New to THC Farmer--question

• Thread starter ebp12100
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ebp12100

ebp12100

I received a pack of free seeds from a recent purchase. The strain is called Borealis Tangerine and are 'regular' seeds. What's the difference between regular vs. feminized seeds. Many thanks!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Correctly produced feminized seeds are all female.
Regular seeds are a toss up maybe male maybe female.
It’s the luck of the draw, makes it extremely exciting and suspenseful:)

ebp12100

ebp12100

Thanks for clarifying. If I germinate those regular seeds at what point will I be able to tell male vs female? During veg stage or would I need to wait until the beginning of flowering? Thanks

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Thanks for clarifying. If I germinate those regular seeds at what point will I be able to tell male vs female? During veg stage or would I need to wait until the beginning of flowering? Thanks

Usually after about two months depending on your growing environment..there's several different methods of "being able to tell."

1. Waiting until the plant shows sex (2-3 months)
2. Forcing the plant to flower then bringing it back into veg; or
3. Cloning the plant and flowering the clones

My preferred method is number one as it is the least stressful for the plant but even people with a lot of experience still make mistakes when sexing.

Number two will result in funky growth and could ultimately affect flower production in a negative way..

Number three is the most time consuming since it will take at least two to three months for your plant to veg to where you can actually take cuts and then a few weeks for the Clones to root and show sex.

The choice is yours unless someone else has more suggestions as to sexing a plant..

ebp12100

ebp12100

I'm a new grower and just finished my first grow outdoors (West Coast OG and Mexican-Thai Haze). I live in New England with short summers and long winters, so I'm hoping to start an indoor grow in Dec-Jan. At this stage I'm only concerned about feminized plants; not wanting any males to pollenate to produce seeds. I may travel that road in the future but not now. With that said, I think I'd gravitate to your #1 option. Thanks!!

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I'm a new grower and just finished my first grow outdoors (West Coast OG and Mexican-Thai Haze). I live in New England with short summers and long winters, so I'm hoping to start an indoor grow in Dec-Jan. At this stage I'm only concerned about feminized plants; not wanting any males to pollenate to produce seeds. I may travel that road in the future but not now. With that said, I think I'd gravitate to your #1 option. Thanks!!

Feel free to come to the forum with pictures of your plants if you need help sexing... 🤓

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Feminized seed is often the choice for personal grows especially for people trying to keep plant count numbers down but regular seeds are worth their weight in gold I know it sucks having to deal with males if you're not breeding but you can also see different phenotypes and find one more appealing to you than the pheno they use for their feminized

Top Bottom