• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Would you use these LED's?

• Total voters
Polar510

Polar510

Hey Bud!
Those aren't really new.
There is a whole unsold stack at My local home depot for the past 2 years lol.
They sell a 2 bulb also for $70. I am really thinking this thing is a kinda useless. I mean what can it flower with 60 watts. IMO dont buy that piece of shit. Invest instead in a standard t5 if Your using it to bloom mix up the spectrum a little red and blues.

Icemud

Icemud

GORT

GORT

I'm flowering soon, what inexpensive LED would you recommend for my 4' x 4' tent?

Icemud

Icemud

I'm flowering soon, what inexpensive LED would you recommend for my 4' x 4' tent?

If you wanted the best bang for your buck, I would look into DIY COB or DIY quantum boards. Probably the cheapest option for getting the most light per watt, and being able to build it to suit your needs.

I've used both Budmaster and also Advanced LED and both are great panels, but not "inexpensive".

sixstring

sixstring

First link,you will want 1 lamp per sq foot.
Second link=junk Imo
3rs link you want 2 lamps per sq foot so 32 of those will grow decent in a 4 x 4. But why donthay,those are not very efficient when ya factor in the heat and all the cords n crap you need to run 16 or 32 lights in your tent
Also tjose a19 in the 3rd link,you can pull off the plastic lens and get better light output,they are definitely better than cfl lamps.

45North

45North

Inexpensive LED is @400. Hps has a much lower up front cost but you have more heat, power and bulb costs. Check the secondary market for a possible deal. For a 4x4 tent you need 400 true watts minimum. I use a CLW SS550 in the same size tent that works extremely well for me.
HO t5 may be your best bet or just save your $ and not throw it away on a “cheap” led.

Polar510

Polar510

Yeah dude IMO unless Your going to build Your own led like some of these Guy's.Then I would just get a
600 watt mh/hps with adjustable ballast that has 250/400/600 watt settings.
Its cheap to buy and effective. Then You can veg the plant out in 250w or 400w MH and then switch over to the hps 600 in flower.

DGP

DGP

If you wanted the best bang for your buck, I would look into DIY COB or DIY quantum boards. Probably the cheapest option for getting the most light per watt, and being able to build it to suit your needs.

I've used both Budmaster and also Advanced LED and both are great panels, but not "inexpensive".
Yeah DIY COBS or quantum....

www.cobkits.com
www.rapidled.com

You can build a very nice light for a reasonable amount but not cheap. It is way easier than most people think to build your own.

Dee
Tent
3bar

45North

45North

Yeah DIY COBS or quantum....

www.cobkits.com
www.rapidled.com

You can build a very nice light for a reasonable amount but not cheap. It is way easier than most people think to build your own.

Dee
View attachment 782412 View attachment 782413
This is totally the way I was looking but the local dirt store had the 550 for $299. F it.$100 for the controller and I’m in it for cheap! But wow , spectrum controls have a STEEP learning curve. First 2 runs were good but made rocks. Think 6 g thumb. 3d opened up the reds to fluff it out a bit but got sugar coated no smell. 4th thumbs up! Posted some of those pics. On #5 now..

1FFAE080 151F 4BF4 B6F2 B060B106B1A0
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Hey Bud!
Those aren't really new.
There is a whole unsold stack at My local home depot for the past 2 years lol.
They sell a 2 bulb also for $70. I am really thinking this thing is a kinda useless. I mean what can it flower with 60 watts. IMO dont buy that piece of shit. Invest instead in a standard t5 if Your using it to bloom mix up the spectrum a little red and blues.

Lowatts, but if you built out an entire cabinet using them as walls and on top, you might have something, BUT, for $500, look to companies like Amare

Anthem

Anthem

There is no inexpensive LED that will give you good results. Either go the DIY method and experiment to get a full spectrum or drop the cash on a real LED light. Fluence, Gavita or Grows Choice are all good LED's but like mentioned you are going to drop some cash. Low end is 1k per light.

DadWasANarc

DadWasANarc

There is no inexpensive LED that will give you good results. Either go the DIY method and experiment to get a full spectrum or drop the cash on a real LED light. Fluence, Gavita or Grows Choice are all good LED's but like mentioned you are going to drop some cash. Low end is 1k per light.
You might want to check out budgetgrowlight.com I think they have great products and their customer support is really good
They have a 3 year warranty and use really good components
But I think the difference is their customer service

Latest posts

Top Bottom