new to this need help

• Thread starter sadistic punish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sadistic punish

Hi all,

Im new to this, my mate gave me is cabinet, 2 fans, 400W HPS light, auto flowering seeds and perlite.
He told me to put the seeds in a shot glass of water and let it crack then place it in perlite and put it straight under the 400W light for 20 hrs on and 4 off and the light at a hight of around 50cm's.
The only thing he didnt tell me was how much water to give them, when to give them water?
I have been told to germinate in water, then put them in perlite than water, then cover them with clear see through plastic to create a type of green house humidity effect, then water them every so often. light on for 18/6 or 20/4 then once the seed starts to break the surface take the plastic off and let it grow... only having a 400W HPS i got told to leave it 50cm's high to stop burning... so should this work for my auto flowering seeds??
If anyone can tell me if the stuff he gave me and the info will make this weed grow? and also how much water to give them each day.

hiboy

hiboy

I always use to take a paper towel wet, put seeds inside it and then put in sandwich bag with end OPEN. Even a couple of drops of water for moisture. Set it upon dvd, stereo equipment for heat. Keep moist for few days, when cracked place root in your medium under fluorescent lamps, H.i.d. too powerful IMO.
hiboy

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey sadistic, welcome ,and hiboys method is the way to go. just be careful with that light ,it throws off alot of heat and will burn a seedling up before you know it. best way to judge heat on your plants is to use the back of your hand obove the plants. if it is too warm to the back of your hand , it will definetly be too warm for your young seedlings. hope that helps and good luck. peacentreez

W

Webster

I agree with hiboy when germinating your seeds. Get a florescent light for the young seedlings.
Are you planning on using only perlite as your growing medium? I don't have any experience with hydro, but you will need to water with a nutrient solution very frequently for your plants to survive in only perlite.
A simple hydro setup will be necessary to automatically water your plants if you want to be able to leave them for over 1/2 a day.
I would look into growing in organic soil. Do you have access to a grow store? If not, I have grown in regular potting soil watering with some nutrients after germinating seeds in a paper towel.
You can grow as simply as possible and as complicated as possible. Soil requires less frequent watering and gives you a buffer to keep your plants alive if you make mistakes. Give some thought to your growing medium before you start popping those seeds.

S

sadistic punish

hiboy were do i get a fluorescent light from and what wattage? and how long do i leave them under the light before putting them under the HPS? so even at a far distance from the pot the HPS will still be shit to use? what about watering?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

some ghetto stuff from wal mart will do
hydro stores are great if you have any around

Top Bottom