New York is behind the times!

• Thread starter HeisenBOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

What's the deal NY? Why are we stuck in the 80's with respect to cannabis laws? Our taxes are through the roof, people are leaving the state in droves, and it's embarrassing. *UTAH* has a better policy than we do.

(no offense Utah :D)

Doesn't look like it's going to change as long as Andrew Cuomo is Governator, and considering he had over 60% of the vote last election, he'll probably win again.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah, both states are run by progressive liberal Dimm-o-crats of the same idealogy as those that ran Michigan into the shitter so until enough of the population wakes up and votes these fools out of office there will be no positive change.

...progressive, big government Rino's are no better and together they have run this whole country up to the edge of a cliff while shaving our freedoms, these son's of bitch's won't be happy until we are all nothing more than slaves, batteries in the Matrix, if you will.

...i personally live in RI which hasn't elected a man or woman of sense and principle for decades, ...it's truly embarrassing to see fools like Whitehouse, Reid and Langovin and thieves like Cicciline running the show, ...i'm saving my pennies as we speak and i hope to buy a piece of land and get the hell out of the northeast within the next 2 years.

peace, bozo

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Yeah cuz what new York needs is more politicians lmfao. Wake your fellow new Yorker up. Education on who to vote for, inform them. Organized rallies with senior citizens. Get your people numbers UP and TRY to make a change. Ill be in NYC in june and Tmb will be involved with a mmj rally. If you dont SPEAK UP, they just continue to fuck up our right's. #StandUpAndSpeak
Respect

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Which one of these fools doubled our national debt?
A. Barack Obama
B. George W Bush

There is no wrong answer.

Fuck the Republicans and fuck the Democrats.
If you're not voting libertarian, you are either ignorant, deluded, or have some kind of agenda.

HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

Seems the only difference between the Dems and Repubs are one wants to use the Top down method to misrepresent us, the other bottom up.

This is what New Yorkers want.
marijuana.jpg

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sadly, it's not about voters any more until they actually turn out and take the power back.
It's about what the machine wants. It's nothing but big business, and US citizens are slave labor. You can get away with anything if you have enough money. Land of the free my ass.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...unfortunately the media is in bed with all these son's of bitch's so they only tell the story that promotes their liberal agenda, to them a libertarian is an extremist fringe candidate and someone to be marginalized and destroyed as a viable option.

the media is the cancer that is lieing to the public and making it possible for these fools in Washington to get away with passing legistlation that takes control of 1/6 of our total economy just so they can then read it and try to understand what's in it.

...and it's the media who fan the flames of discontent among the population and do their best to polarize us and keep us busy arguing with each other, they want us all to believe that the other side is our enemy so they can have sensational 'news' to report.

the truth is it is the media who is the enemy here and we need to 'vote' them out of jobs by not watching their shitty 'shows' and by boycotting the company's who support these lieing assholes.

bozo

sixstring

sixstring

I thought I just saw Ny governor talking about medical mj not long ago?seemed like he was starting to open up to the idea some.but if those stats above are true it wont be long before a change is made.

HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

http://www.decidenyc.com/2014-new-york-state-elections/governor/

According to this site...
"The gubernatorial race will get a lot of attention, though most of the intrigue will probably turn out to be over Governor Andrew Cuomo’s margin of victory and what the race says about his 2016 presidential chances. In 2010, Cuomo defeated Carl Paladino, with Cuomo receiving 63% of the vote to Paladino’s 33%. While Paladino may challenge Cuomo again in 2014, other Republican contenders may emerge. Rumored candidates for the GOP nomination include Paladino, Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino, and Donald Trump."

