New

• Thread starter tonyOmerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tonyOmerta

tonyOmerta

Hello guys my names Tony, I'm 26 years old and I am new to this forum. I came seeking knowledge and advise from more experienced growers than myself and was also hoping to find a concentrate making guru as I have been experiencing some minor issues trying to get my own to shatter up.

tonyOmerta

tonyOmerta

Well, we can't help you without knowing the technique you used…… until then, Welcome!

I have six ounces of BHO that was blasted and never purged completely by a friend and I am attempting to turn it into shatter with little to no success. The batch was made from fresh trim and came out a nice light yellow but very waxy. So far I have winterized the entire batch with Everclear at a ratio of 800 ML / per Oz of BHO.

Yesterday I attempted to get one oz to shatter up. First I split it in two 14gram batches. Then I put one 14g patty in a vac chamber I made at home and placed that on top of a nuwave2 induction cooker. After straining the waxes and lipids from the bho I poured the dewaxed solution into a pyrex dish which I sat on top of a pan that was on my nuwave. I heated the nuwave up and used an IR gun to make sure the everclear never went over 105 degrees or under 88 degrees. When the everclear was all evaporated out I scraped it up with a razor, put it on parchment paper and threw it in the vac chamber. After this point is where i think I am ruining the batch. I slowly heat the patty up until it starts to really bubble up and turn liquid then I turn on my vacuum and lowered the heat to 115. I left it on vac and at 115 degrees for about 12 hours and when I checked in the morning only the edges of the patty resembled anything close to shatter. The vast majority of the patty was just clear sticky messy oil and I cannot get it to harden no matter how much I experiment with it. I am afraid of ruining the other few ounces I have. Can anybody offer me some advice as to how to make this stuff stable? I would even be willing to pay money for a good set of directions as long as the person who provides them is a good reputable memeber of the community.

Saguaro

Saguaro

Chances are that it waxed up because A) it was scraped from the pyrex too early…..or…….B) it cooled down before allowing butane to completely evaporate.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Alright well, It was Scraped far to early to start with, causing a nice emulsion of butane and oil, Your Everclear step was a good idea in theory but what ended up happening is you replaced butane with alcohol and water in that emulsion now.

Going to take a decent amount of heat and vac ( at the same time ) to release the remaining alcohol and water mix.

Thin the bho out as much as possible on parchment then heat and vac the thin layer should start to turn to either shatter or a brick of dried out wax..

Top Bottom