NEW UK🇬🇧 INDOOR GROWER NEEDS HELP!!!

• Thread starter Price1995
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Price1995

I am using a MAXIBRIGHT DAYLIGHT 200W LED with AUTOFLOWER STRAINS

I need HELP! Please see my photo & videos about the leafs!

I think the issue is with the light… 100Umols is what I have it set to currently..

I think I may have wind burnt them? Not sure!

PLEASE HELP!!!

New uk indoor grower needs help
New uk indoor grower needs help 2
P

Price1995

I am using a MAXIBRIGHT DAYLIGHT 200W LED with AUTOFLOWER STRAINS

I need HELP! Please see my photo & videos about the leafs!

I think the issue is with the light… 100Umols is what I have it set to currently..

I think I may have wind burnt them? Not sure!

PLEASE HELP!!!
USING A BIOGREEN STARTER KIT FOR THE NUTIRENTS!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I wish I had better news. Unfortunately these plants are pretty much cooked. You may be able to save them but I'm thinking you would be far ahead to pull them and start from scratch.

So tell me about your potting mix? Is this a pre-mixed and buffered Coco or a blend of Coco and peat moss?
A picture of the bag label would help.

Young plant tops like these should be about 30" bellow that light. No closer! Until your 2 weeks into flower then maybe let your plants grow closer but not less than 25". Not ever!

These days growing pot is a lot like being a mad scientist.
Do you have?
E.C Pen?
PPM Pen?
PH pen? with powders for calibrating.
PH up and PH down.
Dolomite lime, Granulated Gypsum or Cal-mag?

I find it handy to have a few syringes around for measuring. A 3ml and a 10ml for each bottle. An elastic band around the bottle keeps them handy. Nutrients are very powerful. Fallow the feeding chart to the letter. Measure very carefully!

The first 2 or 3 weeks after coming threw the ground your seedling is busy growing a root system that will support it's new top growth. It's easy to get fooled into thinking you need to do something. Don't. The seedling has everything it needs to grow up to the 2nd set of leaves. Only then is a light feeding required.

I have found that the pink autos a little difficult to start. See if you can get your hands on a Northern lights Auto.
They are more forgiving until you get yourself dialed in.

Starting seedlings in Coco.
Pop over to coco for cannabis. Do a little reading

Then come back and keep us company. There are a lot of guys that know Coco in the forum.
But a couple of hours snooping around Coco for cannabis will work wonders for you.
I tried Coco but now use a home brew. Not coco. But works much the same.

All the best.
Ron

Last edited:
P

Price1995

I wish I had better news. Unfortunately these plants are pretty much cooked. You may be able to save them but I'm thinking you would be far ahead to pull them and start from scratch.

So tell me about your potting mix? Is this a pre-mixed and buffered Coco or a blend of Coco and peat moss?
A picture of the bag label would help.

Young plant tops like these should be about 30" bellow that light. No closer! Until your 2 weeks into flower then maybe let your plants grow closer but not less than 25". Not ever!

These days growing pot is a lot like being a mad scientist.
Do you have?
E.C Pen?
PPM Pen?
PH pen? with powders for calibrating.
PH up and PH down.
Dolomite lime, Granulated Gypsum or Cal-mag?

I find it handy to have a few syringes around for measuring. A 3ml and a 10ml for each bottle. An elastic band around the bottle keeps them handy. Nutrients are very powerful. Fallow the feeding chart to the letter. Measure very carefully!

The first 2 or 3 weeks after coming threw the ground your seedling is busy growing a root system that will support it's new top growth. It's easy to get fooled into thinking you need to do something. Don't. The seedling has everything it needs to grow up to the 2nd set of leaves. Only then is a light feeding required.

I have found that the pink autos a little difficult to start. See if you can get your hands on a Northern lights Auto.
They are more forgiving until you get yourself dialed in.

Starting seedlings in Coco.
Pop over to coco for cannabis. Do a little reading

Then come back and keep us company. There are a lot of guys that know Coco in the forum.
But a couple of hours snooping around Coco for cannabis will work wonders for you.
I tried Coco but now use a home brew. Not coco. But works much the same.

All the best.
Ron
Thanks Ron! Love from the UK🇬🇧💪🏻🇺🇸

I have a PH meter for the nutrients and I have used the powder to calibrate it.

I have nutrients that I have added from day one, I have likely caused nutrient burn.

I use a PPFD meter on my phone to measure the light & I have unfortunately had the light closer than 25” I have a 0.6x0.6x170cm tent so its a bit short! I will buy a taller tent soon!

I do not have a EC pen/meter yet.

I was unsure about the light as it had a dimmer and had to read up about Umols etc.

I do use PH/UP/DOWN when mixing nutrients.

