New vertical sog flood & drain system!!!

• Thread starter vertigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you like this Vertical sog system

• Yea pretty BA system!!!

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Totaly lame system.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • hmm... it's ok.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
V

vertigrow

Whatsup all i'm new to the farm but i thought I would like to get to know some of you and share my new system that I will be running as soon as I decide what strain will fit best for the vsog. tell me what you guys think about the system and what stains would work best in your opinion.

by the way this is just one side of the system i still am building the other side.
the system will have 96 plants, 48 on each side in 4x4x4 rockwool cubes. i will also have 3 600w cool tubes hanging vertically in the middle of the stadium valley.

New vertical sog flood  drain system
New vertical sog flood  drain system 2
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

wow man clean work! really cant wait to see this system in action!

have you ran a vsog before?

V

vertigrow

Thanks man. I have run a nft vsog but when you have pre-drilled holes and pots and you want to do sog its hard if you dont know exacly how that strain will grow spacing is different for most strains and to say that sog should have x number of plants per sqft is kinda tough. vertical growing will without a doubt increase the amount of plants able to be grown in a small space. but the problem i was running into was the spacing between plants side by side and when the plant is in a pre-drilled hole there's not much you can do about adjusting the spacing ( not to mention the amount of glacier water i was using with nft was re-fuckin-diculous ). so I decided to use the 4x4 cubes in a flood&drain style this time around, the cubes are easily moved and spacing can be adjusted as needed, and i'm hoping that flooding once a day should minimize water consumption as well. not that glacier water is expensive or anything but i'm sure anyone who has had to tote 5gal jugs back and forth to the grocery store knows it's a bitch!!! lol.

B

biggun4me

So do you start the feeding at the top and then it drains down? I am wondering if the strength of the nutes is the same by the time it gets to the bottom? Awesome looking and clean build though... I am a dirt grower, so all the high tech stuff scares me.. Peace

V

vertigrow

yea the nutes will be fine there's space in the bottom were there's no rockwool at all so it's just like having a table except you can grow more.

V

vertigrow

i will for sure you guy......anyone have any suggestions for a high yielding strain suited for sog..... as of right now the plan was to use my skunk#1 mother but i'm always open to anyone's ideas

deadcat

deadcat

Looks pretty awesome dude. Wish I had some advice toward which strain to select.

C

CoreyB760

holly shit dont bump it it might fall over. you should consider a longer base. with plants in it it will be really top heave, it would be a shame if it fell over. but man looks like a sweet setup good luck.. im subed keep us updated

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have to say thats one thing I was worried about - but instead of noticing the narow rack I was thinking the cubes might topple over - they look like (maybe its an illusion) that they arent level in the gutter and will lean forward - if they arent level watering could also be an issue

love the concept, and it could be easily dialed in

more detailed pix and info on the setup such as res size, number of pumps etc would be cool

trying to be helpful and not ripping on you

S

shagy64221

Looks Nice!!

Looks good to get plants a start before replanting to a larger container.

V

vertigrow

yea..... i had some design flaws at first for sure lol. the res is 25 gal, and yea the blocks do sit in at an angle and fit snugly inside the gutters and are physically unable to flip or fall out (i actually tested up to 3 pounds aint budging ) and as far as the whole system the weight is evenly distributed all around, so from front to back and side to side its holding strong. Thanks for the posts tho guys ... the only thing that's gonna make me better is to learn from other growers who have made mistakes and learned from previous experiences....thanks farmers 1luv

p.s. I'm new to the whole posting and everything but for people interested i will stay on top of my shit!!! i have about 150 cuttings rooting up now so stay tuned.....and leave links to ur grow also, love checkin em out. peace!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
cool mang - as far as strains - not sure where you are or what you have available to you - but a skunk#1 could go good in there - if you can get the numbers you need (and not have to pay for cuts especially) then just go with that

B

Bobby Smith

You got measurements on that system?

Using 600s, I can tell you right now that the top two rows aren't gonna be getting enough light (as motherlode said, not trying to hate, just to help).

Since it's still early and you're only in for ~$10 of PVC, I'd re-design that to be much more vertical and less horizontal - pulling numbers out my ass, I'd eyeball that and call it a 30 degree slope when you're gonna be wanting more of a 50-60 degree incline to be able to maximize the light from your 600s.

Also, 25 gallons isn't gonna be a large enough reservoir - those plants are gonna be drinking damn near that much per day when they get big in flower.

Just my $.02; anyways, link is in my signature to my vertical SOG (construction and setup, waiting on clones before growing starts) - 4 stacked 600s surrounded by 90 PVC wyes.

EDIT: you're also gonna want to eliminate ANY space in-between the rows in your re-design - doing a vertical SOG, that's simply wasted space and KILLS the lumens to the back rows (inverse square law and all that jazz).

V

vertigrow

cool mang - as far as strains - not sure where you are or what you have available to you - but a skunk#1 could go good in there - if you can get the numbers you need (and not have to pay for cuts especially) then just go with that

Yea the cuttings i got right now are skunk#1 i have never actually flowered skunk#1 before either but they say its a good candidate for sog tho so i guess we will all find out around the same time lol!

I wanted to do La woman(hash galore) my outdoor crop last year was bomb, but can't find them in-stock anywhere I got some rescue clones from a grower in cali who for some reason had to make his way back to CO. whatever tho the strain is the shit!!!.

V

vertigrow

I Dont think lighting will be a problem in the slightest the bottom row is 20'' in length from the top less than 2ft....... I also should have been more specific on lighting there will be 3 different 19'' cool tubes runnin 600watts hanging vertically
6x6 tent
-------------------------------
| [ o o o o o o o o o o o o ] |
|
| 600w 600w 600w
|
--------------------------------
and the wasted space is mostly an illusion look down! the lil bit of space you see will be filled with vegetation. also this is for sea of green not huge plants vegging for 2-3 months

PB243136
PB243134
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
love skunk +1 bro - hope you got budget for a good filter - lol

reloader

reloader

Looks good man, well thought out, I would like to see how it works for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom