New to the forum Hi everyone!

• Thread starter Baconhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Static23

Static23

So the the pic with the pot and solo cup if u notice the plant in pot leaves were cut at tips where the deficiency was the leaves tips were weird looking like fried wich I'm guessing was nute burn possibly
FYI the two ladies on the right in this pic are 3 weeks old. They are autos
50A17477 EFB2 47B1 B8E1 0E4D1356121F

So the the pic with the pot and solo cup if u notice the plant in pot leaves were cut at tips where the deficiency was the leaves tips were weird looking like fried wich I'm guessing was nute burn possibly

Baconhead

Baconhead

So, I have several questions. Did you say the top pic is at 3 weeks? Are you already giving nutes? Is the one in solo cup for a solo cup challenge or are planning on transplanting it?
The biggest plant is 3 weeks from seed the others were planted about 1 week ago pre mixed worm castings in my mix think I messed up by doing that plus like I said it has been cold at night like 35 degrees and daytime 50s to low 60s

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Worm casting are like gold, but most people add too much at once.

Reactions: PK1
Static23

Static23

The biggest plant is 3 weeks from seed the others were planted about 1 week ago pre mixed worm castings in my mix think I messed up by doing that plus like I said it has been cold at night like 35 degrees and daytime 50s to low 60s
Are those temps your plants are living in?

Baconhead

Baconhead

I see where you are going. Yeah, they are small, but why? A step at a time. Always start with the medium because everything changes based on that.
I think the weather played a huge roll
Worm casting are like gold, but most people add too much at once.
Yea think I added way to much plus the weather being bad my shed not having insulation or heat and to top it off I'm new to growing this no experience.i ordered a mars hydro tent yesterday and going to order a heat mat soon to wish weather picked up soon.the strains I have are northern lights the biggest one then sour d in solo cup the cut tips one is of kush from 42 and the small one in black pot is sweet Afghan delicious or delight from sweet seeds

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yup. 35 is way too low. You have them in a greenhouse and it went to 35?

Weed likes 60 at lights off and 76 at lights on. Those are the ideal temps, yours may vary.
Even so, you should have more growth. They are still green, so they are still growing.

The various pots you have can also be causing issues.
We prefer fabric pots.

Read these;

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Static23

Static23

That's the temps they were in until I moved them yesterday
Cannabis is tough as nails! But growing in those is gonna pose quite a few problems. Not all genetics are the same but generally you want to have temps right around 80F lights on and 68F lights out

Baconhead

Baconhead

I was using a shed :/ I think everything would of went better if it was insulated
Oh another big facto
Cannabis is tough as nails! But growing in those is gonna pose quite a few problems. Not all genetics are the same but generally you want to have temps right around 80F lights on and 68F lights out
I forgot to mention I also didn't have a decent light at first I was using a clamp on led light lol in those temps.i ended up getting a maxsisun pb1000 I'm buying piece by piece by next year I would like to start learning about hydroponic systems

Baconhead

Baconhead

Yup. 35 is way too low. You have them in a greenhouse and it went to 35?

Weed likes 60 at lights off and 76 at lights on. Those are the ideal temps, yours may vary.
Even so, you should have more growth. They are still green, so they are still growing.

The various pots you have can also be causing issues.
We prefer fabric pots.

Read these;

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
I was just looking at your post on this yesterday! Just realised you wrote it!

Static23

Static23

Oh another big facto

I forgot to mention I also didn't have a decent light at first I was using a clamp on led light lol in those temps.i ended up getting a maxsisun pb1000 I'm buying piece by piece by next year I would like to start learning about hydroponic systems
Haha! I’m right there with you. When I started, I ran 1 plant with a clamp on led grow light I got from Home Depot. Starting off like that makes you appreciate it more when you start learning more and upgrading.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Coco does not hold water, so you have to feed and water a lot more often in coco depending on your mix. Straight coco and perlite 50/50 mix gets watered/fed 4 or 5 times a day at least.
this is only valid when the its not in seedling. Right now in seedling mode there is no need to water the substrate that much.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Wrap a towel or something around the pots to warm the root zones.
Get the light at 20 inches over the tops.
You do not need a pH meter in soil if its mixed correctly.
Don't let it get below 50 if at all possible.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I normally picked the pot up and see how heavy it was. You want the roots to grow and you want the coco to be 50% moist at all time.
I wouldn't water to drain right now as its pointless. Water more frequently but just a bit as the roots of those seedlings are as big as it self.

The bigger plant needs to get watered to drain.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Wrap a towel or something around the pots to warm the root zones.
Get the light at 20 inches over the tops.
You do not need a pH meter in soil if its mixed correctly.
Don't let it get below 50 if at all possible.
exactly, the reason the plant are not growing quick is due to the temps and humidity. Your VPD is not in range

PK1

PK1

Supporter
anyway noobs got you covered. I mean numb lol! @ComfortablyNumb

Top Bottom