1/4 water chiller big enough?

• No

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
growsh0w

growsh0w

Hey I just wanted to start a thread on here to remind myself of how my run goes with the UC system. If anyone wants to chime in and give some pointed feel free to do so I appreciate it very much.

First off I have the UCDB18XL I added a Eco-Plus 1/4 water chiller which I dont think is going to be big enough since I cant get the temps lower than 68. (shouldnt it get lower?)

I am using the CS nutes that came with the system right now I have it running 0.3 EC/6.3 PH and the temp is 68..Sounds good?

New to uc just setup ucdb16xl6k
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Ill be following along fosho clean nice and organized well done so far and good luck!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

What up GS! Nice set up! Just a couple things that might help some. Cover those buckets and 3in pvc with insulation and that will help with water temp and cover lids with black plastic or something to keep light away from roots. Also I have ran a chiller right next to my epi and I noticed a lot of heat being blown over my epi, maybe think about moving it off to the side and plumbing it over. I like my chiller out of the room if I can just to help with temps. Also, take an empty 5gallon bucket and fill it half way with water and dose some ph down in that 5 and dump in epi to lower your ph. i like to swing in veg. I start out about 5.2-5.4 and lower once i hit 6.2. my top off runs straight ro water phd to 5.8. I dig your gig man and I will be watching your show here..

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

I'd jump up to a 1hp unless you're in a place where it snows outside- then you will be able to get the temps down super low at the end of flower.

I second plumbing the chiller/moving it away from the Epicenter - even the 1/4hp unit makes way too much heat - don't forget that thing runs 24/7 unless the room is colder than the water in the system, which ain't often, unless, like I said earlier, you're in a place where it snows.

growsh0w

growsh0w

What up GS! Nice set up! Just a couple things that might help some. Cover those buckets and 3in pvc with insulation and that will help with water temp and cover lids with black plastic or something to keep light away from roots. Also I have ran a chiller right next to my epi and I noticed a lot of heat being blown over my epi, maybe think about moving it off to the side and plumbing it over. I like my chiller out of the room if I can just to help with temps. Also, take an empty 5gallon bucket and fill it half way with water and dose some ph down in that 5 and dump in epi to lower your ph. i like to swing in veg. I start out about 5.2-5.4 and lower once i hit 6.2. my top off runs straight ro water phd to 5.8. I dig your gig man and I will be watching your show here..

I was looking at your thread last night and I was thinking to myself "maybe I should insulate these buckets too!" I am going to plumb the cooler on the outside of the room today, do you think I should put the air pumps outside also?

Is that a special kind of insulation or just get it from home depot?

what do you think out the CS nutes?

thx again for stopping by!!

growsh0w

growsh0w

I'd jump up to a 1hp unless you're in a place where it snows outside- then you will be able to get the temps down super low at the end of flower.

I second plumbing the chiller/moving it away from the Epicenter - even the 1/4hp unit makes way too much heat - don't forget that thing runs 24/7 unless the room is colder than the water in the system, which ain't often, unless, like I said earlier, you're in a place where it snows.

damn 1hp! Yea I wish I was in a place where it was snowing LOL! its hot as hell here. Ill be moving the Cooler out of the room today just to see what the temps get down to, but I am going to look into a bigger chiller .. Kinda wish I didnt just waste the money on this one!

What are your ideal temps you like to run at?

thx for coming by!!!

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

reflectix is the insulation most guys are using around here. Home De-Pot carries it.

growsh0w

growsh0w

Its coming along! LOL..Well it took a little bit of extra time for the roots to get down into the water I should have put the rockwool cube down further. I put a layer of the stones when I shouldnt have :( .. But now they are all into the water they are looking good to me so far! Still waiting on the covers for the buckets to show up, those should be here any day now..

heres a couple pics

Photo2
Photo 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom