New To This But Loving It

• Thread starter NewToThis87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NewToThis87

Naw the numbers look off from his pic.wonder where he is putting the sensor.it needs to pe over the plants

Hey the numbers are right but the picture is not showing the actual light spectrum and the babies are growing slowly but steadily and I like that.

I will post some updated pics in a couple of days and hopefully everything will be going good

N

NewToThis87

Let me fix this for you!
I will research LED and learn, then I'll go to led websites and read their pages and compare it to what I learned so I can make a decision not based on marketing or what someone told you that bought a led.
Then share your knowledge with everyone here!!!
Just a tip! And being new grower has a great advantage, you learn real stuff and not spend years on the hype, then relearn

I guess I've read almost every article and guide on the top websites regarding this also researched the LED I want to order based on my grow area and light/temperature requirements, thanks though for the great advise

brazel

brazel

Hey the numbers are right but the picture is not showing the actual light spectrum and the babies are growing slowly but steadily and I like that.
I will post some updated pics in a couple of days and hopefully everything will be going good
Word, it just seams off. You have a big footprint of low wattage, but if that's what you're getting then that's what you're getting

brazel

brazel

I guess I've read almost every article and guide on the top websites regarding this also researched the LED I want to order based on my grow area and light/temperature requirements, thanks though for the great advise
Nice! What light?

brazel

brazel

I am thinking VIPARSPECTRA “Reflector Style” R900 what do you think?
If you want my honest opinion, I would not buy that. Please understand I'm not tying to be rude, just up front and honest.
But it will work.

From their website...
"1000hid replacement"... not true.
"No need for extra balast"...led don't use ballast! Why would they say that? What does extra mean? Did they put one in there or something? I'm surprised they also don't say no need for cfl bulbs?
"Revolutionary aluminum heat sinks"
What does revolutionary mean basically heat sink you want to have the most area so that's why you'll have fins and have little fins on the fins. Is theory is to spread Heat over a large distance by making all those fins and grooves. Cause it creates more area so the heat spreads

" scientifically engineered " by who

"The secret to the VIPARSPECTRA LED"
Really secret! Maybe this is the word they wanted...proprietary

"Reflector Style" what does that mean? It styled like a reflector so it doesn't really have a reflector?

There's more bullshit on that site.

Again I'm not trying to be rude, just showing what I saw.

Last edited:
N

NewToThis87

If you want my honest opinion, I would not buy that. Please understand I'm not tying to be rude, just up front and honest.
But it will work.

From their website...
"1000hid replacement"... not true.
"No need for extra balast"...led don't use ballast! Why would they say that? What does extra mean? Did they put one in there or something? I'm surprised they also don't say no need for cfl bulbs?
"Revolutionary aluminum heat sinks"
What does revolutionary mean basically heat sink you want to have the most area so that's why you'll have fins and have little fins on the fins. Is theory is to spread Heat over a large distance by making all those fins and grooves. Cause it creates more area so the heat spreads

" scientifically engineered " by who

"The secret to the VIPARSPECTRA LED"
Really secret! Maybe this is the word they wanted...proprietary

"Reflector Style" what does that mean? It styled like a reflector so it doesn't really have a reflector?

There's more bullshit on that site.

Again I'm not trying to be rude, just showing what I saw.

Thanks a lot, that was fruitful, still its early for me to think about the LED since i am planning to finish this grow using CFL.

Thanks again

brazel

brazel

Thanks a lot, that was fruitful, still its early for me to think about the LED since i am planning to finish this grow using CFL.

Thanks again
No worries!
Some of the stuff these companies say is just so ridiculous!
And on the other side sometimes when I try to show someone something their doing is not correct they get pissed and go off on me! I get that they've relied on and believed what was actually not correct was correct.
Or I read things like... this product is good, I used it and my plants liked it!
Really, there is absolutely no information there! that's something I would expect an elementary school student to say.
95% of the time when they do give me more detail, whatever happened that the plants liked, actually came from another source.