Donald Trump? Really? (sigh)

Rob Astorino has a page up where he lists his stance on issues. No mention of marijuana policy, but he DOES say he's "pro-growth", I'll email him and ask him to expand on that a bit :D

BINGO!
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/oct/25/cuomo_opposes_medical_marijuana
Paladino Says Let the People Decide

Carl Paladino it is then.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Both parties want money and power. Without responsibility. The voters ain't holding politicians accountable; so WHO THE FUCK WILL?! Nobody; these jokers are free to serve themselves and repeat bad history.
As long as we continue to bicker about things, the longer this antiquated two-party system will continue to drag our nation into the muck.
I would be surprised if the Libertarian party does not start to make waves in elections. God knows we need some leaders with some common sense.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Both parties want money and power. Without responsibility. The voters ain't holding politicians accountable; so WHO THE FUCK WILL?! Nobody; these jokers are free to serve themselves and repeat bad history.
As long as we continue to bicker about things, the longer this antiquated two-party system will continue to drag our nation into the muck.
I would be surprised if the Libertarian party does not start to make waves in elections. God knows we need some leaders with some common sense.
I wish I could agree with you. I've been Libertarian since I registered to vote at age 18. But the hardcore Libertarians STILL believe fully in privatization, and we're currently seeing just how completely fucking out of hand that can get. No more.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with regard to the voters.

In the meantime, I and others are watching this thread, it's a litmus test. Can folks who post here keep the rhetoric and divisive speech down to a minimum and instead keep it civil? I'm using the above quoted post as an example of how to do it right.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Excellent point, Sea. I definitely sound more passionate than I truly am. I do think anyone paying attention to our social/political climate is going to need some level of anger management therapy, lol!!
But for the most part, I have given up, except to get out and vote, and run my mouth when the opportunity presents.

Deliberate ignorance and abuse of trust are a couple of my "buttons"

Ya really have to be careful making any kind of an absolute statement. There are always exceptions and facts of which you may be unaware.

I too, think the hardcore Libetarians are too "fringe". But I gotta go with a new route instead of defining insanity voting for a Rep or Dem. And I agree with most of what Libertarians stand for.

HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

But I gotta go with a new route instead of defining insanity voting for a Rep or Dem. And I agree with most of what Libertarians stand for.

Same here. I used to be a straight Republican voter.

Another thing is "Issues", we here this alot. "Vote on the issues." -but then those issues are chosen for us arbitrarily.
eg: When Ron Paul ran, he was asked about his stance on abortion, and his response enlightened me, I'm "soft pro-choice" and he's against abortion, but then he went on to ask why it mattered, as he's running for an office that has virtually no influence on the issue one way or the other, so why should it make any difference when choosing a candidate for that position? Even "issue" voters are being manipulated, and sometimes "what they stand for" isn't even relevant.

HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

Same here. I used to be a straight Republican voter.

Another thing is "Issues", we here this alot. "Vote on the issues." -but then those issues are chosen for us arbitrarily.
eg: When Ron Paul ran, he was asked about his stance on abortion, and his response enlightened me, I'm "soft pro-choice" and he's against abortion, but then he went on to ask why it mattered, as he's running for an office that has virtually no influence on the issue one way or the other, so why should it make any difference when choosing a candidate for that position? Even "issue" voters are being manipulated, and sometimes "what they stand for" isn't even relevant.

To tie that back into the topic, Carl Paladino says he'll represent the wishes of the people on the Marijuana issue. To me, this is more important than how he actually feels about the issue himself.

ZONER

ZONER

What's the deal NY? Why are we stuck in the 80's with respect to cannabis laws? Our taxes are through the roof, people are leaving the state in droves, and it's embarrassing. *UTAH* has a better policy than we do.

(no offense Utah :D)

Doesn't look like it's going to change as long as Andrew Cuomo is Governator, and considering he had over 60% of the vote last election, he'll probably win again.
Cuomo only won based on name recognition just like Bush did. Andrews daddy Mario Cuomo was a former governor.

Phasayus

Phasayus

Here's the current status of what going on up here. The truth in a nutshell. The bastards are playing politics with our lives. It's not that we don't have enough politicians. We don't have enough people with the attitude required to get the job done. Period!

I'll be sharing more info soon.... If you need any specific legal data let me know and i'll see what i can do.

Peace

Summary of New York’s New Medical Marijuana Law (S7923/A6357-E)

Under New York’s new medical marijuana law, a patient who has been certified by a healthcare provider to use medical marijuana will register with the New York State Department of Health and receive a patient identification card. Specially approved organizations — such as hospitals or community health centers — will dispense the medical marijuana to registered patients, under DOH supervision.

