New Years Traditions...

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Anybody got any good New Years traditions?

The last few years we have enjoyed Alaskan King Crab legs, on sale at City Market/King Soopoers.

This year Iam making a Crab Louie Salad. I use Romaine lettuce, onions, celery, hard boiled eggs, tomatoe with a thousand Island dressing.
A complete meal.

Also a tradition is Black Eyed Peas and ham hock. I used to be the only white boy on our crew when I worked for the airlines.
One New Years day I brought in a crockpot with my homemade blackeyed peas and ham hock. One fella told me.. " You may be white but you got some coon in you somewheres"

Hope ya all have a great New Year, I have had a wonderful old year, and the best is still yet to come..........CM

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
[YOUTUBE]Zh7sYUNkPic[/YOUTUBE]

For many years The Dead were a New Years Tradition.

This was the last show at the famous Winterland San Francisco, Dec 31 1978.

One of my favorite songs of the nite,warms my heart.

For one last time we were all safe at home in Winterlands arms with the Dead till dawn...

Soon after this magical night things just were not the same...

Awesome night 33 years ago...

winta

winta

cool thread chickenman! i also cook blackeyed peas but with either bacon or turkey butts, i make a 3 cheese (munster, pepper jack and sharp chedder)baked mac and cheese, collard greens and cabbage, green bean cassarolle and either a roast, a ham or fish...this year im makin stuffed sole :)

the sides are dishes i got recipes for from my grandma who was originally from alabama...i love to cook comfort food for all holidays as a family tradition and now that im far from my/my wife's family its even more important to feel at home!

happy holidays chickenman and all the rest of u farmers :)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
If you got a reciepie for that mac and cheese would love to try...

convex

convex

Taking down my 'Just in time for Christmas' plants 2 weeks later than expected ... a 3 year tradition so far ;)

Cheers

winta

winta

sure bro ;)

Winta's Grandma's Baked Mac and Cheese

1lb each munster, pepper jack,sharp chedder
2 boxes Elbow noodles
1stick butter
2tbls sugar
1 cup condensed milk
4eggs
3tbl flour
3tbl water

cube cheese 1" x 1" approx. boil elbow noodles,drain, add butter,mix until butter is melted then add sugar, milk and eggs mix well. mix flour with enough water to make a watery paste then add to macaroni and mix. finally add the cheese mix well then bake at 350 until the top is brown and bubbly (roughly 30-40mins).

enjoy chickenman ;)

If you got a reciepie for that mac and cheese would love to try...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bonfire - a bottle of premium booze (this year its gran centanrio anejo) - great food - music - killer buds - good friends and fireworks

8 years running now

heres to a kickass 2012 farm!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
My Tradition

My tradition is many large and various fireworks, all very loud. I usually make corned beef and cabbage with potatoes, carrots, and onions as well as some good bread and butter. Sometimes or always really break out some moonshine, always got a few mason jars. Gotta go

Take Care

mal

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

As usual,the entire family(well the ones that claim me, that is) are comeing over for games,food and just some fun.Hope you all have a wonderful time for your new years!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Come midnite will be sleepin...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if I had to milk chickens at the break of dawn Id be sleeping too

altimood

altimood

and collecting goat eggs

Goat eggs. LMAO. My tradition was getting hammered. Tomorrow marks month 4 alcohol free. My kids are at grandma's. Tonight I'm puffin' on some dank ass Sour Queen. Double Sour D x BCGA Killer Queen (G-13 x Cindy 99). New traditions....Hey Winta, I bet you'd like that Sour Queen from Rez.:animbong::animbong::animbong:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I got a doob of some headband, and another of some of my sour OG rolled up, getting ready to go to see Primus in SF. Last years show was sick! Happy new years everybody!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Getting hammered celebrating my birthday
In about 4 hours....
All you guys are celebrating it lol

Happy new years farm, be safe.

Fuck 2011! 2012 watch out suckaa

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

big ass honking alaska king crab legs here too c-man
and some other less important stuff :)

fwiw

edit: happy b-day drcali

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

back at ya wobbly happy new year bro :passingjoint:

S

sweetbee

Ahhhhhhhhh Chickenman, your touchin' my heart ! Missed that incredible experience, but shared many an evening in the city and berkeley comm. center. SSoooo, sweet Chickenman, I'm sure we shared some of those evenings . How about at the "Moore" ?
Donna Jeans always been an angel to me . . . and Jerry ? Well this Sweetbees proud to say I've shared my honey with " The Dancing Bear", "Fireweed off the mountain"!
When I handed him the jar . . . Jerry, as only "The Dancing Bear" could do, did a sweet sideshuffle, smiled and said, " I LOVE HONEY" . . . We all crowded on the loading dock behind the theater as the "decoy" limo's went the other way, and the Dead piled in city taxis! Sly bunch . . . Thanks Chickenman I could share a couple of these Dead delights
with you. My New Years ( As of 2012 ) Tradition . . . " Firing one up for the WHOLE DEAD Family, their music, The Rex Foundation, and all the incredible work they've done throughout all these years. Blessings in the New Year- Sweetbee

Top Bottom