Again not attacking anyone, just trying to stimulate the mind. Being a new grower you're in the perfect spot where you could choose your path

N

NewToThis87

No worries!
Some of the stuff these companies say is just so ridiculous!
And on the other side sometimes when I try to show someone something their doing is not correct they get pissed and go off on me! I get that they've relied on and believed what was actually not correct was correct.
Or I read things like... this product is good, I used it and my plants liked it!
Really, there is absolutely no information there! that's something I would expect an elementary school student to say.
95% of the time when they do give me more detail, whatever happened that the plants liked, actually came from another source.

Again not attacking anyone, just trying to stimulate the mind. Being a new grower you're in the perfect spot where you could choose your path

I know it has nothing to do with this subject but is this normal?! Please check the pic
Screenshot 20171012 021012

brazel

brazel

I know it has nothing to do with this subject but is this normal?! Please check the pic View attachment 749260
No worries, Every aspect of this field is subject! I think i posted about this pic on this thread post #18. No mutant. You can grow it though, watch the difference.
I used to let everything grow, slow, mutant, stretch... etc. Anymore though any growth characteristics I don't like I cull it, murder it, slice its head off and eat it.
People will say "I grew a mutant and it was so dank" cool

N

NewToThis87

No worries, Every aspect of this field is subject! I think i posted about this pic on this thread post #18. No mutant. You can grow it though, watch the difference.
I used to let everything grow, slow, mutant, stretch... etc. Anymore though any growth characteristics I don't like I cull it, murder it, slice its head off and eat it.
People will say "I grew a mutant and it was so dank" cool

Heyy Brazel buddy it has nothing to do with the last topic in this post but ur the only one with real help, am facing some problems with my babies, any advise would be appriciated, the tips of the leaves are turning a little bit yellow or is that ok.

Please check the pics attached
Screenshot 20171017 193159
Screenshot 20171017 193148

H

heisen

That plant is circling the drain.you be lucky to get a blunt out of it.i am sure @brazel can help though.i don't get paid enough around here to.help with these extreme cases.plant needs to go on life support.good luck.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Cmon man lol. Had to post this. Coco coir clones under only 2Ă—45w CFLs and lots of room for potential. They're on a 16/8 light schedule and IMO they're doing superbly but I'm not stepping out any boundaries here.

20171017 053703
Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Hello guys! I am new to this indoor growing, I used to grow outdoor but now I am loving this indoor thing!
I am using CFL's for my grow:
4Ă—45W, 7x34W, 5x30W 5x25W with 6500K on a 3'x2'x3' growing Area and I am using ProMix HP and having some Cotton candy kush and white rhino babies.

Is the light enough for it for the time being? How many bulbs should I add or replace with 2700K warm white colour? Any tips? Thanks All

View attachment 748107 View attachment 748107 View attachment 748108
Looks like alot of heat for a whole lot of lumens. Don't burn them :)

N

NewToThis87

Thanks a lot guys for ur advices, I increased the distance between the lights and my babies and will add some baby nutes for them, some nitrogen enhancement

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Thanks a lot guys for ur advices, I increased the distance between the lights and my babies and will add some baby nutes for them, some nitrogen enhancement
That's good. I was taught to keep the cfls away while I was using a whole boat load at once. And I mean awaaaaaaay(like 1-2ft.) while young plants are starting to take root. But I never kept the lights that far away ever. I mean... they're cfls lol.

But apparently, sprouts don't need much to get their roots going. Just keep the heat off them anyway you can.

And to due credit. These were set to flower under a LED in my tent but its occupied(bad planning) so I have no choice but to complete the grow where they sit. I recently added two more 32w bulbs and I will keep adding more :) GL with yours fellow CFL user.

20171018 070802
Last edited:
N

NewToThis87

That's good. I was taught to keep the cfls away while I was using a whole boat load at once. And I mean awaaaaaaay(like 1-2ft.) while young plants are starting to take root. But I never kept the lights that far away ever. I mean... they're cfls lol.

But apparently, sprouts don't need much to get their roots going. Just keep the heat off them anyway you can.

And to due credit. These were set to flower under a LED in my tent but its occupied(bad planning) so I have no choice but to complete the grow where they sit. I recently added two more 32w bulbs and I will keep adding more :) GL with yours fellow CFL user.

Your babies looking great!! I am a bit disappointed that some of mine are looking pale and light green

Latest posts

Top Bottom