How Do Patients Qualify to Be Part of the Program?

Must be resident of NY or is being treated in NY.
Must be being treated in NY for the condition for which you are seeking medical marijuana.
Must be certified by a NY physician who has registered with DOH to recommend medical marijuana (means that the doctor has completed a 2-4 hour training course and filed pipework with the DOH).

Must be under that doctor’s care for the condition for which you are seeking medical marijuana
Your doctor must believe and be willing to certify that you will receive some therapeutic or palliative benefit from medical marijuana.

Must have a “serious condition,” as defined by the law.
Must obtain a registry identification card from the Department of Health (DOH) and carry their patient registry card at all times that they are in possession of medical marijuana.
What Medical Conditions Make a Patient Eligible for Medical Marijuana in New York?

A serious condition is defined as: “having one of the following severe debilitating or life-threatening conditions: cancer, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication or intractable spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathies, Huntington’s disease, or as added by the commissioner; and (ii) any of the following conditions where it is clinically associated with, or a complication of, a condition under this paragraph or its treatment: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe or chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures; severe or persistent muscle spasms; or such conditions as are added by the commissioner.”

Conditions that must be considered by the Commissioner for inclusion in 18 months: Alzheimer’s, muscular dystrophy, dystonia, post-traumatic stress disorder and rheumatoid arthritis.
Any other condition can be added by the Commissioner at any time.
What’s the Process for a Patient to Become Certified to Receive Medical Marijuana Under the Program?

Patients apply to DOH to become a certified patient.
The application (which DOH will develop) must include:

Name
Date of birth
Doctor’s certification, which includes a statement that patient has a serious condition and is under doctor’s car for that condition
Dates for which the certification is valid
Photo

Name, address, Federal registration number, phone number and original signature of practitioner
Certification expires after one year from the date the doctor signs it, or the doctor can specify an earlier termination date.

If the patient is terminally ill (as certified by their doctor), the registration doesn’t expire until patient’s death.

If the patient is under 21, a parent or legal guardian can make the application as the designated caregivers.

Patients must pay $50 fee which can be reduced or waived if s/he is experiencing financial hardship.
If the application is approved, DOH will issue the patients registry card that will include any limitations regarding forms or dosage made by the certifying doctor.

What Kind and How Much Medical Marijuana Can a Certified Patient Obtain?

All allowable forms (e.g., extracts, tinctures, oils, edibles) of medical marijuana, including methods of consumption and strain, variety, and strength, are determined by the Commissioner and must be approved by the Commissioner before they can be sold.

Smoking as a method of consumption of the only form not left to the Commissioner and specifically excluded from ‘certified medical use’ in the statute.

No patients or caregiver can legally possess more than a 30 day supply as determined by the practitioner and consistent with any DOH regulations.

Patients can get a refill of their medical marijuana can refill during the last 7 days of their 30 day supply.

Medical marijuana must be kept in its original packaging.
Medical marijuana cannot be consumed in a public place.

How Do Medical Practitioners Get Involved in Recommending Medical Marijuana to Patients?

Only physicians are allowed to recommend medical marijuana, although the Commissioner has the option of including nurse practitioners based on patient need and access
Recommending physicians must:

Be licensed and practicing in New York
Be qualified to treat the serious condition
Have completed a 2-4 hour training course
Have registered with the DOH

Must be caring for the patients for whom they are making recommendation, meaning that they have done a full assessment of patient’s medical history and current medical condition, and believe that the patient will benefit from the use of medical marijuana.

Must consult the prescription drug monitoring program and review the patient’s control substances history before issuing a recommendation
Physicians cannot issue a certification to him/herself

What are the Dosing Guidelines?

Practitioners must consider the form and dosage and include any such recommendations in the certification

If the practitioner has determined a specific dose or any limitations, these must be included on the patient’s certification

For ingestible forms, a single dose cannot exceed 10 mg of THC
What Do Caregivers Need to Do to be Able to Help a Certified Patients?

