the CO2 last longer? what i mean is with a filtered intake some CO2 will be coming in to the room i doubt it will be the recommended 1200ppm just curious to know.

Top Bottom