I am thinking about starting again with F1 autos as I hear they are more resilient to mess ups but please let me know what u would recommend /AUTOS/PHOTOPERIOD/F1 etc etc

THANK YOU AGAIN IS A BIG HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

After looking over what you have . I can say that you have good Coco. It's buffered and should do a fine job.
The nutrients have a specific feeding chart for Coco so your in order there as well. Did not see any Cal-Mag you will need a little?
Bio coco

So when your ready, throw a couple of new beans in the ground and have at it again.
You do need to keep the light way up top of your tent if you can. All the way threw veg and well into flower.
Modern LED lights are a lot more powerful than folks are lead to believe.

Water. This is where an EC meter or a ppm meter come in handy. For testing water for hardness.
Use city water or well water as this water has minerals in it.
Reverse osmosis or distilled water remove all the minerals and you can run into deficiency issues using them.
I'm sure you will find mixing solution videos and many more tips in Coco for Cannabis.

As you have a limited grow space. Watch these. I am also a very limited space indoor grower. And love mainlining as it keeps my plants relatively shot, down away from the lights and fills in the grow space. And it's fun to do.

This is the hardest part. After spending so much time and energy working with your plant is trimming for colas.
Removing unwanted bud sights that create popcorn bud and take away from top cola production. But if you want really nice top bud.
Learn how to do this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9V1K_WW70&t=499s

I'm sure with a couple of little changes your next grow will result in a nice harvest for you.
We all have a few set backs when just starting out. Having a pot plant is demanding.
Try and enjoy the process. All the Best from a little town called Petrolia Ontario Canada.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I think autos can be challenging for new growers. The timer starts when the seed drops, and if your plants aren't healthy or the size you want when they start flowering, there isn't anything to do about it. I never want to flower a sick or under-sized plant. Photos are more forgiving, and I think they are an easier path to a good outcome.

strainguy

strainguy

I dont think this is because of the led itself, i use 1000w from Nokotech and it goes at 11% (distance around 180cm from plants) in the beginning, and they are thriving. its more about feed and environment you created

P

Price1995

After looking over what you have . I can say that you have good Coco. It's buffered and should do a fine job.
The nutrients have a specific feeding chart for Coco so your in order there as well. Did not see any Cal-Mag you will need a little?
View attachment 2072871
So when your ready, throw a couple of new beans in the ground and have at it again.
You do need to keep the light way up top of your tent if you can. All the way threw veg and well into flower.
Modern LED lights are a lot more powerful than folks are lead to believe.

Water. This is where an EC meter or a ppm meter come in handy. For testing water for hardness.
Use city water or well water as this water has minerals in it.
Reverse osmosis or distilled water remove all the minerals and you can run into deficiency issues using them.
I'm sure you will find mixing solution videos and many more tips in Coco for Cannabis.

As you have a limited grow space. Watch these. I am also a very limited space indoor grower. And love mainlining as it keeps my plants relatively shot, down away from the lights and fills in the grow space. And it's fun to do.

This is the hardest part. After spending so much time and energy working with your plant is trimming for colas.
Removing unwanted bud sights that create popcorn bud and take away from top cola production. But if you want really nice top bud.
Learn how to do this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9V1K_WW70&t=499s

I'm sure with a couple of little changes your next grow will result in a nice harvest for you.
We all have a few set backs when just starting out. Having a pot plant is demanding.
Try and enjoy the process. All the Best from a little town called Petrolia Ontario Canada.
Wow.

I must say, the helpfulness & kindness on this site is great! Many thanks my Canadian friend!

I have been using the wrong feeding table! I was using the biogreen SOIL* & not COCO* mix!

I have CAL GEL from Biogreen but no CALMAG? I though it may have been the same thing but a branded name??

I have moved the lights all the way to the top of the tent now rather than having them mid way down the tent! Distance from light is now 35inchs/90cm from plant tops/canopy.

I will buy a EC meter & CALMAG too.

I have included a photo of my feed chart which looks abit different, that may be another reason I have failed in the way that I have.

Thanks again! 🇬🇧🇨🇦🇬🇧🇨🇦🇬🇧🇨🇦🇬🇧🇨🇦

View attachment Biogreen_UK_Nutrients_Soil_FeedingChart_Download.pdf
P

Price1995

I dont think this is because of the led itself, i use 1000w from Nokotech and it goes at 11% (distance around 180cm from plants) in the beginning, and they are thriving. its more about feed and environment you created
Thank you brother, I do still think it might be the light tho.. 200W at 30cm I had it at one point the max distance I can have the light is around 70cm MAX small tent!

Thanks again!🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸

P

Price1995

I think autos can be challenging for new growers. The timer starts when the seed drops, and if your plants aren't healthy or the size you want when they start flowering, there isn't anything to do about it. I never want to flower a sick or under-sized plant. Photos are more forgiving, and I think they are an easier path to a good outcome.
Thank you!

My friend from the Netherlands said the same thing!

He said I was crazy for choosing autos over photoperiod! & I think he was right to an extent!

Thanks again!!

Top Bottom