New to the Game

• Thread starter ChuckFinnl3y
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Hello to you fellow Farmers,

been lurking in the Shadows for a bit and decided to say hello now that im getting into growing myself and hopefully be able to contribute soon aswell.
I'm also into Photography and like to over-think/-enigeener on technical aspects/tools.

Pretty new to growing, started to try play around abit last (late)Summer with a random Flower i found Outdoors. Wanted to use her to test some training methods and get a generall feeling of the Plant,
unfortunatly she didnt took the replant very well and died down before i really could try anything.
I tried a few Auto-Seeds after it but didnt had any luck, either the Plant died maybe 1-2 Weeks after germination or some pesky Birds stole my Plants right after putting them Outside.
Special thanks to @Redneckx who gifted me the Auto-Seeds so i could fiddle around with them.

About a few Weeks ago and with Legalization arriving soon(ish) the switch flipped and i finally decided to get serious and started to look for Equipment, everything prior was just "testing" around Outdoors only with some basis Fertilizer and some tiny Ringlight you cant even really call a light other than a quick grow from a borrowed tent but i was getting much help there so im not counting it towards me growing.

Were leaning towards a complete Set from AC Infinity (either a 3x3 or 4x4) and waiting for the EU Shop opening in the hopes there would be some bigger discounts or deals,
unfortunaly there wasnt any interesting Deal and their pricing seem more aggresive than on the US Site even with Tax and Vat taken into Account. So im back to putting my own Set together.

Prob still be going for one of their 3x3 Tents, but cant decide on the lightning currently wrestling between the Vipar Spectra KS3000, Phlizon FD 6000 Plus or one of the new Spider Farmer G Series.

Looking forward to meet new people, share some knownledge -and hopefully some juicy pictures once im there.

Best Regards
Chuck

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Welcome!

Were leaning towards a complete Set from AC Infinity (either a 3x3 or 4x4)
I mostly use AC Infinity equipment: tents, lights, controllers, humidifiers, fans, smart plugs, etc. I don't recommend buying a kit if that's what you're thinking. I tried a 4x4, but decided it was too big for my style of growing, so I downsized to 2x2 and 2x4 tents. I find it's much easier to tend to the plants when they're in smaller tents.

cant decide on the lightning currently wrestling between the Vipar Spectra KS3000, Phlizon FD 6000 Plus or one of the new Spider Farmer G Series.
The AC Infinity lights are also worth considering, especially the models that can be operated by their controllers. I'm using the T22 light in a 2x2 tent for the first time. I'm happy with it so far. I also have plants under a ViparSpectra XS2000 light and am having a problem with light stress. There's no sign of it under the AC Infinity light, even though it's set higher. So, I like it so far.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

tbh i was only conisdering a Kit if there would have been a big Discount not cost effective enough for me otherwise plus i prob would have choosen other/different parts than those available in the Kit.

Tent wise im mostly set on a 3x3 now, i would like to use a 4x4 mainly for its Height buts its just a bit to bulky for the space i got available considering i may wanna get an add. tiny Tent for Veggie or so 1 year down the line. Briefly considered their 2in1 Tents but i just dont quite like the Setup.

The Controller Setup looks nice for sure and is one of the Reasons i was conisdering the Kit but im not sure yet how i wanna manage it.

I wanna archieve to Controll those parameters on my final Setup aswell(plus add. ones), so im planning to get Stuff that enables "remote" Controlling(not necesarly from a phone/Computer, but at a main Unit and not on the products individually) but maybe dont get the Controller and tools for it right from the start also dont wanna lock myself into one specific brand and not buying twice once i notice i wanna get an upgrade. Rather save some more/do some research and get what i wanna use in my Final setup.
Thats also one of the reasons im getting back and forth with what Tools/Equipment i wanna get.

Thought about controlling them with a Microcontroller like an Arduino but havent dont enough research on it yet to know if its feasible for "semi automation".
Like the Idea of Logging some paramets and maybe use some old webcam to take regular pictures for Troubleshooting and find out what i did wrong so im probably gonna use an Arduino or Raspberry anyways.

For lights i keep finding new Infos, details and read about possible misconceptions so im getting more and more confused the more i read into it.
Also stumpled upon Lights with different Channels, which i didnt notice before, those that let you dial in on the Spectrum.
Truly not something i would be playing around from the start but guessing it would be neat after a few Grows and would let me learn/experience more and build up knownledge faster aswell and maybe react/counter other problems or deficits given it may also results in more errors at the start.

But then again not sure if it would be worth it to spend the extra buck on it to get the ability to controll Light channels and if it would even be worth it to controlling it, guessing the Manufactures dialed them in pretty well and the difference/benefit it would yield in regards to quality and quantity.

My Friend keeps telling me to not worry too much about it, but i just worry ill regret the Purchase with the knownledge i have right now specifically when it comes down to the light Spectrum.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Welcome chuck. Not sure about the UK but in the US around Black Friday, and Amazon Prime Day, those kits drop 40% - 50%.

Ya may not want to wait that long!

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

yea im def. not waiting for that long, and only considered the Kit due to the EU Shop from AC Infinity that opened this Week -hoping they would hand out some bigger discounts.

Top Bottom