A patient can designate up to two caregivers

If the patient is under 21, not allowed caregivers other than a legal guardian or parent unless a case if made to DOH that no legal guardian or parent is available

No one can be a caregiver to more than 5 certified patients at one time.
Caregivers must register with DOH to obtain a registry identification card.
Caregivers can legal possess up to 30 day supply if registered with DOH (has to be right form and dose for the specified patient))

Any changes or terminations of caregivers must be conveyed to DOH immediately; card will be suspended

When will the Program Be Up and Running?

DOH must begin issuing patient ID cards “as soon as practicable”
Patient registry ID cards and registered organization licenses shall be issued or become effective no later than 18 months from the effective date of the law or until such time that Commissioner and Superintendent of Police certify that the program can be implemented in accordance with public health and safety interests, whichever comes later.

Governor may immediately terminate all RO licenses if there is a finding that there is a risk to public health or safety.

The law expires in seven years unless renewed by the legislature

Are Patients, Caregivers, and People in the Industry Protected from Discrimination?

Patients, caregivers, practitioners, or employees of registered organizations “shall not be denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to, they shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for the certified medical use or manufacture of marihuana, or for any other action or conduct in accordance with this title.”

Patients, practitioners and employees of registered organizations are also protected under the human rights law (housing, employment, public accommodations).
Patients, practitioners and employees of registered organizations are protected in custody and family law proceedings.

Registry information is not subject to public disclosure laws (i.e., it must be kept confidential).
What are the Rules for People Who Want to Be Part of the Industry of Producing or Dispensing Medical Marijuana?

Registered organizations or “RO’s” are entities that the state licenses to produce and dispense medical marijuana.

RO’s: Can be for-profit or not-for-profit organizations
Must contract with an independent laboratory approved by the Commissioner of Health for product testing

Cannot be managed by or employ anyone, who comes in direct contact with the marijuana, who has been convicted of felony drug charge within 10 years (unless they received a certificate of relief or good conduct)

Growing must be done indoors (which may include a greenhouse) in a secure facility
The Commissioner will not license more than 5 RO’s, which can each operate 4 dispensaries (for a total of 20 dispensaries)

Commissioner can add more RO’s if s/he determines a need
DOH will issue regulations for RO’s, including regulation governing security and tracking
How Do I Become a Registered Organization (RO)?

To apply to be an RO, the organizations must meet a range of criteria, including that they:

Have sufficient facilities and land or a bond of $2 million
Can maintain good security

Has entered into a labor peace agreement
Able to comply with all state laws
In determining who can be an RO, the Commissioner should consider the public interest – including regional access

The fee for RO’s is to be determined by the Commissioner
Licenses are valid for 2 years and then must be renewed
Licenses can be immediately suspended of terminated if the RO is not adequately controlling diversion or otherwise violating the statute or regulations.
What are the Fees for Participating?

$50 for patient or caregiver card
$25 for lost card
Fees for producers and dispensaries are to be determined by the Health Commissioner

What are the Requirements about Labelling, Packaging & Advertising?

Must be sold in a secure, properly labeled package

Safety insert and warning label is required that includes methods of administration, clarity about individual dose, risks and dangers

RO’s must determine and provide information to DOH, patients and practitioners about the quality, safety, and clinical strength of marijuana

Commissioner is authorized to make rules about advertising – consistent with those for prescription drugs

Patients and caregivers must keep medical marijuana in the original packaging
How Much Will Medical Marijuana Cost?

Commissioner determines the price of all sales
Commissioner shall set a per dose price for each form of marijuana
How Will Medical Marijuana Be Taxed?

Medical marijuana is taxed through an excise tax, which means that the RO pays the tax directly to the state

The law established a medical marijuana trust fund – 100% of revenue is to be deposited there
Excise tax of 7% will be levied on gross receipts and paid by the RO

22.5% goes to county were the medical marijuana was produced
22.5% goes to county were the medical marijuana was dispensed
5% goes to Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services for prevention, counseling and treatment services
5% goes to the Department Criminal Justice Services for discretionary grant program related to enforcement of the this title

Top Bottom