New To Uc, Follow This Grow And Watch Me Kill It Or Crash Ha

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

... also anyone switch to chiller and notice their yield go up because of disolved oxygen and not just because their roots were fucked before?

slimjimham

slimjimham

20141204 212057
20141204 212047
So new system went on today to replace dirt... built the scrog, currently have just bleach and water sterilizing the veg system... I'll drain that, rinse real good and let it dry before filling back up.

Did a water Change on the flowering uc using h&g aquaflakes... they have 3 weeks left and should start blowing up.

Here they are,

Also the new flowering plants are getting only cultured solutions, they have nice bright root balls, things really seemed to go well when i added the uc roots as a sterilizer.

I've got two plants in veg that have been going for like 6 weeks now... they were a bit stunted early on with root issues so they're not crazy big but i won't be able to put them in for another 3 weeks, I'll post pictures of them but my only concern is the roots going nuts in flower and clogging a tube, what do ya think

20141204 212032
20141204 212123
20141204 212127
Last edited:
slimjimham

slimjimham

I should have taken a pic, I'd call it a good success. I'm planning on yielding quite a bit more on the next rounds by lowering the net, having larger plants going into flower and switching nutes.

I'll post back and report but i think the final yield will be around 20z... Def low for me even in soil, I usually get 25 a light. But these plants were small when i flipped em. I will say the overall bud size went up drastically. I used to have a few oz of small junk buds per harvest. I didn't have anything this time that's not good size.

Anyways I'll post a final yield in a few days

NuggPufr

NuggPufr

I'm using a 1/2 hp chiller with a uc8 xl for 3 years now. Water temps at 65f. Never any root issues. using the CS regiment with the advanced PH. I used H&G on my first run in the UC and basically grew lettuce. They vegged for like 4 weeks after flip.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Weird, you think it's something you did or you think uc just doesn't like h&g for some reason

NuggPufr

NuggPufr

Weird, you think it's something you did or you think uc just doesn't like h&g for some reason
well same thing happened to my buddy, we started our UC's at the same time, same strains, same nute regiment. It could be because I was not familiar with the line and should have used it differently. maybe switch to bloom the last week of veg. I dunno. I switched to the CS line and it was like magic.

Here is some chernobyl I ran in the UC with HG and then the same exact cut in soil with FF nutes.

post-291423-13688297755796.jpg

post-291423-13688267935763.jpg

slimjimham

slimjimham

What ppm are you running with the cs solution? 650 on the .5
scale peak like suggested?

Plants look good but getting some mag def i think.... what base ppm of cal mag are you running before adding the nutes?

I've been doing 100ppm total ppm (tap at 30 + 70 ppm cal mag) per gallon... so about 1ml per gallon of callimagic. Before i put in the nutes....

So looking for help on that with the cs nutes.... I'm lit ha thanks

NuggPufr

NuggPufr

What ppm are you running with the cs solution? 650 on the .5
scale peak like suggested?

Plants look good but getting some mag def i think.... what base ppm of cal mag are you running before adding the nutes?

I've been doing 100ppm total ppm (tap at 30 + 70 ppm cal mag) per gallon... so about 1ml per gallon of callimagic. Before i put in the nutes....

So looking for help on that with the cs nutes.... I'm lit ha thanks

Those Pics are old. Right now I am running Bodhi Lucky Charms in the UC. I was at 650ppm week 1 of flower but right now I am in week 3 and 850 on .5 Im running 2600w over the uc, sealed room, ac, c02, yada yada, so I tend to run on the hotter side of things. I use botanicare cal/mag and bring my R/O water from 0 to 250 ppm with cal/mag. Then sweet up to about 500 ppm for extra Mg. Then the rest is UC roots, the CS A+B and boost. I am using the 3 stage boost, early, mid and late flower.

gallery_291423_4591_444231.jpg

gallery_291423_4591_113968.jpg

gallery_291423_4591_139104.jpg

Last edited:
NuggPufr

NuggPufr

Lol you think so? I had just clipped all the bottom shit too. You think they should be thinned out more?

slimjimham

slimjimham

Looks good, so I'll try to push my ppm to 200 ppm of callimagic, then add the rest.

How much uc roots do you run and do you add it back every 4-7 days like they recommend?

I've also been having a minor problem in veg where several days after a res change i get some slimming of the roots. The uc roots clears it up in a few days but not really sure why this is happening. My temps are like 68*-70 since the basement floor is so cold so i might needa chiller in the summer but it's good for now....

Shit just did it again, roots were bright white in veg just like yours, then after a res change (with uc roots) they turned a cream color, i just added like 4ml uc roots per gallon.... that'll clear it up but id rather not be getting this growth stall in veg where there's not much time for stall....

Thanks, and what's your peak ppm you run these at? I'm going to hit up the guys at cc and ask if i can use their recommendation+150 ppm calmag so where they say to top out at 650, I'd be at 800 with the callimagic.

Thanks

Did you initially follow the schedule i posted for ppm recomendation and find your girls needed a hotter res?

I am running tap water (30ppm city water) should i get a tall boy dechlorinator or ro system? I feel like that's not needed with how low the ppms are but I'm lost as to why the roots seem to slime after a res change

Last edited:
NuggPufr

NuggPufr

850-1000 is usually where I like to be. I've been up in 12 and 1400 before and it doesn't seem to make a difference other than salt buildup. I mean you have the big guns, a/c, didn't see if you were running C02. You should be able to push them a bit. but I think the CC schedule even tells you theirs is just a recommendation or guideline. ultimately your strain and environment determine how hard you can push them.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Lol you think so? I had just clipped all the bottom shit too. You think they should be thinned out more?
Just a little on the bottom but other than that, you got your garden looking top notch . When my girls get like this I have tied them back just a little so that I can get better light penetration.

slimjimham

slimjimham

That makes sense, i do have a sentinel co2 controller but haven't used it in a while. I don't think I've used it since I've been in this room for a couple years because it's not really tightly sealed in the winter (i run a carbon filter through the lights, into my living room in a forced hot air vent.... i go through like 1/5 the oil i should, why waste the heat in the winter. In the summer its outside, through lights, outside... so when it warms up I'll try it. I feel like the co2 tanks i have are going to get old exchanging every week or so quick....

I think I'm going to finish this batch out like i have, then on the new ones I'm starting next week I'll push em harder and compare how they do.

Can you send me a week 1- 9 ppm schedule you use? Really trying to dial this in asap, i take pride in how these girls do and it's humbling to start from scratch in the knowledge of what they need ha

Also ideas on why roots sometimes slime up on res changes with about 2ml uc roots? About 4 days later

slimjimham

slimjimham

Also what are you doing week 1- in veg for ppm? I feel like the 300 they recommend is too low... (on the 500 scale)

NuggPufr

NuggPufr

Never had a root slime issue in the uc. I don't do rez changes either. just top up with nutes from the secondary res or RO water depending on EC and current week. What I do is have my next weeks nutes loaded in the secondary res and the current week is in the UC. as the water level starts to dip over the course of the week, the float opens and tops off with next weeks solution. by the time the next week starts it should be fully replaced with the fresh nutes. I have to maintain a certain temp and RH to get it just right. Sometimes if it has not completely replaced I will just drain some water, add RO, drain it again then top up. I might have to do that once a round

I also veg in a flood table in a different room since my flower room has other plants. I do use the CS line at higher than recommended in veg as well. I was having deficiencies, mainly nitrogen at the recommended levels. I run at about 600 in veg since its a flood table they don't sit in solution constantly.

Here is what my schedule looks like

gallery_291423_4848_12885.jpg

Top Bottom